And an unfinished Hulk:

I gotta turn my phone back on.

All original skectches. By me.

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Character Redesigns
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2014, 07:58:05 PM »

I will say this for the Nu-52, if you take away the hooded cloak and to were to replace the stupid glowy chest hole lightning bolt with the classic Shazam bolt, that actually isn't a bad look for Black Adam. It's close enough to the classic appearance, but has just enough tweaks to look slightly more Egyptian and ancient, giving the impression that while there is an overall scheme to the Shazam powers (primary body suit, Shazam bolt, gold stylings on the wrist, belt and boots), the look of the suit varies from wielder to wielder. Billy's look resembles classic Golden Age Superheroes because those were the heroes that existed before him, hence things like the cape and such. You could even just say his dad was a fan of the old Film Serials of that age, and he use to watch them with Billy before he died, so they influenced his design choice.

Necro

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »
It is extremely difficult to mess Black Adams look up to the level where it would be irredeemable, which is also why Namor's black suit always looks so great (depending on artist, of course).

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2014, 08:08:09 PM »
It is extremely difficult to mess Black Adams look up to the level where it would be irredeemable, which is also why Namor's black suit always looks so great (depending on artist, of course).

You'd think so, but they managed it with Captain Marvel, and they almost did it with Adam with that cloak and the lightning hole in his chest. But take those latter two aspects away and you have a look that works for Adam, but is terrible on Billy.

Red Exodus

• +7/-19
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2014, 02:30:20 AM »
Nova's always had a solid costume that's mostly gotten a few tweaks over the years, with the exception of
his Nova Prime outfit. Only one I've omitted (mostly because I couldn't find a damn good size image) was
his ultra shitty brown costume from his first appearance in New Warriors.

Von Doom

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2014, 06:03:24 AM »
Nova's always had a solid costume that's mostly gotten a few tweaks over the years, with the exception of
his Nova Prime outfit. Only one I've omitted (mostly because I couldn't find a damn good size image) was
his ultra shitty brown costume from his first appearance in New Warriors.

I know it adds another pain-in-the-ass step to posting an image to the board, but if you ever want a smaller version of something http://www.picresize.com/ works pretty well.

Red Exodus

• +7/-19
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2014, 02:11:11 AM »
Actually the problem wasn't so much that I found an image that was too big, but one that was far too small.

Necro

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2014, 02:52:06 PM »

You'd think so, but they managed it with Captain Marvel, and they almost did it with Adam with that cloak and the lightning hole in his chest. But take those latter two aspects away and you have a look that works for Adam, but is terrible on Billy.
Who?
I don't know who you're talking about, since they haven't shown Captain Marvel yet, just his bizarro clone.
The things Lex seems capable of doing nowadays... he's a serious Gary Stu.

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2014, 05:24:22 PM »

Who?
I don't know who you're talking about, since they haven't shown Captain Marvel yet, just his bizarro clone.
The things Lex seems capable of doing nowadays... he's a serious Gary Stu.

God bless you Necro.

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2015, 09:55:33 AM »
Ares where's that tiger Black Adam pic from

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2015, 06:48:22 PM »
The "Curse of Shazam" story that gave us Nu-Shazam. I forget which Justice League issue it was in, but there's a Shazam trade with it.

ProjectCornDog

• +1/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2015, 01:21:39 PM »
I'd like to see this...

...drawn in a more realistic manner.

That would be cool, minus the electric bolt stain in his hair.

Ares

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2015, 02:45:27 PM »
Not really a fan of that look. Diana is the one who should have more of a Greeco/Roman armor look rather than Cap. That looks more like an outfit for Maxi Zeus. But I admit I'm biased and think it's really hard to improve over Cap's classic look, unless you added a colar.

ProjectCornDog

• +1/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2015, 04:14:48 PM »
Not really a fan of that look. Diana is the one who should have more of a Greeco/Roman armor look rather than Cap. That looks more like an outfit for Maxi Zeus. But I admit I'm biased and think it's really hard to improve over Cap's classic look, unless you added a colar.

Oh yeah, his classic look is great. He manages to stand out despite being a guy who can fly and has a cape.

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2015, 02:46:23 PM »
A littl too Sonya Blade for me