Herochat

Superman vs Flash

Upper_Krust

• +13/-37
    • View Profile
Superman vs Flash
« on: April 16, 2018, 11:39:57 AM »
Has this happened in the comics? If so which issues?

How did it go down?

Can Flash actually take a punch from Superman?

If they have never fought in anger would Superman vs. Zoom be a better indicator of how things would go?

Very curious about this match up.

AP

• +96/-54
    • View Profile
Re: Superman vs Flash
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 11:45:57 AM »
They fought in NU52.

AP

• +96/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 11:49:39 AM »
I found some random stuff too, but don't know the context.

Upper_Krust

• +13/-37
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:45:31 PM »
So is the consensus that Flash simply wins because Superman cannot ever hit him because he's faster (to some degree)?

AP

• +96/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 12:48:43 PM »
Well, in the other two examples, Superman did eventually grab the Flash.  It's pretty much how I always envisioned a fight between them to go.  The Flashes tend to be faster, but eventually, Superman will catch up to him and then it will be over.

Upper_Krust

• +13/-37
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 01:03:30 PM »
Well, in the other two examples, Superman did eventually grab the Flash.  It's pretty much how I always envisioned a fight between them to go.  The Flashes tend to be faster, but eventually, Superman will catch up to him and then it will be over.

I'm interested in how this plays out though...

Can Flash hurt Superman?

Does Superman instantly KO Flash if he eventually tags him?

AP

• +96/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 01:17:33 PM »
The Infinite Mass Punch and similar attacks should hurt Superman but I'm not sure he could ever KO him.  As for Supes KOing Flash, I imagine he could.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 01:24:48 PM »
Has this happened in the comics? If so which issues?

How did it go down?

Can Flash actually take a punch from Superman?

If they have never fought in anger would Superman vs. Zoom be a better indicator of how things would go?

Very curious about this match up.
There have been several fights and Superman is either too tough for Flash to hurt or Flash is faster and runs away.

A few fights off the top of my head.

This is a potential reality where Superman goes rogue. He kills pretty much every hero on earth.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Adventures-of-Superman-1987/Issue-494?id=29561

Another fight with Justice League but Flash is merely a spectator.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Action-Comics-1938/Issue-753?id=26091

Superman vs JLA again. Superman is not able to catch Flash but turns out it was a feint from Superman.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Adventures-of-Superman-1987/Issue-642?id=29707

Superman vs Wally possessed by Jericho.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Titans-2008/Issue-10?id=40062

There are many such examples but all of the same follow pretty much the same theme. In fact I can't recall any Flash ever hurting Superman when they have hurt pretty much everyone from Black Adam to Superboy Prime.

Uhtceare

• +17/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 01:37:34 PM »
Couldn't he drain the speed out of Supes, or phase his brain out of his skull?

Animalia

• +7/-7
  • Ca nisciun è fess!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 01:46:34 PM »
To be fair I wonder it too.
Flash isnt just a speedster,he can even suck speed from other beings if not wrong.
After he does that he could remove Superman brain the same way he did eith Amazo.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 02:00:24 PM »
He has drained Superman's speed but not in a fight.

Same reason Superman doesn't kills everyone he fights within a panel. Comics aren't written that way.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 02:02:05 PM »
Flash isnt just a speedster,he can even suck speed from other beings if not wrong.
After he does that he could remove Superman brain the same way he did eith Amazo.
TBF that was an elseworld and then Jimmy Olsen with kryptoninan powers stomped Justice League until Superman saved them.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +58/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 02:05:18 PM »
Flash potentially could rip Superman’s brain out. But why would he? He did it to Amazo because he’s an inorganic being. I have a hard time reconciling Flash pulling Superman’s brain or heart out of his body in a dust-up. Killing a living being isn’t exactly his thing. His best attack would be to BFR Supes into the Speed Force and leave it at that. Flash seems to pull out the “big tricks” against bricks he would have a hard time hurting physically (pre 52, he broke his hand just punching Grodd because he wasn’t moving fast enough; it’s a couple of issues before he fights Zoom for the 1st time).

I think it’s 50/50; Superman is fast enough to “keep up” and apply pressure, causing Flash to make a mistake and get tagged roughly half of the time.

Upper_Krust

• +13/-37
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 04:00:10 PM »
Thanks for all the replies so far.

Flash potentially could rip Superman’s brain out. But why would he? He did it to Amazo because he’s an inorganic being. I have a hard time reconciling Flash pulling Superman’s brain or heart out of his body in a dust-up. Killing a living being isn’t exactly his thing. His best attack would be to BFR Supes into the Speed Force and leave it at that.

You make it sound as if Flash can kill Superman in one move at any time.

In my opinion, Superman's bones would be almost on a par with Adamantium so I don't really see Flash easily phasing through them. Of course the argument I suppose would be he can do it to (Robo) Amazo who is presumably made of some super-tough metal anyway.

Flash seems to pull out the “big tricks” against bricks he would have a hard time hurting physically (pre 52, he broke his hand just punching Grodd because he wasn’t moving fast enough; it’s a couple of issues before he fights Zoom for the 1st time).

I'm actually amazed the fight between the two hasn't been properly done (yet).

Flash's 'tricks' seem to suggest the writers are not entirely comfortable answering the tougher questions of what might happen in such a fight where one hits the other.

I mean if Superman (in anger) hits the Flash I presume that's the Flash dead? So they can't legitimately interact beyond Flash pulling some sort of trick.

I think it’s 50/50; Superman is fast enough to “keep up” and apply pressure, causing Flash to make a mistake and get tagged roughly half of the time.

That's how I'd imagine it would 'play out'.

The brief Justice League movie 'tussle' saw Flash dodge 6 blows but get downed by a shoulder 'shrug'. Note that Flash wasn't trying to attack Superman here so he didn't need to stay close, presumably if he did he'd have got tagged quicker.

Animalia

• +7/-7
  • Ca nisciun è fess!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 04:08:10 PM »
TBF that was an elseworld and then Jimmy Olsen with kryptoninan powers stomped Justice League until Superman saved them.
Ahah...
Sure..it was elseword,so I can accept it's not legit here...
But you forgot to say Batman could have kicked Jimmy's ass. If Hal didnt pass out.