Infinity War Spoiler Thread

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +5/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity War Spoiler Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2018, 05:29:11 PM »
Mark Ruffalo was fucking annoying. He almost ruined the most badass moment in the movie. When Thor, Rocket and Groot touched down in Wakanda. When he yelled "You guys are so screwed now!" I genuinely prayed for his death irl.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2018, 05:33:43 PM »
one thing I was wondering....when did Heimdall learn to just spam out Bifrost to send the Hulk to earth?

I'd always assumed they needed the 'bridge/machine'.

It's a bit of a retcon (or further elaboration at least), but I think the idea is that strong enough weapons can summon the bifrost and the machine amplifies it to allow for more people to travel.  This kinda works with continuity since we see Odin using Gungnir to power the machine in Thor 1.  If Asgard was still around Thor could probably operate the bifrost machine with Stormbreaker now.

XerxesTWD

• +85/-24
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2018, 05:42:54 PM »

80sBaby

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2018, 06:04:29 PM »
one thing I was wondering....when did Heimdall learn to just spam out Bifrost to send the Hulk to earth?

It's a bit of a retcon (or further elaboration at least), but I think the idea is that strong enough weapons can summon the bifrost and the machine amplifies it to allow for more people to travel.  This kinda works with continuity since we see Odin using Gungnir to power the machine in Thor 1.  If Asgard was still around Thor could probably operate the bifrost machine with Stormbreaker now.

Not a retcon. Heimdall refers to using dark matter to summon the Bifrost and send Hulk to Earth. Odin did the same thing in the first Avengers since the Bifrost was destroyed. Stormbreaker likely harnesses the same energy.

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2018, 06:21:46 PM »
Mark Ruffalo was fucking annoying. He almost ruined the most badass moment in the movie. When Thor, Rocket and Groot touched down in Wakanda. When he yelled "You guys are so screwed now!" I genuinely prayed for his death irl.

Really? I loved that.
Truten forever!

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2018, 06:22:24 PM »

Not a retcon. Heimdall refers to using dark matter to summon the Bifrost and send Hulk to Earth. Odin did the same thing in the first Avengers since the Bifrost was destroyed. Stormbreaker likely harnesses the same energy.

Yup.  He also seemed to be praying to Odin while doing it, so he might've had some help from Valhalla (or wherever Odin's spirit is).

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2018, 06:30:54 PM »

He channeled Nicholas Cage.

80sBaby

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2018, 06:31:25 PM »

Really? I loved that.

Both times I saw it, my theatre liked it too. Probably because we all felt the same as Banner lol

"Bring me Thanos!!" was probably the best entrance in a CBM ever. I think it tops Hulk's at the end of the first Avengers film.

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2018, 06:35:53 PM »

Really? I loved that.

Both times I saw it, my theatre liked it too. Probably because we all felt the same as Banner lol

"Bring me Thanos!!" was probably the best entrance in a CBM ever. I think it tops Hulk's at the end of the first Avengers film.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a meme.

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2018, 06:39:51 PM »
Yeah I really liked that scene too

Master

• +41/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2018, 06:59:30 PM »
It was a great scene because we know how powerful Thanos is, and Thor straight up doesn’t give a shit.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

80sBaby

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2018, 07:16:53 AM »
I also like that shen he does see Thanos, he goes straight for the kill shot. Doesn't even play around and then pushes the axe head in deeper.

Funny how everyone loves Thor now.

Rage.Of.Olympus

• +9/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2018, 11:34:34 AM »
After Ragnarok and IW, Thor is definitely a lot more popular imo. He lost everything, and everyone in the span of a week, and is still giving Etri speeches about hope, doesn't hesitate and always keeps moving forward.

Everyone cheered when he arrived. This movie made the Big 3 (Steve, Cap and Thor) really stand out as to why they were unique.

AP

• +93/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2018, 11:58:29 AM »
I also like that shen he does see Thanos, he goes straight for the kill shot. Doesn't even play around and then pushes the axe head in deeper.

Funny how everyone loves Thor now.

I've always really liked him.  He and Cap are my favorite movie Avengers.  I remember people really loving the first Thor movie but for some reason, once Dark World came out, they started hating both.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »
I remember people really loving the first Thor movie but for some reason, once Dark World came out, they started hating both.

Yeah, this was a strange about face from fandom that I noticed as well.