Herochat

Top 10 most powerful MCU characters (post Infinity War)

AP

• +89/-52
    • View Profile
Top 10 most powerful MCU characters (post Infinity War)
« on: May 15, 2018, 03:42:01 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw9gXu1rTf8

The tl;dw of this video:

10 - Ronan
9 - Hulk
8 - Ego
7 - Dr Strange
6 - Thor
5 - Hela
4 - Surtur
3 - Odin
2 - Dormammu
1 - Thanos

I think I kinda of agree with this except for maybe switching Ego and Strange.  I'm not sure how I feel about Ronan there.  I probably would have placed Ancient One in there somewhere.

What say you?

Not BAMF

• +13/-12
    • View Profile
Re: Top 10 most powerful MCU characters (post Infinity War)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 04:02:30 PM »
Ego is WAY undersold there.

After 30 solid seconds of mild consideration, I'd say:

1. Thanos w/ Stones
2. Dormammu
3. Ego
4. Thor (w/ Stormbreaker)
5. Surtur
6. Odin
7. Ebony Maw
8. Dr. Strange
9. Hela
10. Hulk
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 04:04:31 PM by Not BAMF »
https://gotstratosphere.com/ - Ghosts Of The Straosphere

NeoGreenLantern

• +83/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:03:03 PM »
I would take Ronan off and either put Loki or Ancient One.

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 04:06:06 PM »
All seems about right to me—Scarlet Witch might be worthy of some attention though. She single handedly dropped the core Avengers in her first putting and held off a 5 gemed Thanos with one hand while she took out Vision’s stone. I’d probably put her at at least (and probably at most too)#10 on any list.

AP

• +89/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 04:10:17 PM »
5. Surtur
6. Odin

How do you figure this?

I would take Ronan off and either put Loki or Ancient One.

Agreed on Ancient One and while Loki has a lot of tricks, he also has a habit of getting his ass kicked.

All seems about right to me—Scarlet Witch might be worthy of some attention though. She single handedly dropped the core Avengers in her first putting and held off a 5 gemed Thanos with one hand while she took out Vision’s stone. I’d probably put her at at least (and probably at most too)#10 on any list.

Oh, she's a good one.

Kurse should also get a mention.  He's still given Thor a worse beating than Hulk ever did.

Not BAMF

• +13/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 04:22:41 PM »
To be fair, I don't remember ANYTHING relevant for Odin. He yelled at Thor a lot and got bitched by Loki off camera. But he's ODIN, and the original list had him, so... I went with it. Honestly, I'd probably like to remove him entirely and add Scarlet Witch at #10.

Surtur ahead of him because if Odin was such a big deal compared to Surtur, Thor wouldn't have needed to go stop him before he powered up (since he thought Odin was still in Asgard at that point).

And Thor w/ Stormbreaker over Surtur because base Thor wrecked based Surtur with ease, and then they both powered up. Surtur may have made a bigger jump, but Thor got a lot stronger when he unlocked his natural thunder powers AND THEN got Stormbreaker which had no issue ripping through a full Gauntlet blast.

Uhtceare

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 04:26:14 PM »

Agreed, Ego is being insanely undersold. The only reason he lost was by being distracted by his Celestial powered son. He was on the verge of murdering everyone everywhere just by having his powers, at most, doubled.

Not BAMF

• +13/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »

Agreed, Ego is being insanely undersold. The only reason he lost was by being distracted by his Celestial powered son. He was on the verge of murdering everyone everywhere just by having his powers, at most, doubled.

Yeah, I think Thanos, Dormammu, and Ego are their own class here. There's a big drop after those 3, IMO.

Looking at that original list... there is no way Hela or Dr. Strange are even remotely close to beating Ego.

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 04:33:45 PM »

After 30 solid seconds of mild consideration, I'd say:

1. Thanos w/ Stones
2. Dormammu
3. Ego
5. Surtur
6. Odin
7. Ebony Maw
8. Dr. Strange
9. Hela
10. Hulk
I can get behind this list but I don't see Ebony Maw as more powerful than what Strange unleashed against Thanos, and I can agree with your commentary on Odin/SW.

AP

• +89/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 04:48:05 PM »
To be fair, I don't remember ANYTHING relevant for Odin. He yelled at Thor a lot and got bitched by Loki off camera

Odin stripped Thor of his powers, then gave Mjolnir the worthiness enchantment, and he beat Hela and trapped her in another dimension.  He also had near omnipotence while in Asgard even while in the Odinsleep.  Apparently, he can communicate with people after death and might've empowered Heimdall to open the Bifrost and send Hulk to Earth.  As for Loki, it was general trickery while he was old and weak.

Surtur ahead of him because if Odin was such a big deal compared to Surtur, Thor wouldn't have needed to go stop him before he powered up (since he thought Odin was still in Asgard at that point).

He had no idea Surtur was there as Odin had beaten him centuries before.  That was why Surtur was smaller and had a gimp leg.

And Thor w/ Stormbreaker over Surtur because base Thor wrecked based Surtur with ease, and then they both powered up. Surtur may have made a bigger jump, but Thor got a lot stronger when he unlocked his natural thunder powers AND THEN got Stormbreaker which had no issue ripping through a full Gauntlet blast.

That wasn't base Surtur.  That was depowered Surtur.  He had the power to destroy a planet, which I do not see Thor doing even with Stormbreaker.

Not BAMF

• +13/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 04:50:58 PM »
Whether it was "depowered" or "base", a weaker Thor mauled a weaker Surtur.

AP

• +89/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 04:51:55 PM »

Yes, but it was a full powered Thor against a Surtur that had been damn near killed and de-powered.  It's like if Captain America beat up Thor while he was human in the first Thor movie.

Not BAMF

• +13/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 04:54:38 PM »

Yes, but it was a full powered Thor against a Surtur that had been damn near killed and de-powered.  It's like if Captain America beat up Thor while he was human in the first Thor movie.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they both got MUCH STRONGER from that point. You can throw out whatever adjective you want. You can call it Supreme Alpha Male Uber Thor vs 99% Dead Cripple Surtur... they BOTH underwent huge power upgrades after that fight, so I have no reason to believe Surtur leapt past where Thor ends up with Stormbreaker.

80sBaby

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 04:57:27 PM »

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they both got MUCH STRONGER from that point. You can throw out whatever adjective you want. You can call it Supreme Alpha Male Uber Thor vs 99% Dead Cripple Surtur... they BOTH underwent huge power upgrades after that fight, so I have no reason to believe Surtur leapt past where Thor ends up with Stormbreaker.

I'd say the power-up Surtur got was MUCH higher than the upgrade Thor got with Stormbreaker.

80sBaby

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 05:02:22 PM »
1. Thanos w/ Stones
2. Dormammu
3. Ego
4. Surtur
5. Odin
6. Thor w/Stormbreaker
7. Hela
8. Dr. Strange
9. Hulk
10. Ebony Maw