A little too nuclear man for me

More Doc Savage to me.

Necro

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Character Redesigns
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2016, 04:48:35 AM »
I dig the one on the right.

Always loved the military style design for Captain Marvel.
One of the reasons I don't really like his redesign much.
I think the new look works for Black Adam since he is Eygptian (or close to), but Marvel is a production of -our- times, so this seems more fitting.

Also, identity.

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2016, 10:26:17 AM »
The new design really does fit BA a lot better. Hadnt thought about it till you said it.

. . . .  >:(

I will say this for the Nu-52, if you take away the hooded cloak and to were to replace the stupid glowy chest hole lightning bolt with the classic Shazam bolt, that actually isn't a bad look for Black Adam. It's close enough to the classic appearance, but has just enough tweaks to look slightly more Egyptian and ancient, giving the impression that while there is an overall scheme to the Shazam powers (primary body suit, Shazam bolt, gold stylings on the wrist, belt and boots), the look of the suit varies from wielder to wielder. Billy's look resembles classic Golden Age Superheroes because those were the heroes that existed before him, hence things like the cape and such. You could even just say his dad was a fan of the old Film Serials of that age, and he use to watch them with Billy before he died, so they influenced his design choice.

;)

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2016, 10:46:16 AM »
I dig the one on the right.

Always loved the military style design for Captain Marvel.
One of the reasons I don't really like his redesign much.
I think the new look works for Black Adam since he is Eygptian (or close to), but Marvel is a production of -our- times, so this seems more fitting.

Also, identity.

The one on the right isn't bad, but it still feels like a step down from what Cap classically had. Black just shouldn't be a main color on Cap's outfit, since that's what Adam's for. I do like the Rocketeer-style jacket, but think it'd look better if the belt wrapped around outside of it rather than the flap sticking out over it. It's just kind of busy where Cap's classic look is beautiful in its simplicity.

I also kind of like my own headcanon explanation for the retro-look of classic Billy. His dad was a fan of old Film Serials like Flash Gordon or Captain Video (a nod to Cap's own film serial, making him the first movie superhero) and classic Golden Age heroes, so he watched them with a young Billy. After his dad died and when Billy was given his powers, his ideal of a hero was based off those old serials and his dad, and combined with the 'Shazam Template' (single color bodysuit, gold highlights on the wrists, feet and waist, lightning bolt on the chest) to give him his classic look.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only way you'll improve on this:

is with very minor tweaks like a collar and a slightly longer cape.

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2016, 03:05:51 PM »
And a redesign of the new Superman outfit:

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2016, 09:42:43 AM »
Is that the Black Knight? I like it but something about it seems Aquatic. Like it's Atlantean knight armor.With a few changes would be great

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2016, 12:19:10 PM »
That Black Knight costume is dope. It is a bit busy, and I'd remove some of the embellishments, particularly on the boots and gauntlets, but overall I really like it. It has a lot of little nods to how I'd imagine knights of old, like the visor that can be raised, and the cloak. Very impressive.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2016, 05:16:36 PM »
Yea tremendous potential

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2016, 03:20:14 PM »
Spandex is always kinda suspect as fuck and doesn't look dope. Why doesn't the genre move on from such stupid shit. It made sense alittle back in the day and shit but now it's completely dumb as fuck. Wear some pants.

Agent venom is a good looking costume. Makes logical sense for the character and he doesn't look gay for no reason.

Enough with the tights.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2016, 07:00:30 PM »
One of the most unique visor designs i've come across.
I'd love to see it drawn by some pros, to decide if i like it or not.

Kind of like it; interesting and kind of fits the whole "tactical military strike force" aspect of the X-men.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2016, 03:49:58 PM »
Yeah, this was a neat find, i think.
I'll be honest the fact you dont hate it makes me feel better about thinking it looks ok.

Not totally sure if it works in-comic or whatever, the placement is interesting almost kind of a "third eye" vibe if you know what I mean.

But it is at least some imagination in doing a new visor so there's that going for it.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2016, 11:39:45 AM »
Not feeling that Cyclops one to be honest. It removes one of Cyclops's signature traits, that his beams come out of his eyes. It would work for another character. Say, a guy with psychic abilities, one of which is to use psychic boasts.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Gree

• +44/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2016, 12:49:35 PM »
Not feeling that Cyclops one to be honest. It removes one of Cyclops's signature traits, that his beams come out of his eyes. It would work for another character. Say, a guy with psychic abilities, one of which is to use psychic boasts.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2017, 08:44:24 PM »

I know that's probably a miss-spelling but somehow the power of "psychic boasts" seems like a potentially unique one.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2017, 03:16:53 PM »
Kind of off topic, but, this design is for shit.
Gen. Thunderbolt Ross is a career Army man in his 60s. There's no way he'd  run around in star spangled speedos.

Not Ross; some military general from American Kaiju or whatever it was I think.