« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 07:39:22 PM »
100%, yes.

Animalia

• +10/-7
  • Ca nisciun è fess!!!
    • View Profile
Re: God of War 4
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 02:02:01 AM »
I wonder if there will be any dlc later.

MPagar

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 08:15:53 AM »
The creative director said he wanted to deliver a complete experience in one package, but I’d bet on it eventually dropping. Seems likely with how Sony AAA titles have been, but if it’s like Uncharted or Last of Us, it might be a separate side story.

Animalia

• +10/-7
  • Ca nisciun è fess!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 03:45:23 PM »
It seems there wont be any dlc,nice to hear it.
Waiting for the price to drop,I have to much stuff to play for now anyway.

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 08:21:58 PM »
Could really use a new game plus, but I’m still on my first play through at least 20hours in, there is a lot of exploring and I think I’m only 1/3of the way through

XerxesTWD

• +99/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 08:25:52 PM »
I'm glad Sony invested in quality single player games. I'm not going to play this one, but it's good to see them refreshing IPs.

MPagar

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 11:55:29 PM »
New Game Plus is supposedly one of the things the Creative Director wanted to add but just didn’t have the time. I wouldn’t be shocked to see it as an updated in the coming weeks.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 02:27:37 PM »
I've started playing this and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  The first boss fight against "Stranger" is suitably epic in the God of War style, though I am beginning to wonder if the game as a whole is going to be less action-crazy compared to previous games. 

The combat is vastly different, both in weapon style and in control mechanics.  So far I'm really into it and think it's a worthy change-up after 4 games and 2 portables in the old method, though I hope they explain some of the reasons why Kratos has changed so much within the story.  I wish there was a code to reskin the Leviathan Axe to a hammer after you beat the game, because it's a perfect Mjolnir replica otherwise with the excellent recall mechanic.

The kid isn't annoying at all, imo, and it is a relief because I had nightmares of Ashley from Resident Evil 4 and the like going through my head when Dad of War was announced.  The interactions between Kratos and the boy are hilarious, as well, so it works on 2 levels heh.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 02:33:05 PM »
I'm glad Sony invested in quality single player games. I'm not going to play this one, but it's good to see them refreshing IPs.

Not trying to push a game you don't want on you, but just in case the reason is purely because you disliked the gameplay in prior installments I want to point out that this is completely different.  It's more like violent Zelda than button mashers paradise, with logic puzzles and hidden artifacts, a world-hub, and different weapon styles and armor you can use.  The story is fairly nuanced as well with Kratos' interactions with the kid and Kratos himself being older and less juvenile.

XerxesTWD

• +99/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 04:19:53 PM »
Yeah, I've heard that. When the GotY version or whatever comes out, I'll probably pick it up.

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2018, 09:48:29 AM »
I've started playing this and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  The first boss fight against "Stranger" is suitably epic in the God of War style, though I am beginning to wonder if the game as a whole is going to be less action-crazy compared to previous games. 

The combat is vastly different, both in weapon style and in control mechanics.  So far I'm really into it and think it's a worthy change-up after 4 games and 2 portables in the old method, though I hope they explain some of the reasons why Kratos has changed so much within the story.  I wish there was a code to reskin the Leviathan Axe to a hammer after you beat the game, because it's a perfect Mjolnir replica otherwise with the excellent recall mechanic.

The kid isn't annoying at all, imo, and it is a relief because I had nightmares of Ashley from Resident Evil 4 and the like going through my head when Dad of War was announced.  The interactions between Kratos and the boy are hilarious, as well, so it works on 2 levels heh.

You’ll figure out why it is a mjolnir replica.

Kid is great, gameplay speeds up too