Herochat

Infinity War Spoiler Thread

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity War Spoiler Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2018, 05:46:25 PM »
Nononono. That won't work either. Let me go create an apology thread so you can apologize to me.

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2018, 08:53:46 PM »
Not enough MS Paint snark in here.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

NeoGreenLantern

• +90/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2018, 11:57:06 PM »

Sick Nick

• +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2018, 12:54:11 PM »
Late response but I’m a dad with few pennies to put together, sue me. I haven’t seen Ragnarok or the Star Wars spy movie.

I LOVED this. OK, it wasn’t flawless and Cap in particular didn’t get enough lines, although he played an important part nonetheless. It had a gigantic cast though and some characters had to take a step back.

The action was fucking awesome and it’s the most battleboard pleasing Marvel movie I’ve seen so far. Thor was staggering, not just the star feat ( which matches anything Superman’s ever done onscreen) but cutting through Thanos’ blast, the huge lightning strike and swinging Rocket’s capsule into the air. The comedy was great especially the Thor/ GOTG intro scene. The reaction to ‘I Am Groot’ was the funniest bit in the film.

Thanos and Gamira’s scenes were beautifully written and superbly performed, and Brolin did a staggering job all round. He really WAS Thanos onscreen and his look showed what a shitty job the X-Men film makers did on Apocalypse a few years back.

I’ve missed a few MCU movies, particularly recently but this was the best all-round Marvel movie I’ve seen so far, not just MCU. It’s amazing to me that I’ve seen articles written saying ‘ehhhh, it’s good but it’s not even a top 5 MCU movie’.
Hyrkanian Badass

Beats camel punching, eh, Conan?

Sick Nick

• +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2018, 12:54:50 PM »
Late response but I’m a dad with few pennies to put together, sue me. I haven’t seen Ragnarok or the Star Wars spy movie yet.

I LOVED this. OK, it wasn’t flawless and Cap in particular didn’t get enough lines, although he played an important part nonetheless. It had a gigantic cast though and some characters had to take a step back.

The action was fucking awesome and it’s the most battleboard pleasing Marvel movie I’ve seen so far. Thor was staggering, not just the star feat ( which matches anything Superman’s ever done onscreen) but cutting through Thanos’ blast, the huge lightning strike and swinging Rocket’s capsule into the air. The comedy was great especially the Thor/ GOTG intro scene. The reaction to ‘I Am Groot’ was the funniest bit in the film.

Thanos and Gamira’s scenes were beautifully written and superbly performed, and Brolin did a staggering job all round. He really WAS Thanos onscreen and his look showed what a shitty job the X-Men film makers did on Apocalypse a few years back.

I’ve missed a few MCU movies, particularly recently but this was the best all-round Marvel movie I’ve seen so far, not just MCU. It’s amazing to me that I’ve seen articles written saying ‘ehhhh, it’s good but it’s not even a top 5 MCU movie’.
Hyrkanian Badass

XerxesTWD

• +97/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 17, 2018, 01:03:21 PM »
You really need to see Ragnarok.

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2018, 01:47:08 PM »

Oh yeah, Ragnork is great and will make you appreciate Thor’s journey in Infinity War more. Go rent it or buy it.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 17, 2018, 02:21:32 PM »

Sick Nick

• +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 17, 2018, 02:34:39 PM »

Yeah, I’m getting that.

I didn’t particularly rate Thor 1 or 2 and wasn’t sold by Hemsworth the way everyone else was ... but he fucking NAILED the role in Infinity War.
Hyrkanian Badass

XerxesTWD

• +97/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2018, 02:40:34 PM »
You didn't like Hemsworth as Thor? WTF?

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2018, 04:19:37 PM »
Yea double that and see Ragnorak

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2018, 08:21:38 PM »

Yeah, I’m getting that.

I didn’t particularly rate Thor 1 or 2 and wasn’t sold by Hemsworth the way everyone else was ... but he fucking NAILED the role in Infinity War.

Then you'll like Ragnarok. The Thor/Rocket/Groot - Meatloaf Album adventure, in tone, is the entirety of Ragnarok. With a hot villainess and a metal Hulk.

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 08, 2018, 01:57:50 AM »
I finally watched Ragnarok, DP2, and Infinity War last weekend. I'll just give my thoughts here since they're brief and I'm too lazy to rez three different threads

DP2: I got a half-chub when Black Tom was introduced and there were hushed rumors of a "monster" in the basement because I was really hoping that they wouldn't just get my Juggy hopes up as a cruel joke, and then I literally jizzed when Juggernaut actually made his appearance. 9/10 overall.

Ragnarok: having not watched either of the other Thor films, Ragnarok might honestly be my favorite MCU film. Period. Literally perfect blend of big hero moments, action and comedy. Korg is the goddamn MCU MVP. 10/10.

Infinity War: I was glad I didn't have to put up with much of Cap's annoying Lawful Good bullshit this time around. Other than that, Brolin did a fantastic job which isn't surprising given the fact that he's a fantastic actor (and imo probably the best pure actor in the MCU unless I'm forgetting someone), Stark was great as always, Strange doing the Kali Maa shit when he cast Mirror Image is one of my top two favorite visuals in a comic movie (along with the Enchantress ectoplasm shit flipping June's hand signaling her transformation in Suicide Squad), Thor was perfect but I hate that they gave him a new eye, Stormbreaker was perfect, Starlord still sucks and I don't understand the overbearing amounts of praise we nerds heap upon GotG, Cap still sucks dick, Vision was great as always and I kind of hope they give him the Adam Warlock role instead of introducing the real Warlock, Cap sucks dick, I'm really looking forward to the Hulk's moment of redemption, and Cap still sucks dick. 8/10
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 08, 2018, 02:00:23 AM »
Also, did any of my fellow Wildstorm idiots see Strange turning the glass shards into butterflies as a nod to the Authority's Doctor at all, or am I reading way too much into it?

Probably the latter.
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

AP

• +110/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 08, 2018, 06:16:20 AM »
I finally watched Ragnarok, DP2, and Infinity War last weekend. I'll just give my thoughts here since they're brief and I'm too lazy to rez three different threads

DP2: I got a half-chub when Black Tom was introduced and there were hushed rumors of a "monster" in the basement because I was really hoping that they wouldn't just get my Juggy hopes up as a cruel joke, and then I literally jizzed when Juggernaut actually made his appearance. 9/10 overall.

Ragnarok: having not watched either of the other Thor films, Ragnarok might honestly be my favorite MCU film. Period. Literally perfect blend of big hero moments, action and comedy. Korg is the goddamn MCU MVP. 10/10.

Infinity War: I was glad I didn't have to put up with much of Cap's annoying Lawful Good bullshit this time around. Other than that, Brolin did a fantastic job which isn't surprising given the fact that he's a fantastic actor (and imo probably the best pure actor in the MCU unless I'm forgetting someone), Stark was great as always, Strange doing the Kali Maa shit when he cast Mirror Image is one of my top two favorite visuals in a comic movie (along with the Enchantress ectoplasm shit flipping June's hand signaling her transformation in Suicide Squad), Thor was perfect but I hate that they gave him a new eye, Stormbreaker was perfect, Starlord still sucks and I don't understand the overbearing amounts of praise we nerds heap upon GotG, Cap still sucks dick, Vision was great as always and I kind of hope they give him the Adam Warlock role instead of introducing the real Warlock, Cap sucks dick, I'm really looking forward to the Hulk's moment of redemption, and Cap still sucks dick. 8/10

You should watch the first Thor.  It’s underrated.