Herochat

Peter Jackson returning for Lord of the Rings?

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Jackson returning for Lord of the Rings?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 11:16:44 AM »
I'm kind of annoyed at the idea of Peter Jackson having a large role in the TV series.  I don't think he did a bad job with LoTR but after 6 massively long movies in his style I was looking forward to someone else's take on the material. 

AP

• +96/-54
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »
If he's just a producer, it should be fine.  We might get something like the Evil Dead tv series where Raimi directed the pilot and is producer but allows other writers and directors to do their thing.

Sick Nick

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
I hope he doesn't draw things out needlessly like The Hobbit.  Hobbit should have been one movie.

Agreed, although every one of the movies had its strong points and the last one was particularly good. They fell way short of the original trilogy; mind you, for me LOTR is the best trilogy in cinema history. I still remember how blown away the audience in our cinema was during the pre-title sequence in ‘Fellowship’

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 01:55:11 PM »
Articles coming out from various sources saying the first season of the Amazon Middle Earth series will focus on Aragorn in his younger days. Considering Aragorn is in his 80’s during LOTR, there is a lot of ground that could be covered. Early romance with Arwen and hanging with the elves? Or his days as a Ranger fighting in the northern wildlands.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Gree

• +39/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 04:20:10 PM »
As long as there is good ICT feats