Herochat

Infinity War Spoiler Thread

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity War Spoiler Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 04:16:02 AM »
I could've given him the benefit of the doubt for not killing Gamora like she asked

Well, he DID pull the trigger on Gamora, Thanos just used the Reality Gem Stone to change the blast into bubbles. Even if he had fired the instant he realized she wanted him to, I don't think Thanos would have let him.
Truten forever!

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2018, 04:51:08 AM »
So is the Thanos vs everyone on Titan scene now the best comic movie fight scene ever? Got to be right up there.

Absolutely.

Also Star Lord is an idiot and directly at fault for the deaths of half of the universe. And as he's now dead it's unlikely he'll play any role in setting that right so not too great a portrayal for him.

That was cringeworthy and kind of took me out of it that he would be so dumb when Stark and Spider-Man were literally sliding the gauntlet off Thanos' hand.

Honestly it was taking them waaay to long to get the gauntlet off.  BTW may fav scene is Thor showing up with Stormbreaker in Wakanda with Rocket on his shoulder to wreck shit.

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2018, 04:58:41 AM »
Bucky-Rocket Copter was good too.

pittfox

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2018, 05:15:55 AM »
 Movie was Fucking awesome.

80sBaby

• +31/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2018, 06:02:44 AM »
So is the Thanos vs everyone on Titan scene now the best comic movie fight scene ever? Got to be right up there.

I still like the CW airport fight better but, yeah, this one is definitely in the Top 5.

My audience cheered when Thor showed up. Should've played Immigrant Song to make it perfect.

And I hate that they basically undid a lot of things from Ragnarock, like his missing eye and not needing a hammer.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2018, 10:00:05 AM »
He needed a weapon powerful enough to take down Thanos.  I don't see that undoing the not needing the hammer to access powers he already had.

Thorne

• +29/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2018, 10:20:22 AM »
So I guess the Defenders won't be showing up until the next one? Not that they could do much.

80sBaby

• +31/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2018, 10:54:15 AM »
He needed a weapon powerful enough to take down Thanos.  I don't see that undoing the not needing the hammer to access powers he already had.

Well not just that but also losing his eye and Asgadians being wiped out (though I'm thinking maybe half survived??)

Insane Titan

• +6/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2018, 11:18:09 AM »
Bucky-Rocket Copter was good too.
Yeah they was amazing and funny at the same time.

Anybody else notice how Drax could  turn invisible!

Strange

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »
So, where does the forge feat for Thor rank? The forge itself was huge and have we seen anyone take that kind of blast before in the movies?

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »
So, where does the forge feat for Thor rank? The forge itself was huge and have we seen anyone take that kind of blast before in the movies?

A concentrated dose of "the full force of a star" for a few minutes? Easily the best durability feat amongst movie characters. Can't think of anything that comes close really.

Cheers.

Fifthchild

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2018, 12:19:14 PM »
I still like the CW airport fight better but, yeah, this one is definitely in the Top 5.

Same - for whatever reason the Titan battle didnt particularly stand out for me except for a couple of bits of Strange vs Thanos.

My audience cheered when Thor showed up. Should've played Immigrant Song to make it perfect.

And I hate that they basically undid a lot of things from Ragnarock, like his missing eye and not needing a hammer.

Yeah - i didnt love Ragnarok and I think Thor is a better character with a hammer but there is a bad habit of having solo movies like Iron Man 3/Rangnarok that sort of establish/change a bunch of things that are almost instantly walked back or ignored in subsequent films.

Fifthchild

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2018, 12:31:03 PM »
Yeah it was insanely dense but I felt like it worked well as it has been earned at this point. I thought it was right up there with the very best Marvel films (although obviously extremely different from something like Winter Soldier). Off-hand I'm struggling to think of many/any other films that can match it in terms of ambition and scope (although those aren't necessarily indicative of quality, it's something pretty exciting to see on-screen).

Everyone had some cool moments, even Hulk's beat-down was preceded by a cool entrance and it's at least mitigated by Thanos having the Power Gem (Loki seemed to think Hulk was a threat to Thanos and he has experience with both). Stark's new armour and Thor get most of the stand-outs I would say but Cap's entrance was very enjoyable.

Its kind of funny that Iron Man's suit seemed way more durable than the Hulkbuster armor which, without all the replacement parts, didnt seem particularyly impressive.

Thor's battle board shit is insane, the sun thing was the icing on the cake but Thanos with the full gauntlet suggests that he could have been one-shot killed by his new hammer/axe had it hit him in the head rather than the torso (the thrown hammer also flat overpowers a direct concentrated blast from the full gauntlet on it's way to impaling Thanos).

Really expected Stark to buy it and genuinely did a little gasp when Thanos stabs him even though I expected him to die there, if/when he does die it will feel like the end of a very special era in many ways.

Still don't like ninja whip Dr Strange but he does a few more exotic things vs Thanos at least. And he uses the time gem to view millions of possible alternate futures and seems to have set the ball rolling down the direction of the one single future in which Thanos loses by handing over the time gem in exchange for Stark's life.

Yeah I imagine it will be revealed that in the one timeline where they won that Stark was alive/played a key role. Which would fit in well with sending the character off.

OTOH the second movie could be called "Avengers: Arrow Quest" and could be the Hawkeye solo movie we've been smashing for where Clint acquires the Infinity Arrow and uses it to bring everyone back to life.

The ending was great. Probably expected it to end with Thanos triumphant to set up the last Avengers but it's still a pretty bold decision to end with such a big villain win. I imagine some parents taking their kids probably weren't expecting the movie to end with loads of major characters dying in anguish, Spider-Man whimpering that he doesn't want to die as he melts away into ash etc. If you weren't a comic nerd and weren't familiar with the Infinity Gauntlet storyline etc I imagine it's quite a shocking finale.

Yeah i had my issues with stuff but the ending was really strong and still sticks in my head. And Spiderman's death was the most impactful given that Stark has been a kind of father figure/had been doing his best to keep him away from danger.

Not BAMF

• +19/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2018, 12:37:53 PM »
If anyone's interested, here's my podcast talking about IW:

https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/04/27/bonus-show-4-27-18-infinity-war-spoilers/
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/08/14/show-8-14-18-sweethearty-summer/ (Guest starring our wives to talk about Luke Cage S2 and The Long Halloween!)

80sBaby

• +31/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2018, 01:34:42 PM »
They were wrong as hell for dragging out Spidey's death. Everyone was gone in a few seconds but the kid got to monologue lol