Herochat

Infinity War Spoiler Thread

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity War Spoiler Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 11:44:36 PM »

I'm a little disappointed by The Hulk not showing up at the end though.

Same. Hulk busting out of the armor would have been a cool visual. Hulk fans are probably disappointed with this movie, but I’m certain it set the stage for some huge hulk moment in the next one when he finally transforms again.

80sBaby

• +34/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 12:05:41 AM »
I'm a little disappointed by The Hulk not showing up at the end though. And the fact Tony and Cap never get a reunion.

That's how I knew it was a 2 parter. They'll reunite in 4.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 12:31:41 AM »
Anyone who was unhappy with the Dr. Strange fights from the first movie should be pretty happy with the Thanos vs Strange fight too.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 12:40:25 AM »
Anyone who was unhappy with the Dr. Strange fights from the first movie should be pretty happy with the Thanos vs Strange fight too.

Agreed, I know I was. As I was watching the beginning of the movie I was concerned they were making him too weak, boy was I wrong. He’s awesome in this movie.

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 12:43:56 AM »
Strange's fight with Thanks reminded me a lot of his fight with Adam Warlock when Warlock had the gauntlet.

80sBaby

• +34/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 12:53:54 AM »
Also like that it's Strange's gambit that will ultimately beat Thanos. I'm thinking he put a timed spell in the Time Stone to go off at a predetermined moment.

Shuri embarrassing Banner (and Stark, by proxy) was funny.

And they actually did the Rocket/Bucky meme about the arm. It was great!

Oh and the Red Skull appearance is probably the most fan service thing the MCU has ever done!

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 01:07:40 AM »
Movie was everything it needed to be and should have been. It was glorious.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/12/04/show-12-4-18-animated-feature/ (The Top Ten cartoons based on comic book characters!)

Thanos6

• +21/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2018, 01:10:21 AM »
Oh and the Red Skull appearance is probably the most fan service thing the MCU has ever done!

My entire theater gasped when he revealed himself.
Truten forever!

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 01:14:08 AM »
Also like that it's Strange's gambit that will ultimately beat Thanos. I'm thinking he put a timed spell in the Time Stone to go off at a predetermined moment.

I think you’re right, Strange definitely has a plan at least. As you can probably tell from my posts, I really enjoyed his portrayal in this one both character and power-wise.  Him sitting waiting for Thanos and telling Thanos he might not be too happy he found a master of the mystic arts was well done.

Bandido

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 01:29:27 AM »
Just Got Back Review:

Thanos' movie with him as the protagonist was done well and I think one's liking it is dependent on much a comic loyalist they are. He's not the death loving douche we've come to know that Starlin wrote. The scene with him killing Gamora was emotively the most powerful scene in the movie even if it settles on the side of unearned. This is very a much a Part I, no matter what the Russo's say.

Thor - Everything good about this movie, well not everything, but Hemsworth is able to transition between dramatic and brooding to rockstar and that's a credit to his acting and the writing. He was blessed by the ICT movie in this film. "BRING ME THANOS!" The Thor team with Rocket and Groot was also a better movie in a movie. Groot actually trying to relate to Thor was oddly touching and the Peter Dinklage cameo /star-forge shennanigans was great visually!

Starlord - For once Iron-Man isn't the emotional weaklink, it's Peter. Way to drop the ball kiddo, TWICE.

Dr. Strange - I wasn't a huge fan of the the namesake film, but I thought Cumberbatch killed it here. Charming and commanding, but also witty on Stark's level. I still feel they wrote his character initially as too powerful, because he could just go back and stop Thanos' attack on Xandar, or even him being born. It wouldn't take much for a one off line about their being a limit on how far back you can use the Stone to go.

Spiderman -  Holland is Spiderman, even if the, "Mr. Stark, Mr. Stark, Mr. St-" is getting old.

Mr. Stark - Honestly shocked this is the first time I liked Tony's character since the first Avenger's. He balanced his normal, snarky dry wit, with a heartfelt turn and he played every scene like it was the end, so he didn't blink or over use his pop culture wit.

The Black Order - Kinda chumps, but their deaths were fun.

Cap's team and the Wakanda stuff felt really rushed and cobbled. The last we saw Cap he's was still willing to there to save the world, we saw him with a smile on his face. Here, he was doing his best impression of DC movies - No character and grim. The Wakanda scenes weren't totally necesary for the scale. I would rather a longer Titan fight with all the Avengers (New and OG) reuniting with the Guardians.

Lang and Hawleye - Not being called in because... family? Saddle up, this isn't a normal show.

Hulk - Yeah he got chumped. Out of all the short straws to draw, he got the, "Let's establish Thanos by having him beat the Previous Big Gun", straw.  - Hope in Part II, it's worth them making a joke out of his non-appearence in. I don't need to seen him defeat Thanos, but I'd like to see him take a piece out, something with a personal edge, too.

So Fury is "beeping" Carol? I'll be interested to see what she brings to the table, from a story point of view. And for that matter, what the play is - find Thanos, dismantle the Gauntlet, reset the "Snap", wha-la?

Random other thoughts: It's interesting to me that Thanos with the gems still seems very mortal. I supposed from a writing perspective you have to do that. But he isn't omniscient. And there seems to be greater forces at work in the universe than him, rules he still must abide by - like in obtaining the Soul-Gem.

Red Skull cameo - wut? lol

TURBODERP

• +2/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2018, 01:58:53 AM »
The Infinity Stones are very, very nerfed (and possibly ruined post snap?) and that's a good thing. For one, it'd go against the previous depiction in the films so far, and it'd also kinda ruin this movie if Thanos could have done "Thanos Quest-lite" and just crushed everyone with one stone and min-maxing it's abilities.

Mind you, having an explicit limit on the time stone would be nice.

Thor's star feat is cool but it's pretty....well, it's not a real star and it's only a portion of the energy (the beam goes on and hits the forge and it's not frying everyone around it). Still, really cool and GODDAMN STORMBREAKER is amazing.

Also agree on the Thanos/Gamora scene being emotional but not quite earned-still solid.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 02:27:57 AM »

Thor's star feat is cool but it's pretty....well, it's not a real star and it's only a portion of the energy (the beam goes on and hits the forge and it's not frying everyone around it). Still, really cool and GODDAMN STORMBREAKER is amazing.

I think you're letting a real world scientific analysis take away from the intent of the scene.  The dwarf says very clearly he's taking the "full force of a star", and the things around it don't fry because they're in a magic/supertech forge designed to utilize the star to make weapons.  It hits Thor and not the rest because the forge is channeling it at him.

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 02:37:20 AM »
So is the Thanos vs everyone on Titan scene now the best comic movie fight scene ever? Got to be right up there.

Also Star Lord is an idiot and directly at fault for the deaths of half of the universe. And as he's now dead it's unlikely he'll play any role in setting that right so not too great a portrayal for him.

Cheers.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 02:44:40 AM »
So is the Thanos vs everyone on Titan scene now the best comic movie fight scene ever? Got to be right up there.

Absolutely.

Also Star Lord is an idiot and directly at fault for the deaths of half of the universe. And as he's now dead it's unlikely he'll play any role in setting that right so not too great a portrayal for him.

That was cringeworthy and kind of took me out of it that he would be so dumb when Stark and Spider-Man were literally sliding the gauntlet off Thanos' hand. 

Bandido

• +10/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 04:11:57 AM »
I could've given him the benefit of the doubt for not killing Gamora like she asked, should Thsnos capture her, but the Gauntlet moment, was cringeworthy.