Herochat

Luke Cage season 2 trailer

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Cage season 2 trailer
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 02:00:13 PM »
Defenders was decent. I just wish they had a bigger budget.

What did you hope a bigger budget would've achieved?

Better settings more over the top fights.

I really liked the fights.  I thought it consistently had the best action sequences after Daredevil.

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 02:34:30 PM »
These Netflix shows have been too bad for too long (Punisher aside). I can't even get excited for them anymore because I just assume they will blow.

Same. Looking back, the only one I thought was really good was DD 1. The rest would be considered average shows if they weren’t comic book related.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

NeoGreenLantern

• +91/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2018, 02:50:20 PM »
Defenders was decent. I just wish they had a bigger budget.

What did you hope a bigger budget would've achieved?

Better settings more over the top fights.

I really liked the fights.  I thought it consistently had the best action sequences after Daredevil.

They we're good but I wanted them to go balls out. Like them fighting there way out of the office building should have been a full episode. Like a mini Raid: The Redemption.

Whiskeyclone

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
I still need to watch JJ 2, I haven't followed what people were saying about it. Season 1 was far (FAR) and away my favorite Marvel Netflix, so I'd be bummed if it sucks.

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 04:47:21 PM »
I actually consider Jessica Jones the weakest of the bunch.  A lot of nothing happens in the series.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 04:48:34 PM »
I actually consider Jessica Jones the weakest of the bunch.  A lot of nothing happens in the series.

lmaooo That's laughable.

Not BAMF

• +21/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2018, 04:49:32 PM »

Yeah, but

I honestly don't get the hate for Defenders.  It was one of my favorites.

So I'm not sure this is quite the topic for you. :)
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/10/16/show-10-16-18-zach-asks/ (We try out a new challenge to see who can solve some comics scenarios! After that, our rookie fan asks his most recent comic questions)

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 04:51:57 PM »
You can easily edit the first or second season of Jessica Jones and get a decent two hour movie out it.  The first season had 4-5 episodes in a row where they captured Killgrave, only for someone to do something stupid, and let him go.  All of that could have been cut out.  What else was important?  Hogarth's divorce?  The annoying girl upstairs searching for her brother who we all know is dead?  The second season has a lot of the same problem but without Killgrave, so its weaknesses are more pronounced.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 05:06:51 PM »
You can easily edit the first or second season of Jessica Jones and get a decent two hour movie out it.  The first season had 4-5 episodes in a row where they captured Killgrave, only for someone to do something stupid, and let him go.  All of that could have been cut out.  What else was important?  Hogarth's divorce?  The annoying girl upstairs searching for her brother who we all know is dead?  The second season has a lot of the same problem but without Killgrave, so its weaknesses are more pronounced.

So you're whining about plot contrivances in what was clearly a psychological character study? ok.

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2018, 06:32:52 PM »

So you're whining about plot contrivances in what was clearly a psychological character study? ok.

So you're saying psychological character studies should not be interesting?  ok.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 06:35:17 PM »

So you're saying psychological character studies should not be interesting?  ok.

You're free to believe that women dealing with the fallout of sexual assault is not intetrsting, sure.

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 06:38:52 PM »
You're free to believe that women dealing with the fallout of sexual assault is not intetrsting, sure.

At no point did I say that, but yeah, keep strawmanning. 

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2018, 07:14:26 PM »

At no point did I say that, but yeah, keep strawmanning. 
Of course you did, even if you couldn't grasp the theme of that show.

NeoGreenLantern

• +91/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2018, 10:44:39 PM »
It's funny how I disagree with AP but feel more inclined to take his side here because of Jelly's inability to understand words.

AP

• +111/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2018, 11:06:50 PM »
It's funny how I disagree with AP but feel more inclined to take his side here because of Jelly's inability to understand words.

He has that effect on people.

I do like Jessica Jones, mind you.  But I do have issues with the show.