Herochat

So what you think of what going with immigration and family seperation

Letters

• +6/-848
    • View Profile
I disagree

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/sep/01/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-illegal-immigration-costs-113-bi/

You can disagree all you want. It doesn't change the fact FAIR is inflating numbers by doing things like including things like US citizens born from immigrants and private hospital use which doesn't get government funding.

If the fair data is inaccurate, what is the real cost?

Not my argument to validate.

If you are refusing to provide numbers then I guess the link I provided is the best data available.

superlurker

• +21/-0
    • View Profile
You heard me.

Who are the criminal invaders that you are talking about?

He's obviously talking about the descendants of European migrants. Who behaved much worse than Mexicans do today. Even though the biggest part of the holocaust on the native Americans was unintentional (the spread of disease the natives weren't resistant to), there's still an enormous amount of incidents of vicious brutality and cruelty. Mexican migrants aren't acting like that, though they are also obviously not moving into a post-apocalyptic wasteland like the Europeans were.

You can't take the stance that today's Mexican migrants include criminal scum without also recognizing that the dominant ethnic group in the U.S. was collectively responsible for much worse than anything the Mexicans do today without being a hypocrite. Of course, Trump can take that stance because he's a completely ignorant moron whose entire concept of world history probably goes "something something middle ages, America is settled by real people, America wins WW2, the Trump is born, Obama is a piece of crap, America is Great Again".

XerxesTWD

• +85/-25
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
I disagree

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/sep/01/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-illegal-immigration-costs-113-bi/

You can disagree all you want. It doesn't change the fact FAIR is inflating numbers by doing things like including things like US citizens born from immigrants and private hospital use which doesn't get government funding.

If you are refusing to provide numbers then I guess the link I provided is the best data available.
You posted what amounts to an opinion article. They misrepresented data on purpose.

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
I disagree

Except I just showed it's not. I don't have to provide the evidence for your argument. I just have to show yours is invalid. So it's on you now to show the numbers are accurate by disproving the politifact article or providing more accurate numbers that prove your point.

Letters

• +6/-848
    • View Profile
You heard me.

Who are the criminal invaders that you are talking about?

He's obviously talking about the descendants of European migrants. Who behaved much worse than Mexicans do today. Even though the biggest part of the holocaust on the native Americans was unintentional (the spread of disease the natives weren't resistant to), there's still an enormous amount of incidents of vicious brutality and cruelty. Mexican migrants aren't acting like that, though they are also obviously not moving into a post-apocalyptic wasteland like the Europeans were.

You can't take the stance that today's Mexican migrants include criminal scum without also recognizing that the dominant ethnic group in the U.S. was collectively responsible for much worse than anything the Mexicans do today without being a hypocrite. Of course, Trump can take that stance because he's a completely ignorant moron whose entire concept of world history probably goes "something something middle ages, America is settled by real people, America wins WW2, the Trump is born, Obama is a piece of crap, America is Great Again".

If that's what Jelly means then what should be done about the criminal invaders from 400 years ago? Jelly?

Propeus The Fallen

• +27/-5
    • View Profile
So only six families have been reunited. I remember hearing a much larger number. :)

Pillow Biter

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
How much money and what kind of violence would be needed to drop illegal cross border crossings to under 1% of their current level?