Be it chain or restaurant, please detail it here

What is your ideal burger?

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Burger
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
I had the best burgers of my life in Chattanooga and New Orleans, but I can't remember the names of either of the restaurants
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

Animalia

• +10/-7
  • Ca nisciun è fess!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:07:08 PM »
Crispy McBacon.  :-*

Uhtceare

• +20/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 02:18:17 PM »
 My own, cooked according to this recipe:
https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/epic-thai-burger-laab-burger/

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 06:46:42 PM »
I had the best burgers of my life in Chattanooga and New Orleans, but I can't remember the names of either of the restaurants

Think.

At least describe them

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 07:31:08 PM »
This year seems to be the year of the burger for me. 2 or 3 times a week I find myself eating a burger and I've eaten at like a dozen new burger places.

The best burger I've had recently was at a place in Willow Grove, PA called Old school Burgers, Dogs, and Shakes. They have a burger with cheese, grilled onions, bacon, and Chipotle blue cheese thats fucking phenomenal.

Mightily Oats

• +77/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 03:36:07 AM »
A&W Papa Burger w/cheese is my favourite fast food burger, no question. But also undeniable that A&W is way bigger in Canada than in the USA

Favourite burger all-time is something I can't answer without having had more

When fancy restaurants do burgers, they're usually pretty amazing though

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 04:31:31 PM »

https://youtu.be/Q84nfWkLsYU
My ideal burger starts at 30 seconds. I can enjoy a simple burger with some additions, or something fairly plain. A burger should never require a knife and/or fork.

If your "burger" falls apart because it's soggy as fuck or too stacked to stand without a toothpick, then you're a cunt and should call it what it is: a fucking ground beef salad.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 04:33:37 PM »
I like cheeseburgers, but I'd usually rather just add a second or third patty(depending on patty size) or more fries in exchange for those calories.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 04:58:20 PM »
A&W Papa Burger w/cheese is my favourite fast food burger, no question. But also undeniable that A&W is way bigger in Canada than in the USA

Favourite burger all-time is something I can't answer without having had more

When fancy restaurants do burgers, they're usually pretty amazing though

I've had some good fancy burgers but I tend to like the low key places more. I went to this place not too long ago called the Rootbeer Stand in Oglesby, Illinois. It use to be one of the original A&Ws. I got a cheap bacon double there that hit all the right marks for a burger.

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 05:39:56 PM »
Had a burger that was an aged chuck blend, cheddar and red onion that had marrow blended into the patty, on brioche. It was superb, but between not coming with fries, and the patty size (inbetween a slider and normal, I'd guess about 5-6oz) it was hard to justify the $21 price point

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 07:32:10 PM »

https://youtu.be/Q84nfWkLsYU
My ideal burger starts at 30 seconds. I can enjoy a simple burger with some additions, or something fairly plain. A burger should never require a knife and/or fork.

If your "burger" falls apart because it's soggy as fuck or too stacked to stand without a toothpick, then you're a cunt and should call it what it is: a fucking ground beef salad.

I sometimes enjoy putting layers of stuff like hatch peppers or a nice aioli on a burger, but if a burger can't be enjoyed with nothing but the bun, meat, and a maybe a slice of cheese then it's garbage in the first place

Wyntyr

• +114/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 07:47:30 PM »

Think.

At least describe them

You get such a boner for food, I love it.

The Terminal Brewhouse in Chat. 80/20 patty with cheddar served on a freshly baked bun from a local bakery just down the street. I took one bite with no feeyixins like I do at most new places so I can see what I'll need to add to it, and ended up eating it dry and it was beautiful. Dope af

And Company Burger in NOLA.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 08:17:59 PM »
Had a burger that was an aged chuck blend, cheddar and red onion that had marrow blended into the patty, on brioche. It was superb, but between not coming with fries, and the patty size (inbetween a slider and normal, I'd guess about 5-6oz) it was hard to justify the $21 price point

That is waaaay to much money for that burger IMHO.

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 09:35:18 PM »

That is waaaay to much money for that burger IMHO.

Had it filled me and had fries I would’ve been ok, but it didn’t. To justify that price, you at least have to come with fries and be a decent sized patty.