Herochat

Nagging nitpicking question you have about shows/movies you like

therock

• +35/-64
    • View Profile
Little things that your always wonder or bug you

Like for me Westworld.  Always wonder how many actual real customer in Westworld..and how much money they spending to entertain them. since even at 40'000 seem like a lot.. Also why the fuck would you brings kids to this orgiy murder fest

Riv1

• +40/-875
  • ...Kaze ni Nare...
    • View Profile
Re: Nagging nitpicking question you have about shows/movies you like
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 10:51:39 PM »
^^^haha@the kids, good point.
Yeah that doesnt seem cost effective.

For me, Hancock.
I just wonder how the world seems basically the same, even though he'd been around the last 80 years.
I mean, where was he during all the Jim Crow shit, the freedom movement, Apartheid, etc?
You'd think the world's only superhuman being a black guy would have had some kind of effect.
I mean maybe it did? Didnt seem like it from the dinner scene.
It'd be nice if the movie were/had been expanded on in comics or book form at least.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:43:10 PM by Riv1 »

pittfox

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 01:30:02 AM »
50 first dates. Drew Barrymore's character couldn't maybe figure something out based on her menstrual cycle.

NeoGreenLantern

• +77/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 01:48:11 AM »
A lot of women have erratic periods. Like no period for multiple months then multiple in the same month.

Bran Mak Morn

• +11/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 02:18:11 AM »
and how much money they spending to entertain them.

The same with DollHouse.
It always nagged me wondering how much the organisation charged their clients hire out Echo...

Whether it was a simple bodyguard gig (that obviously goes wrong), a sexual encounter with the rich & elite or an "innocent" camping weekend that turns in being hunted down...it always bugged me that they never put a price tag to each mission.

Kallor

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 02:32:29 AM »
Old show here that I just recently started rewatching when I saw it was on Hulu - Legend of the Seeker.  In season 2 the storyline involves a devil type character (the Keeper), who we see in charge of a hellish torture filled afterlife. 

He offers recently dead people "deals" where he won't torture them for eternity if they go back to world of the living and kill someone each day as payment.  We see the Keeper make everyone who dies this deal, from evil warlords to nuns, monks and the heroes themselves at one point before proceeding to torture them endlessly for refusing. 

Doesn't this indicate that everyone who dies, regardless of whether they are good or bad, goes to "hell" and gets tortured?  Now, the show can set up any universe it wants of course, but my thought here is that this show is really goofy Disney fantasy, full of sappy true love and friendship conquers all stuff, and the show both doesn't seem like the type and never acknowledges the whole "we're all doomed to an eternity of torture" stuff.  It's weird.

Tjackflash

• +2/-35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 03:20:53 AM »
  The novel series that the TV show is based on introduces the wise old wizard/mentor to the young hero as he's having sex with his pet chicken.  The bisexual female stormtroopers were using dildo shaped pleasure+pain tasters. And let's not forget that the heroes love interests super power made all her victims fall in a mistress-slave love spell.
   Their version of the afterlife doesn't even raise a twitch on the 'ol weird meter.
'cause justice is the one thing you should always find.

Kallor

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 03:35:28 AM »
  The novel series that the TV show is based on introduces the wise old wizard/mentor to the young hero as he's having sex with his pet chicken.  The bisexual female stormtroopers were using dildo shaped pleasure+pain tasters. And let's not forget that the heroes love interests super power made all her victims fall in a mistress-slave love spell.
   Their version of the afterlife doesn't even raise a twitch on the 'ol weird meter.

The show is nothing like the books, though, and the plot I’m describing doesn’t come from them either.  The author despises the show for having the kind of goofy tone and typical Disney morality tropes it has, because he is a hardcore objectivist. 

The series is related to the books in name only.

Mightily Oats

• +76/-578
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 05:32:40 AM »
Old show here that I just recently started rewatching when I saw it was on Hulu - Legend of the Seeker.  In season 2 the storyline involves a devil type character (the Keeper), who we see in charge of a hellish torture filled afterlife. 

He offers recently dead people "deals" where he won't torture them for eternity if they go back to world of the living and kill someone each day as payment.  We see the Keeper make everyone who dies this deal, from evil warlords to nuns, monks and the heroes themselves at one point before proceeding to torture them endlessly for refusing. 

Doesn't this indicate that everyone who dies, regardless of whether they are good or bad, goes to "hell" and gets tortured?  Now, the show can set up any universe it wants of course, but my thought here is that this show is really goofy Disney fantasy, full of sappy true love and friendship conquers all stuff, and the show both doesn't seem like the type and never acknowledges the whole "we're all doomed to an eternity of torture" stuff.  It's weird.
Better than the books, which go with "Communism is the one true evil of the universe"

Riv1

• +40/-875
  • ...Kaze ni Nare...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 05:48:48 AM »
^^^Well thats just silly.
Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +52/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 11:50:19 PM »
...why did Luke’s metal hand disappear with his body, while his robes remained? 🤔

Bran Mak Morn

• +11/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 01:56:31 AM »
...why did Luke’s metal hand disappear with his body, while his robes remained? 🤔

LOL all the Force Ghosts should be naked.

Oh Yoda don't look up!