Herochat

Infinity War Spoiler Thread

NeoGreenLantern

• +83/-19
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity War Spoiler Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2018, 05:46:25 PM »
Nononono. That won't work either. Let me go create an apology thread so you can apologize to me.

Master

• +40/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2018, 08:53:46 PM »
Not enough MS Paint snark in here.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

NeoGreenLantern

• +83/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2018, 11:57:06 PM »

Sick Nick

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2018, 12:54:11 PM »
Late response but I’m a dad with few pennies to put together, sue me. I haven’t seen Ragnarok or the Star Wars spy movie.

I LOVED this. OK, it wasn’t flawless and Cap in particular didn’t get enough lines, although he played an important part nonetheless. It had a gigantic cast though and some characters had to take a step back.

The action was fucking awesome and it’s the most battleboard pleasing Marvel movie I’ve seen so far. Thor was staggering, not just the star feat ( which matches anything Superman’s ever done onscreen) but cutting through Thanos’ blast, the huge lightning strike and swinging Rocket’s capsule into the air. The comedy was great especially the Thor/ GOTG intro scene. The reaction to ‘I Am Groot’ was the funniest bit in the film.

Thanos and Gamira’s scenes were beautifully written and superbly performed, and Brolin did a staggering job all round. He really WAS Thanos onscreen and his look showed what a shitty job the X-Men film makers did on Apocalypse a few years back.

I’ve missed a few MCU movies, particularly recently but this was the best all-round Marvel movie I’ve seen so far, not just MCU. It’s amazing to me that I’ve seen articles written saying ‘ehhhh, it’s good but it’s not even a top 5 MCU movie’.

Sick Nick

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2018, 12:54:50 PM »
Late response but I’m a dad with few pennies to put together, sue me. I haven’t seen Ragnarok or the Star Wars spy movie yet.

I LOVED this. OK, it wasn’t flawless and Cap in particular didn’t get enough lines, although he played an important part nonetheless. It had a gigantic cast though and some characters had to take a step back.

The action was fucking awesome and it’s the most battleboard pleasing Marvel movie I’ve seen so far. Thor was staggering, not just the star feat ( which matches anything Superman’s ever done onscreen) but cutting through Thanos’ blast, the huge lightning strike and swinging Rocket’s capsule into the air. The comedy was great especially the Thor/ GOTG intro scene. The reaction to ‘I Am Groot’ was the funniest bit in the film.

Thanos and Gamira’s scenes were beautifully written and superbly performed, and Brolin did a staggering job all round. He really WAS Thanos onscreen and his look showed what a shitty job the X-Men film makers did on Apocalypse a few years back.

I’ve missed a few MCU movies, particularly recently but this was the best all-round Marvel movie I’ve seen so far, not just MCU. It’s amazing to me that I’ve seen articles written saying ‘ehhhh, it’s good but it’s not even a top 5 MCU movie’.

XerxesTWD

• +74/-22
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 17, 2018, 01:03:21 PM »
You really need to see Ragnarok.

Master

• +40/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2018, 01:47:08 PM »

Oh yeah, Ragnork is great and will make you appreciate Thor’s journey in Infinity War more. Go rent it or buy it.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 17, 2018, 02:21:32 PM »

Sick Nick

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 17, 2018, 02:34:39 PM »

Yeah, I’m getting that.

I didn’t particularly rate Thor 1 or 2 and wasn’t sold by Hemsworth the way everyone else was ... but he fucking NAILED the role in Infinity War.

XerxesTWD

• +74/-22
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 17, 2018, 02:40:34 PM »
You didn't like Hemsworth as Thor? WTF?

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2018, 04:19:37 PM »
Yea double that and see Ragnorak

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2018, 08:21:38 PM »

Yeah, I’m getting that.

I didn’t particularly rate Thor 1 or 2 and wasn’t sold by Hemsworth the way everyone else was ... but he fucking NAILED the role in Infinity War.

Then you'll like Ragnarok. The Thor/Rocket/Groot - Meatloaf Album adventure, in tone, is the entirety of Ragnarok. With a hot villainess and a metal Hulk.