Herochat

Pennsylvania School District Gives Students Rocks to Throw at Shooters

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Pennsylvania School District Gives Students Rocks to Throw at Shooters
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »
I don't think the guys idea is stupid for the position he's in. He has to wait around until federal or state decide to do something. If you want to throw stones throw them at the people who put him in this position.

The way I read it, that is what the article's author is meaning to do in the last couple of paragraphs.

As for the idea itself, it probably won't matter in any one district. But, theoretically speaking, if something like this were adopted large scale I can pretty much guarantee more lives would be lost from using the rocks as weapons in fights or via accidents. As opposed to people under active fire being saved by accurately clunking a guy while he is in the act of spewing hundreds of rounds everywhere.

To be clear, I don't disagree local or school officials should not be put in such positions.

Oh shit. Time to ban rocks I guess

Good luck with that endeavor.
Sig : Anais "Neesy" Rizzo

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 06:53:20 PM »
Its topics like these that really showcase why letters never gets involved in debate topics.

Letters

• +6/-846
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 09:58:11 PM »
I never get into the debate board because Xerxes bans me when people are too scared to answer simple questions. Kinda like this thread actually. Everyone's too scared to answer a simple question :-\

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 10:21:48 PM »
Yeah because most of realize the issue is complex and not simple and we've been discussing it at length for a while so for the most part everyone knows what everyone position is.

Letters

• +6/-846
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 10:49:58 PM »
I don't think it's so complex. You have a guy with a gun, maybe a team of guys to stop the guy who's shooting up a school. It's that simple.

Maybe if there was an unknown amount of individuals, who know each other and get free regular gun training from the NRA, who had guns already there with them when the shooter turns up, maybe that would be a good way? And if they were volunteers who already worked the school, everyone would know them already. Dang. That's pretty good.

Xerxes needs to know the shooters blood sugar and dress size before any action is taken. Pretty cowardly imo

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 11:15:32 PM »
Yeah that idea seems fool proof. I definitely can't pull up articles where both armed teachers and armed guards either failed a shooting or accidentally shot their guns in class in the past few weeks.

XerxesTWD

• +85/-24
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 11:23:25 PM »
I don't think it's so complex.
I know. You don't think about a lot of things because you're not smart enough to understand much of anything.

Letters

• +6/-846
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 11:39:20 PM »
Yeah that idea seems fool proof. I definitely can't pull up articles where both armed teachers and armed guards either failed a shooting or accidentally shot their guns in class in the past few weeks.

And infringing on people's god given rights is foolproof I suppose. I can bring up an example of an armed guard stopping a school shooter recently as well.

XerxesTWD

• +85/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 11:43:04 PM »

And infringing on people's god given rights is foolproof I suppose. I can bring up an example of an armed guard stopping a school shooter recently as well.
God given rights to what? Guns? That should be an interesting bible verse.

Are you going to post the NRA version of events in Maryland or the actual events where the shooter killed himself and it wasn't the school resource officer?

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 11:45:58 PM »
The god he is talking about is probably Vulcan.

Letters

• +6/-846
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 11:59:55 PM »

Are you going to post the NRA version of events in Maryland or the actual events where the shooter killed himself and it wasn't the school resource officer?

I didn't know that. You get that from a snopes  article?

So your solution is, just let the shooters kill themselves instead of shooting them before they can kill more people. I liked your time travel idea better to be honest.

And ya, that's what the constitution defines, our rights given to us by the creator. One of them is to defend ourselves using military weapons and equipment, arms, and to bear them, and it shall not be infringed. But with your reading comprehension level, I understand why you don't get it. Do you even understand what I'm saying now?

XerxesTWD

• +85/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 12:17:21 AM »

I didn't know that. You get that from a snopes  article?

So your solution is, just let the shooters kill themselves instead of shooting them before they can kill more people. I liked your time travel idea better to be honest.

And ya, that's what the constitution defines, our rights given to us by the creator. One of them is to defend ourselves using military weapons and equipment, arms, and to bear them, and it shall not be infringed. But with your reading comprehension level, I understand why you don't get it. Do you even understand what I'm saying now?
Holy shit, you don't even know which founding fathers document is which.

Finish elementary school and come back when you're ready to start talking with some facts backing you up for ONCE.

Letters

• +6/-846
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 02:15:03 AM »
Amazing. Every word in that sentence is wrong.

NeoGreenLantern

• +87/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2018, 02:59:39 AM »
Can you please provide us the line in the Constitution that mentions god?

Letters

• +6/-846
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 07:42:26 AM »
Where do you think your rights come from neo? The state?