Herochat

Top 10 most powerful MCU characters (post Infinity War)

glutton

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Top 10 most powerful MCU characters (post Infinity War)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 05:14:07 PM »
Thanos
Dormammu
Surtur
Ego
Odin
Hela
Thor
Dr.Strange
Kurse
Nanite Iron Man, based on nothing other than that he has to be!

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 05:28:19 PM »
Whether it was "depowered" or "base", a weaker Thor mauled a weaker Surtur.

Yes, but it was a full powered Thor against a Surtur that had been damn near killed and de-powered.  It's like if Captain America beat up Thor while he was human in the first Thor movie.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they both got MUCH STRONGER from that point. You can throw out whatever adjective you want. You can call it Supreme Alpha Male Uber Thor vs 99% Dead Cripple Surtur... they BOTH underwent huge power upgrades after that fight, so I have no reason to believe Surtur leapt past where Thor ends up with Stormbreaker.

I'd say the power-up Surtur got was MUCH higher than the upgrade Thor got with Stormbreaker.

Yeah, I'm not sure I follow Bamf's argument here.  Both characters got stronger after their initial fight, but Surtur still ended up being several magnitudes more powerful than Thor.  The guy beat Hela and blew up a planet.  It's also weird that Surtur would be below Odin when we know Odin beat him.

DarthAlani

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 05:35:55 PM »
Thanos with stones
Dormammu
Thor w/stormbreaker
Odin
Surtur
Ego
Hela
Doctor Strange
Iron man w/nano armor
Scarlet Witch
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 06:22:50 PM by DarthAlani »

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 05:37:52 PM »
I think Wanda might be able to beat Tony, actually.

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 05:55:59 PM »
No way is Thor above Hela.

Hela wrecked the shit out of him every time they fought and Thor had to sacrifice the whole of Asgard to stop her. No way he is above her even with Stormbreaker, I know he had a great run of showings in IW but steady the fuck on, she was a whole other league to Thor.

Cheers.

Uhtceare

• +19/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 06:30:23 PM »

Wanda's the sort of plot-devicey glass-canon who can beat just about anyone or lose to just about anyone. She beat Vision and lost to Hawkeye, and neither felt like jobbings.

Rage.Of.Olympus

• +9/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2018, 06:54:44 PM »
Surtur was beaten by Odin half a million years ago. Odin also beat and banished Hela. The version we saw after the first movie was weakened/tired, but just based on the way he depowered Thor, he was clearly on an entirely different level.

Thor even with Stormbreaker can't beat Hela. Stormbreaker would even the odds incredibly, but even if he could beat the utter shit out of her with the hammer, Hela was basically indestructible and was only getting stronger. Valkyrie stabbed her with Dragonfang (A legendary weapon of the Valkyrie's), and Thor blasted her with enough lightning to shatter the Bifrost. She was completely unharmed even AS it was happening.

My biggest regret is that we never saw a full power Odin cut loose except messing up a few Frost Giants.

10 - Wanda
9 - Hulk
8 - Dr. Strange
7 - Thor
6 - Ego on his home world
5 - Hela
4 - Surtur
3 - Odin
2 - Dormammu
1 - Thanos

Ego and Hela are close.

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2018, 06:55:22 PM »

Wanda's the sort of plot-devicey glass-canon who can beat just about anyone or lose to just about anyone. She beat Vision and lost to Hawkeye, and neither felt like jobbings.

Good point.

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2018, 07:48:31 PM »
Is it fair to say nanite Tony technically did better against Thanos than Hulk?

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2018, 07:51:05 PM »

Eh... yes and no.

Sure, Tony drew blood and lasted longer in a solo fight.  Then again, Hulk actually had Thanos staggering initially and simply ended up KO'd as opposed to being stabbed in the gut like Tony was.  Also, Tony had a better team helping him out whereas Hulk was more or less on his own as Thanos had already beaten everyone else.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 07:53:23 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw9gXu1rTf8

The tl;dw of this video:

10 - Ronan
9 - Hulk
8 - Ego
7 - Dr Strange
6 - Thor
5 - Hela
4 - Surtur
3 - Odin
2 - Dormammu
1 - Thanos

I think I kinda of agree with this except for maybe switching Ego and Strange.  I'm not sure how I feel about Ronan there.  I probably would have placed Ancient One in there somewhere.

What say you?

I'd put Ego after Surtur and maybe Hela depending on how close you see her to Surtur, and knock the rest down accordingly.  Vision could probably take Ronan, don't you think?  Wanda is a maybe for reasons already discussed.

scourge

• +37/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 09:17:06 PM »

Yeah—when Tony made him bleed, he was pretty much going one on one. Everyone else was scattered and he was setting himself up. With about the same amount of time he did better than Hulk

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 10:58:30 PM »
No way is Thor above Hela.

Hela wrecked the shit out of him every time they fought and Thor had to sacrifice the whole of Asgard to stop her. No way he is above her even with Stormbreaker, I know he had a great run of showings in IW but steady the fuck on, she was a whole other league to Thor.

Cheers.

Stormbreaker could prob kill her though

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2018, 12:33:49 AM »

Eh... yes and no.

Sure, Tony drew blood and lasted longer in a solo fight.  Then again, Hulk actually had Thanos staggering initially and simply ended up KO'd as opposed to being stabbed in the gut like Tony was.  Also, Tony had a better team helping him out whereas Hulk was more or less on his own as Thanos had already beaten everyone else.

Yeah—when Tony made him bleed, he was pretty much going one on one. Everyone else was scattered and he was setting himself up. With about the same amount of time he did better than Hulk
True. Thanos also had more gems and had used them on Tony at least once that we saw before the one on one (I just saw it again yesterday but can't remember if he used it during their solo fight). I can see how it could go either way.

Red Exodus

• +12/-21
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 12:38:52 AM »
1. Thanos w/ Stones
2. Dormammu
3. Surtur
4. Thor (w/ Stormbreaker)
5. Odin
6. Hela
7. Ego
8. Kurse
9. Ebony Maw
10. Dr. Strange

*Unknowns
-Eshon The Searcher
-Eternity
-Death
-Entrophy
-Infinity
-Blackbolt (full potential of voice unknown)