Herochat

John Carter reboot?

ultrabender

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
John Carter reboot?
« on: April 19, 2018, 10:43:44 AM »
Disney made the 2012 adaptation and also planned a trilogy for it. It failed were Disney allowed the film rights to the Barsoom book series to revert to the Edgar Rice Burroughs Estate. Can this possibly be rebooted by other movie studios in the future. Has the Disney version poison its reputation for adaptations?. Anyone else think John Carter deserves a second chance.

AP

• +96/-54
    • View Profile
Re: John Carter reboot?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 11:42:05 AM »
The Disney movie was good but it had shit marketing.  I think a proper John Carter movie could work.

Riv1

• +53/-1041
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 12:37:43 PM »
^^^that and that.

SCOURGEBREAKER HULK

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 02:09:11 PM »
The Disney movie was good but it had shit marketing.  I think a proper John Carter movie could work.

Totally agree.
The movie flopped for all the wrong reasons & the resulting finger pointing & name blaming just exposed how fickle Hollywood really was.

I grew up reading all of Edgar Rice Burroughs' novels & it annoyed me that people just didn't grasp the fact that the novel was written in 1912.

It has been the inspiration, if not the mould for so many sci fi/fantasy adventures that has made it to screen long before Disney decided to adapt it.
Fucking film critics who just blasted the movie as just another rip off without doing any background research really took away any chance of this film being a success.

Personally, I would love to see Tarzan as a decent franchise.
I probably would even settle for a family friendly approach like the Pirates' franchise.

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 12:06:45 PM »
I’ll be honest... the public won’t remember the first John Carter was even made. The marketing was horrible, and it didn’t get much word of mouth (good or bad) due to being average.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

therock

• +43/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 01:13:37 PM »
issue with that book is it inspired so many stories...that to a lot of people who dont know it, it going to come off sounding like a rip off

ultrabender

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 12:35:38 PM »
I’ll be honest... the public won’t remember the first John Carter was even made. The marketing was horrible, and it didn’t get much word of mouth (good or bad) due to being average.

It would be interesting if Warner Bros or Universal made their own adaptations of John Carter.

Riv1

• +53/-1041
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 12:37:48 PM »
They should get Guy Ritchie to direct. He’d action that sucker up.

SCOURGEBREAKER HULK

Dlbiininja

• +111/-11018
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 11:35:58 PM »
The movie was pretty good, & the effects were nice.  I think it was like The league of extraordinary gentlemen in that it was a sleeper & didn't get pushed as it should've been.  Hell, I'm waiting to see what's going to be done in the area for Deadpool.  I've worked some marketing events for things like True Blood, & other shit in the past.  Where they've rented out a theater & done screenings. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Riv1

• +53/-1041
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 01:04:49 AM »
I agree on it being good and having nice effects. The martians really worked, and that was crucial.

SCOURGEBREAKER HULK