Herochat

Fortnite Battle Royale

Thorne

• +30/-14
    • View Profile
Fortnite Battle Royale
« on: March 13, 2018, 11:14:55 PM »
I tried it, I suck mega ultra hard.

I've been playing WoW for 10+ years and nothing but and it's completely eroded any skills I ever had for FPS games.

Any of you young guns any good at this?

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +5/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite Battle Royale
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 01:37:13 PM »
Played for about 10 minutes. Got my ass kicked. We'll see how much I progress.

Thorne

• +30/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 02:57:53 PM »
The very best luck to you good sir, I totally ragequit and uninstalled.

F this game and everyone that helped make it.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +79/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 02:09:28 PM »
Takes time, guy. I rarely play FPS, but the real trick to playing is learning where good loot/gold chests spawn. Also, avoiding common combat areas (like Tilted Towers or Dusty Depot) until you’ve figured out the controls and aiming system (re: somewhat actual physics play a part) helps immensely. Also: learn to build and quickly. That takes practice.

Play Solo mode; easier when it’s every man for himself and you aren’t getting ganged up on. Wait until the airbus kicks you out and immediately deploy your glider. Float around awhile while folks kill each other. Once the storm circle forms, decide where you want to eventually touchdown and float over there. I prefer to play near the edge because I don’t have to worry about my 6 (as much). The downside is that once the circle is small, someone usually has a large base built in the middle of it. This playstyle can get boring, but it helped me to “figure out” the game.

Thorne

• +30/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 02:32:07 PM »
Drop 1: I get a sweet rifle and some junk, BANG DEAD!! "What the...?!!"
Drop 2: I land and immediately get sniped from seven area codes away. Dammit!!
Drop 3: Swift halo drop into a farmhouse a guy drops nearby but I get to the machine gun first... he's already loaded out and BANG!!
Drop 4: I'm far away from everyone trying to find stuff, moving around stealthy like real paranoid, hear footsteps... BANG!!

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUCKKK!!!!

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +79/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 08:52:41 PM »
Oh, well...maybe you're just trash at the game? I mean...even my 7 year old daughter has gotten a win before, and she stares at her controller half of the time to find the button she wants to use.

Thorne

• +30/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 10:46:22 PM »
Right on the money, I'm getting too old for this shit. I have very little depth perception and it really screws with targeting.

I need that 360noscope shit.

Thorne

• +30/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 09:00:14 PM »
I've been watching Twitch gamers play this and I'm impressed with how good these kids are.

Further proving I've out-aged certain games, reflexes and eyesight are key and I am bad at both.

Am I fucking jelly, you damn skippy. But I can game vicariously through them, so I got that going for me.

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 05:32:10 PM »
I downloaded and played a game yesterday (will try more later). Started near the edge and made my way toward center. Never saw a damn person until there were only 10 people left with a small storm circle.

I tried to ambush two guys in a fire fight, but this one guy was a damn whiz with building. I smashed into his place with grenades, but he dropped down behind me for a shotgun kill as I was coming in.

Very boring, but once I figure this shit out, I’ll start dropping closer to the center of the island.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +79/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 05:08:07 PM »
Yeah, if you play “near the edge”, there’s a lot less action. If you want to go full-tilt murderfest, drop into Tilted Towers. That’s the go-to area for large fights.

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 02:35:54 PM »
I've been watching Twitch gamers play this and I'm impressed with how good these kids are.

Further proving I've out-aged certain games, reflexes and eyesight are key and I am bad at both.

My kid's pretty good on a small screen tv.

Then I upgraded to a bigger screen & those few extra seconds more it takes to zoom in on a target really takes the edge off of him.

Dlbiininja

• +112/-13212
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 11:04:30 PM »
I tried it, I suck mega ultra hard.

I've been playing WoW for 10+ years and nothing but and it's completely eroded any skills I ever had for FPS games.

Any of you young guns any good at this?

Hmm, Are you on Xbox one or ps4.  I play alot of Cod. 

I've tried fortnite a couple of times.  Got distracted or either left the house.  Need to give it another go. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

MPagar

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 11:58:46 PM »
I play it occasionally since I have people that like to partner up. I have a few wins, but it hasn’t really ‘clicked’ for me since I never give it the time.

Thorne

• +30/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 06:08:00 AM »
Hmm, Are you on Xbox one or ps4.  I play alot of Cod. 

I'm PC Master Race, mindless racing about shooting things is fine for 20 minutes, but I need variety... crafting, exploration, side quests, mini-games, customization, player housing, pets... anyway Fortnite is kind of fun but it's quick burst fail and then back to real games.