Herochat

Oklahoma GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Suggests Euthanizing the Poor

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +10/-2
    • View Profile
Of course, the same hacker that got to Joy Reid also must have been busy hacking this slob's accounts.

https://www.peacock-panache.com/2018/05/barnett-oklahoma-euthanizing-snap-34012.html

A Republican gubernatorial candidate in Oklahoma allegedly argued this week that those unable to support themselves whether they’re disabled, children or otherwise – should view euthanasia as an option rather than burden taxpayers through use of SNAP food assistance. Christopher Barnett – registered to run in this year’s Oklahoma gubernatorial election – told a commenter to his campaign’s Facebook page that “…why are we required to keep them up? Sorry but euthanasia is cheaper and doesn’t make everyone a slave to the Government.”

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:51:13 PM by Imperial »
Sig : Sara Jean Underwood

AP

• +116/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Oklahoma GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Suggests Euthanizing the Poor
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:12:15 PM »
Weird since Republicans always talk about how universal health care would result in euthanasia.  They don't even like pulling the plug.

Dlbiininja

• +112/-13214
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 10:20:14 PM »
Sure it was. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 10:51:21 PM »
Weird since Republicans always talk about how universal health care would result in euthanasia.  They don't even like pulling the plug.

Listen its not their fault if they kill themselves after they strip them of everything until they have nothing left to live for.

HalloweenJack

• +34/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 09:00:24 PM »
 this does seem a little too perfect to not be a hack (and you can take hack one way or another here)

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 08:35:36 AM »
Personally I'd like to see euthanasia legalised & respected as a personal choice.

I honestly do not like or look forward to being old, frail & dependant on either my family or whatever meagre govt assistance that will be available in the near future.

I feel that I've already led my life to the fullest & without the off chance of actually "winning the lottery tomorrow", life only gets more difficult & expensive, the older you get.

Honestly, if euthanasia was a viable choice, I would announce to family & friends now that in x-amount of years I will be choosing that option & give them that period to respect my choice.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »
I don't buy the hacker excuse. The poll and following posts were put up over several instances. He didn't file a police report. And is attempting to cast himself as the victim. Which is part of the par for the course map GOP snowflakes use when they hang themselves. Why would someone hack a guy that apparently is  not a major contender anyway?

It looks like either he or a member of his staff got caught going too far in the "I can be the most Republicany Republican ever" sweepstakes in a red state full of evangelical goobers who little doubt agree with the "Let him die" philosophy.
Sig : Sara Jean Underwood