Herochat

Most satisfying villain defeats/deaths

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
Most satisfying villain defeats/deaths
« on: April 19, 2018, 11:28:49 AM »
Which ones make you go "That's what you get!"

At the top of my list, I'd have to say during X-Men: Omega, the end of Age Of Apocalypse, when Nate and Magneto lay a beatdown on Apocalypse, culminating in him getting ripped in two.

There was also the start of Marvel Knights: Spider-Man, when Spidey beats the Green Goblin by slamming a mailbox into the back of his head. Just because it was the first time Norman Osborn went to jail in 40 years.

You guys?
Truten forever!

Jabroniville

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Most satisfying villain defeats/deaths
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 07:50:03 AM »
Preacher: Jesse strangling Jody to death, TC getting shot in the face by Tulip while he begs for his life, and Jesse watching his grandmother burn alive in the flames of her ancestral home, then explode out of it like a missile when the fire hits her oxygen tank. You want to jump up and cheer with Jesse when all their evil is removed from the world forever.

Dalek

• +5/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 11:49:02 PM »
The Smiler finally being brought down at the end of Transmetropolitan
The Punisher taking out Barracuda in Punisher Max
The original defeat of Morlun in the JMS Spidey run
The Fury finally being torn apart after expanding his power in the fight with Mad Jim Jaspers
The whole ending of the Annihilation war
The death of Vulcan in Way of Kings
The defeat of TAO in Sleeper
The defeat of Henry Bendix in Authority Revolutions
The defeat of Super Hitler in JSA Golden Age
The Superman homage finally getting taken down in The Mighty
Thor breaking the cycle of the gods by defeating Those Who Sit Above In Shadow after becoming Rune King Thor

Animalia

• +8/-7
  • Ca nisciun รจ fess!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 02:15:35 AM »
Jesse strangling Jody to death.
Not sure if it counts as a win.
I mean,sure Jesse was able to defeat him but in the ebd it was like Jodi has won this,he was happy Jesse has becone what he had always to make him be. That lets me a bad taste in mouth :d.

The Punisher killing those fucking generals.

Whiskeyclone

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 12:02:40 PM »
Preacher: Jesse strangling Jody to death, TC getting shot in the face by Tulip while he begs for his life, and Jesse watching his grandmother burn alive in the flames of her ancestral home, then explode out of it like a missile when the fire hits her oxygen tank. You want to jump up and cheer with Jesse when all their evil is removed from the world forever.

This is probably number one for me. I mean I haven't read it in years, but man was it cathartic after their build-up and they way they had their way with everyone until then.

Beta Ray Bill's wins in Stormbreaker.

X-Men Omega was pretty good for that, yeah, even if the issue was generally a bit of a rushed mess.

The Celestials in Earth X.

I feel like a lot of the long-readers like Y: The Last Man, Transmetro (yeah, probably the Smiler would fit), etc have moments like taht I just don't quite remember fully...for Y, maybe when the head Amazon gets...what, an axe in her head?

The Yellow Bastard in Sin City

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 04:12:57 AM »
The Crow killing Top Dollar.

Batman calling Joker's bluff as they both "die" in Endgame - Batman v2 #40

Hulk punching Abomination's eye through the back of his skull in TIH v2 #25

Jabroniville

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 08:19:48 AM »

This is probably number one for me. I mean I haven't read it in years, but man was it cathartic after their build-up and they way they had their way with everyone until then.

Beta Ray Bill's wins in Stormbreaker.

X-Men Omega was pretty good for that, yeah, even if the issue was generally a bit of a rushed mess.

The Celestials in Earth X.

I feel like a lot of the long-readers like Y: The Last Man, Transmetro (yeah, probably the Smiler would fit), etc have moments like taht I just don't quite remember fully...for Y, maybe when the head Amazon gets...what, an axe in her head?

The Yellow Bastard in Sin City
It's funny how hated and awful that Amazon Leader was. I think it was suggested once before that Vaughn pretty much HAD to kill her, because he'd done too good a job making her hateable. People DESPISED her. Something about a smug woman just absolutely irks the shit out of people.

Hulk Victorious

• +2/-189
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 11:14:24 AM »
Red Hulk vs Galactus