Herochat

Bleeding Edge Iron Man vs Thor(w/ Mjolnir)

XerxesTWD

• +77/-22
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
Re: Bleeding Edge Iron Man vs Thor(w/ Mjolnir)
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 08:37:40 PM »
Post-Ragnarok, I think if Thor gets him with lightning again, it would be poured on at a level that completely fried the nanites.

And it wouldn't power him up beyond 300% because...?
Because power cells can be overwhelmed when you put too much continuous power into something, especially billions of independent tiny machines. How were you unaware of this?

So Bleeding Edge would be designed to be LESS efficient than his armor from 6 years ago. makes sense.
How are you still illiterate after nearly 20 years of posting on a message board?

This is the stupidity we have to deal with when you respond:

"So a sandwich is similar to a phonebook because the moon has 4 arms if you draw them on a snapchat photo."

Stop being stupid and actually read the posts you're responding to.

If he goes Ragnarok mode, it will empower IM as he can absorb Thor's lightining.
Prove he can absorb all the lightning.

He can expell excess energy via his attacks. Period. anything past that is fanfiction from you.
Based on what? What specific scene are you referencing that proves Tony can expel all or even MOST of the energy as it's coming before the nanites are fried? Too much power at once causes electronics to stop operating correctly. At the scale Thor can deliver them, you need to prove he will just take the power in and immediately expel it.

OR

Wait for it...

You can acknowledge the reality of the question. I didn't say "Thor overloads him every time for an easy win!"

I named one scenario. ONE. SCENARIO.

I could easily see Tony absorbing the lightning and returning it as ANOTHER SCENARIO.

Stop being a contrarian over nothing.

Snake-eyes

• +13/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 08:38:59 PM »
It's amusing how Jelly refuses to back up his claim and then thinks he has the right to demand other people back up theirs.

Panthergod

• +40/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 08:40:13 PM »
Post-Ragnarok, I think if Thor gets him with lightning again, it would be poured on at a level that completely fried the nanites.

Because power cells can be overwhelmed when you put too much continuous power into something, especially billions of independent tiny machines. How were you unaware of this?

So Bleeding Edge would be designed to be LESS efficient than his armor from 6 years ago. makes sense.
How are you still illiterate after nearly 20 years of posting on a message board?

"So a sandwich is similar to a phonebook because the moon has 4 arms if you draw them on a snapchat photo."

If he goes Ragnarok mode, it will empower IM as he can absorb Thor's lightining.

He can expell excess energy via his attacks. Period. anything past that is fanfiction from you.
Based on what? What specific scene are you referencing that proves Tony can expel all or even MOST of the energy as it's coming before the nanites are fried? Too much power at once causes electronics to stop operating correctly. At the scale Thor can deliver them, you need to prove he will just take the power in and immediately expel it.

OR

Wait for it...

You can acknowledge the reality of the question. I didn't say "Thor overloads him every time for an easy win!"

I could easily see Tony absorbing the lightning and returning it as ANOTHER SCENARIO.

Noi
His ability to absorb and be empowered by Thor's lightining proves my argument..conclusively. Nothing you can claim on screen disputes my fact based argument.

Even in your desperate scenario not consistent with on screen showings, He can simply stop absorbing the energy when he reaches this imaginary limitation you fabricated and just tank it just fine, considering he withstood attacks from the near complete IG.

XerxesTWD

• +77/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 08:41:34 PM »

OR

Wait for it...

Even in your desperate scenario not consistent with on screen showings, He can simply stop absorbing the energy when he reaches this imaginary limitation you fabricated and just tank it just fine, considering he withstood attacks from the near complete IG.

If you had absolutely nothing to contribute that supported your assertion, you should have led with that. Everybody is used to you lying about comic book stuff. Lying about comic book movie stuff is a natural extension of your ever-growing list of personality flaws.

Panthergod

• +40/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 08:42:57 PM »

OR

Wait for it...

If you had absolutely nothing to contribute that supported your assertion, you should have led with that. Everybody is used to you lying about comic book stuff. Lying about comic book movie stuff is a natural extension of your personality flaws.

So still no support for your fanfiction limitations directly contradicted by the story and just lying about things never seen on screen? typical Xerxes.

XerxesTWD

• +77/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 08:47:01 PM »

OR

Wait for it...

If you had absolutely nothing to contribute that supported your assertion, you should have led with that. Everybody is used to you lying about comic book stuff. Lying about comic book movie stuff is a natural extension of your personality flaws.

So still no support for your fanfiction limitations directly contradicted by the story and just lying about things never seen on screen? typical Xerxes.
If you actually have specific evidence, this would be a good time to post it. Otherwise you're just pouting again.

Panthergod

• +40/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 08:52:02 PM »

OR

Wait for it...

If you actually have specific evidence, this would be a good time to post it. Otherwise you're just pouting again.

So according to you, IM's new armor is likely *inferior* in energy efficiency to his 2012 armor, despite demonstrating FAR greater relative power output than when his 2012 armor was powered up by a factor of 300% by Thor's lightning, just..because. Mind, ZERO indication of being overwhelmed by Thor's lighting was ever shown whatsoever in a far inferior armor, and he can withstand attacks from objects WELL above Mjolnir in his new armor.

Keep reaching, though. this is amusing.

XerxesTWD

• +77/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 08:56:43 PM »

OR

Wait for it...

So according to you, IM's new armor is likely *inferior* in energy efficiency to his 2012 armor, despite demonstrating FAR greater relative power output than when his 2012 armor was powered up by a factor of 300% by Thor's lightning, just..because. Mind, ZERO indication of being overwhelmed by Thor's lighting was ever shown whatsoever in a far inferior armor, and he can withstand attacks from objects WELL above Mjolnir in his new armor.

Keep reaching, though. this is amusing.
I forgive you for not having evidence to support your repeated assertion in spite of the multiple opportunities you've been provided. It's in your nature to fail. That's why you're making lazy strawman arguments to focus on. It's easier for you to pretend.

Panthergod

• +40/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 08:58:33 PM »
Prove that claim.

Because everything I stated has yet to be refuted in the least.

Your fabrications are still hilarious.

Prove your BS claim that Bleeding Edge armor<<2012 armor in efficiency. Now.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:07:17 PM by Panthergod »

Panthergod

• +40/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 09:04:34 PM »
Thor never overloaded IM via lightning, ever. any claim that he can do so is speculation at best a lie at worst.

You have to prove that desperate utter fabrication BEFORE I'd have to show what IM would do in a scenario which has zero precedent.

and also.. Uni-Beam.

XerxesTWD

• +77/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 09:08:49 PM »
Prove that claim.

I said:
"Post-Ragnarok, I think if Thor gets him with lightning again, it would be poured on at a level that completely fried the nanites."

You threw a Trumpian tantrum so I reminded you that is a single scenario on a board where we often come up with multiple scenarios for how the fight would go. I also acknowledged your scenario where Tony could absorb more lightning than before due to armor upgrades.

You threw another Trumpian tantrum and posted another interpretation of the words I actually posted. You said:
"So according to you, IM's new armor is likely *inferior* in energy efficiency to his 2012 armor, despite demonstrating FAR greater relative power output than when his 2012 armor was powered up by a factor of 300% by Thor's lightning, just..because. Mind, ZERO indication of being overwhelmed by Thor's lighting was ever shown whatsoever in a far inferior armor, and he can withstand attacks from objects WELL above Mjolnir in his new armor."

That's the definition of strawman. You have a tendency to do that because you have always been so bad at discussions, let alone debating. When you're ready to be an adult, ask your parents if you can go back to the library to use the internet and I'll walk you through how to read words and comprehend their meaning. When you get your child support check for May, you should go see Avengers: Infinity War and you might be able to wrap your head around the stuff we're discussing in here.

XerxesTWD

• +77/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 09:09:47 PM »
Speculation? On a superhero thread where we speculate on how superheroes would act in given situations and how they might handle various attacks?! Perish the thought!

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 09:15:21 PM »
So we assume his new armor can do something we never saw it do just because an old armor could? I see. Makes sense.

XerxesTWD

• +77/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 09:19:19 PM »
So we assume his new armor can do something we never saw it do just because an old armor could? I see. Makes sense.
You must have also seen Iron Man 3 and remembered he has different suits of armor with various strengths and weaknesses. It was kind of an underground movie, so that must be why only we remember it.

80sBaby

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 09:21:02 PM »
Thor wins. Hell, he doesn't need Mjolnir as Ragnarock showed he's more powerful than it. He was able to destroy the Bifrost in a single lightning strike, unlike in the first film where it took several blows with Mjolnir.

And Tony isn't absorbing a lightning blast like the one that hit Hela. Especially repeated ones.