Herochat

Punisher vs. WW

gokenadams

• +10/-20
  • I don't really know or care what an outlier is
    • View Profile
Re: Punisher vs. WW
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 09:57:48 PM »
The bullet DID NOT penetrate Thor's skull. It scratched his skin but the impact knocked him out. It was a concussion hit.

On the other hand, the bullet fatally penetrated WW's neck with the jugular veins very likely cut which required immediate surgery.

They are NOT comparable wounds.

hey idiot it was a specialized bullet for thor situation

Commander

• +19/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 10:50:31 PM »
Was it indicated on the comics or was it a way to appease cry babies like you by the writer for fearing your backlash whinings. So stfu.
 I already owned you on the MM solos the Annihilators which you ran away from. Including the Superman = 11 to your mortally wounded Thor = Surfer =8. Which you also ran away from. Wanna go disprove those?

What a comicvine chicken.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:52:06 PM by Commander »

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 11:16:16 PM »
This only proves Priest thinks Thor and Wonder Woman are equal

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11121/111216019/4655829-4481041-blackpanther08p12.jpg

Have we forgotten that so soon?

Priest had Wonder Woman need emergency heat vision triage and then for Flash to superspeed her to a hospital.  Priest had Thor...wake up fine and start fighting again.  Look, I agree that overall WW and Thor have the same type of thing going on and that Priest's latest showing was trash, but they're not equal showings.
Because Priest didn't have Thor shot in a vulnerable area like neck.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 11:17:46 PM »
Thor took a bullet to the head that may or may not have been vibranium. He was fine soon after was he not?

There was no indication that the bullet was vibranium.

Wonder Woman got clipped by a RICOCHET off of Superman and would've been dead if Superman didn't assist. Needed emergency triage.

Both showings are shit but at least Thor's has some vague acknowledgment of superhuman physiology.
At least you didn't pretend that Thor's showing is anyway better.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 11:18:05 PM »
The bullet DID NOT penetrate Thor's skull. It scratched his skin but the impact knocked him out. It was a concussion hit.

On the other hand, the bullet fatally penetrated WW's neck with the jugular veins very likely cut which required immediate surgery.

hey idiot it was a specialized bullet for thor situation
Scans?

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 11:26:06 PM »
Priest didn't have Thor shot in a vulnerable area like neck.

Being shot between the eyes not qualifying as a vulnerable area, of course.  I get it, though, you're saying Thor's skull saved him and speculating that had Thor been shot in the same manner as Diana it would be different.  You see how this still highlights the flaw in your assertion that the two showings were equivalent.

Commander

• +19/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 11:59:02 PM »
They should drop the stupidity of standard pointed objects  taking down guys like Thor or WW. They have benn blasted with their wounds bleeding like sheit but they kept on ticking. Suddenly a bullet can penetate them and take them down.
So a madman with a Bic ballpen is considered a danger to them.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2018, 12:08:42 AM »
They should drop the stupidity of standard pointed objects  taking down guys like Thor or WW.

Agreed.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2018, 12:11:51 AM »
Priest didn't have Thor shot in a vulnerable area like neck.

Being shot between the eyes not qualifying as a vulnerable area, of course.  I get it, though, you're saying Thor's skull saved him and speculating that had Thor been shot in the same manner as Diana it would be different.  You see how this still highlights the flaw in your assertion that the two showings were equivalent.
Yes, because the bones are always as vulnerable as arteries in the neck.

Hollywood physics at its finest.

Rage.Of.Olympus

• +9/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2018, 12:16:03 AM »
Thor's classic Mjolnir shielding technique isn't as pronounced as Diana's bracer blocking although it is an established classic. That's probably the biggest factor in difference in portrayals.

I prefer Thor being completely bullet proof like the last decade of Thor writers have dealt with. I prefer Diana being bullet resistant similar to Aquaman under Johns.

I may be biased, it just makes more sense. Tbh, Thor not being bullet proof never even made any sense. He's been on the receiving end of the Destroyer's spiked knuckles for decades and one time when he was depowered, getting hit by the armor punctured holes in him.

If Thor had been shot in the neck, I'd wager he'd have gotten up fine. If Diana had been shot in the head, she'd have been dead. If a ricochet clipping her neck and blood loss is fatal, I doubt her skull would save her.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:19:16 AM by Rage.Of.Olympus »

Commander

• +19/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2018, 12:44:29 AM »
Yes and Thor wouldn't have to avoid spears since he would just be fine.

fangirl101

• +37/-57
  • Didn't see Wonder Woman yet so no spoilers BITCHES
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2018, 02:18:34 AM »
Yes and Thor wouldn't have to avoid spears since he would just be fine.
This.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2018, 02:36:07 AM »
Thor's classic Mjolnir shielding technique isn't as pronounced as Diana's bracer blocking although it is an established classic. That's probably the biggest factor in difference in portrayals.

I prefer Thor being completely bullet proof like the last decade of Thor writers have dealt with. I prefer Diana being bullet resistant similar to Aquaman under Johns.

I may be biased, it just makes more sense. Tbh, Thor not being bullet proof never even made any sense. He's been on the receiving end of the Destroyer's spiked knuckles for decades and one time when he was depowered, getting hit by the armor punctured holes in him.

Uh-huh. Thor was never invulnerable. Defalco had him state that outright.

If Thor had been shot in the neck, I'd wager he'd have gotten up fine. If Diana had been shot in the head, she'd have been dead. If a ricochet clipping her neck and blood loss is fatal, I doubt her skull would save her.

That's why she wasn't even koed when BWL shot her in the head just recently.

Thor would be in the same position as Wonder Woman. Nothing indicates it would be better other than your bias.

Thor isn't Superman.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2018, 02:42:26 AM »
Thor getting shot in the head. Drops like a pussy.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11121/111216019/4655829-4481041-blackpanther08p12.jpg

Diana getting shot by a special bullet which Thorbags pretend happened. Diana isn't even koed.

Commander

• +19/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2018, 03:44:50 AM »
Re: Spiked Knuckles of the Destroyer... Diana had also been on the receiving end of multiple spiked attacks from Doomsday and she kept on fighting.

So there is nothing special about it.

However, it seems that writers (not fanboys) are of the belief that Thor/Diana have a vulnerability to piercing damage as opposed to blunt (and other types) damage.

Does it suck, yes but we just have to live with it as their history has kept this a constant. We won't know if this will be permanently changed since both Marvel and DC have a tendency to reboot their universes to get that #1 cover page sale every so often.