Herochat

Lucha Underground thoughts

Wyntyr

• +110/-83
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
Lucha Underground thoughts
« on: April 23, 2018, 04:17:33 PM »
I know we have a couple other LU threads, but I don't really care. At least Riv will have another place to say "I don't watch it, and here's 27 posts saying so".

I watched the first 15 episodes or so when they came out but I fell way behind, so I started binging last week and I'm halfway through season two. So no spoilers beyond that, please.

1. I know I'm the only one, but I loved Vampiro when he wrestled. I loved him as an announcer at first. But HOLY FUCK he gets real annoying, real quick. Between "let's move the ring out of the way so they can fight", "like a freight train hitting a Volkswagen, brother", "I'm sorry, it is what it is", and "correcting" Matt Striker (arguably the best play by play guy in the business) I just want to punch him in the fucking head. He just says stuff that makes literally no sense in context.

2. LU has introduced me to my new favorite wrestlers. Texano, Drago, and motherfucking PENTAGON.

3. Catrina is so ridiculously hot. Like holy shit. I know I have a thing for "dark", crazy Latina chicks anyway, but daaaamn. Melissa Santos is smoking hot. Evilisse just might have the best legs/booty combo. The least sexy chick in the company is ironically the one with sexy in her name.

4. Dario Cueto is one of the worst actors in wrestling history. Period. But he's still fun to watch.

5. Mil Muertes is ridiculous. So fucking badass. I didn't really dig him in the first season, but these hoss wars with Matanza have really won me over.
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

Not BAMF

• +19/-13
    • View Profile
Re: Lucha Underground thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 04:47:26 PM »
Isn't LU on Netflix now? Is that how you are binging?

I have watched LU sporadically, but not having cable had made it hard to watch regularly. Which is a shame because there are so many dudes there I dig (Matanza, Johnny Mundo, Prince Puma, Son of Havoc).
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/08/14/show-8-14-18-sweethearty-summer/ (Guest starring our wives to talk about Luke Cage S2 and The Long Halloween!)

Wyntyr

• +110/-83
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 04:49:22 PM »
Yup its on Netflix

HalloweenJack

• +31/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 04:52:59 PM »
been on there a year

but yeah its a good promotion. took me a while to kinda get on board with the backstage stuff though, but then I realized we're not really seeing those things like say we do on RAW or Smackdown. It's just what's happening.

Wyntyr

• +110/-83
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 05:02:43 PM »
Yeah it's kind of difficult at first to get used to, because it's filmed like an actual TV show instead of what we're used to

Wyntyr

• +110/-83
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 06:57:13 PM »
Latest Vampiro-ism: "You got two guys in there that are each 300 pounds, that's 500 pounds of beef slamming around"

Wyntyr

• +110/-83
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 10:53:19 PM »
Hahaha Pentagon just told Felix to "Go fuck your fucking mother, fucker!". They're brothers irl lol

Propeus The Fallen

• +30/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 12:25:17 PM »
Yeah, Vamp can be...different. But it is nice hearing a commentator who is just enjoying the hell out of what he is watching. And you're not the only one who liked Vamp as a wrestler. He was entertaining. One of the few good things I can remember about WCW before it went under.

Dario is awesome. I just love his "Eh, if it hurts more people, sure, why not?" And the guy does have depth to him. He does genuinely care for Mantaza and he helped Sexy Star get over her trauma because he can relate; and she's one of the people he wanted beat out of his temple.

Oh, and you should look up the Lucha Underground comics to fill in the blanks between seasons one and two.

Wyntyr

• +110/-83
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 02:18:53 PM »
I liked when Dario was standing outside Matanza's cage telling him how much he means to him,  and then he's like "And what do we do with our valuables? We lock them up". Definitely a Cueto-ism, but I dig what he's getting at

Wyntyr

• +110/-83
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 11:34:01 PM »
Man the resemblance between Vampiro and Uncle Fester is uncanny at times. That dude went downhill quick

Wyntyr

• +110/-83
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 11:36:49 PM »
3rd season isn't on Netflix yet? WHAT IS THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT

Propeus The Fallen

• +30/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 01:34:53 AM »
I liked when Dario was standing outside Matanza's cage telling him how much he means to him,  and then he's like "And what do we do with our valuables? We lock them up". Definitely a Cueto-ism, but I dig what he's getting at

One of my favorite Dario moments is when he's going over his childhood with that hero killing bitch Black Lotus (while Mantanza is killing innocent people in the storage buidling behind them) and he talks about how his mother beat him and his brother killed her to protect him. Lotus tries to sympathize with him.

"I'm not sorry. That's the moment when I learned I loved violence."

And season three--yeah, while not the strongest season, it probably has the best match in the promotion. As close to a death match as you will see in American professional wrestling.