Herochat

Pennsylvania School District Gives Students Rocks to Throw at Shooters

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
https://theblemish.com/2018/03/pennsylvania-school-district-gives-students-rocks-to-throw-at-shooters/

Good news, you can stop worrying about your children being murdered in their classroom, the Blue Mountain School District in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania has figured out how to stop school shootings. They’ve put rocks in every classroom that students can throw at anyone who happens to be mowing their friends down with a high-capacity assault rifle. I mean, problem solved, if the United Kingdom and Australia had thought of rocks they too could still have armed crazy people on every street corner.

I know what you’re thinking. “Eric’s just exaggerating again for humorous effect, like when he calls Jessica Chastain a Raytheon lobbyist.” Well no, I’m not exaggerating.

Here’s Superintendent David Helsel explaining his initiative in his own words, from WNEP 16 Scranton.

“Every classroom has been equipped with a five-gallon bucket of river stone. If an armed intruder attempts to gain entrance into any of our classrooms, they will face a classroom full students armed with rocks and they will be stoned.”

This is just the latest dumb idea schools have had to stop shootings because our congress is so bought off by the gun lobby that when a mass shooting happens, their response is “Well, sure, we could ban guns, and as we’ve seen in every other western democracy that would end pretty much end mass shootings almost entirely, but I get a lot of money from the NRA so fuck your kids, their lives are a small price to pay for Remington’s stock to stay strong.” Now see, that’s exaggeration for humorous effect, congressmen don’t actually say that, they just think it.

So this is where we are as a nation. We can’t ban guns because we’ve elected a group of self-serving, spineless cowards to write our laws so we’re giving kids rocks to defend themselves from the school shootings that have been happening routinely for the past twenty years.

Sig : Tess Kielhamer as Black Canary, Katya Henry

Dlbiininja

• +19/-11008
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
Sounds like the work of stable geniuses!  They seem to be all the rage of the newest administration. 

My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Letters

• +3/-806
    • View Profile
So, what is the best way to stop a guy with a gun?

XerxesTWD

• +68/-22
    • View Profile
Make it so guys with guns don't need to be stopped in the first place.

Thorne

• +24/-13
  • Destined for Valhalla
    • View Profile
Throwing rocks at armed gunmen... works for the Palestinians.

NeoGreenLantern

• +77/-19
    • View Profile
I don't think the guys idea is stupid for the position he's in. He has to wait around until federal or state decide to do something. If you want to throw stones throw them at the people who put him in this position.

Letters

• +3/-806
    • View Profile

Ah, time travel. Nice

XerxesTWD

• +68/-22
    • View Profile

Ah, time travel. Nice
You think time travel is required to solve this? That's an odd way to try and distract from the conversation.

NeoGreenLantern

• +77/-19
    • View Profile
If that was the solution the deep state with help by CERN would have already took care of the problem.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
I don't think the guys idea is stupid for the position he's in. He has to wait around until federal or state decide to do something. If you want to throw stones throw them at the people who put him in this position.

The way I read it, that is what the article's author is meaning to do in the last couple of paragraphs.

As for the idea itself, it probably won't matter in any one district. But, theoretically speaking, if something like this were adopted large scale I can pretty much guarantee more lives would be lost from using the rocks as weapons in fights or via accidents. As opposed to people under active fire being saved by accurately clunking a guy while he is in the act of spewing hundreds of rounds everywhere.

To be clear, I don't disagree local or school officials should not be put in such positions.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 05:03:45 PM by Imperial »
Sig : Tess Kielhamer as Black Canary, Katya Henry

Letters

• +3/-806
    • View Profile
Re: Pennsylvania School District Gives Students Rocks to Throw at Shooters
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 05:05:51 PM »

Ah, time travel. Nice
You think time travel is required to solve this? That's an odd way to try and distract from the conversation.

I asked you how to stop someone who already has a gun, you said, "berderp, make it so's he can't ever get a gun in the first place" which in my opinion would require time travel, cuz he already has a gun.

So maybe I should rephrase my question, some nut bag is in a school shooting up the place. How do you stop him?

Letters

• +3/-806
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 05:07:16 PM »

The way I read it, that is what the article's author is meaning to do in the last couple of paragraphs.

As for the idea itself, it probably won't matter in any one district. But, theoretically speaking, if something like this were adopted large scale I can pretty much guarantee more lives would be lost from using the rocks as weapons in fights or via accidents. As opposed to people under active fire being saved by accurately clunking a guy while he is in the act of spewing hundreds of rounds everywhere.

To be clear, I don't disagree local or school officials should not be put in such positions.

Oh shit. Time to ban rocks I guess

XerxesTWD

• +68/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 05:34:06 PM »

Ah, time travel. Nice

I asked you how to stop someone who already has a gun, you said, "berderp, make it so's he can't ever get a gun in the first place" which in my opinion would require time travel, cuz he already has a gun.
That's definitely not what I said. You actually quoted what I said before you ran it through translated it to your native tongue and tried to change the context and meaning entirely. Sad!

So maybe I should rephrase my question, some nut bag is in a school shooting up the place. How do you stop him?
What kind of weapon is the white male shooter using? Does the white male shooter have a rifle? Does the white male shooter have more than one rifle? Does the white male shooter have a backup sidearm? Does the white male shooter have more than one? What tactics is the white male shooter using? Is the white male shooter working alone? Are there actual hostages or just civilians hiding from the white male shooter that could become hostages? Are any of the hiding civilians armed? If so, how will I know they aren't the white male shooter?

Letters

• +3/-806
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 06:17:22 PM »

Ah, time travel. Nice

That's definitely not what I said. You actually quoted what I said before you ran it through translated it to your native tongue and tried to change the context and meaning entirely. Sad!

What kind of weapon is the white male shooter using? Does the white male shooter have a rifle? Does the white male shooter have more than one rifle? Does the white male shooter have a backup sidearm? Does the white male shooter have more than one? What tactics is the white male shooter using? Is the white male shooter working alone? Are there actual hostages or just civilians hiding from the white male shooter that could become hostages? Are any of the hiding civilians armed? If so, how will I know they aren't the white male shooter?

Woah, triggered. Lol.

All unknown. All we know is there's a guy, with a gun, shooting people inside a school. What's the best way to stop him?

And you forgot to ask if the white male shooter is Muslim. But don't worry, I have a feeling he will be.

XerxesTWD

• +68/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 06:28:18 PM »

Ah, time travel. Nice

Woah, triggered. Lol.
You're trying to boil a complex discussion down to a zero sum argument. This happens every single time you don't actually understand anything on the topic being discussed.

All unknown. All we know is there's a guy, with a gun, shooting people inside a school. What's the best way to stop him?
How does anybody know the white male shooter is shooting people inside the school? Was it the sound of gunshots or a similar noise? Did somebody actually see it happen and manage to escape? Am I a random citizen walking by the school? A kid in the school? A teacher in the school? A police officer? If I am not an LEO, how is anybody going to know that I am not the shooter if I rush onto campus with a gun? What if students peek through a window and only sees me with a gun ready, trying to find the true shooter, but they think I am the shooter because they never actually see the initial shooter?

It's like "More guns fr PATROITS libtards lulz" isn't a real argument because it doesn't even scratch the surface of the topic.