« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2018, 11:29:24 AM »
Episode 10, why is her head shaved?

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Jessica Jones 2 Ep 10-13
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2018, 11:50:53 AM »

Who?  Alisa?  Her scalp was burnt off.  That's why she's been wearing a wig this entire time.

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »
Trish is a horrible friend. It's like they go out of their way to make her unlikable.

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2018, 11:44:07 PM »

Who?  Alisa?  Her scalp was burnt off.  That's why she's been wearing a wig this entire time.

Oh! I missed that.

Happens when you watch while intoxicated.

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2018, 01:42:43 AM »

Oh! I missed that.

Happens when you watch while intoxicated.

Yeah, there was the whole thing where she had to buy wigs and that was how Jessica tracked her down the first time.  They also showed her without the wig multiple times at IGH.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +81/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2018, 03:38:00 AM »
I enjoyed this season. I like that it's more drama oriented as opposed to action, but there's just enough to remind you that there are super powered folks running about. Trish has been spiraling since last season, so her going completely off the rails wasn't a surprise. I like that everyone has progressed as a character, particularly Jeri & Malcolm. I like that the "big bad" of the season was Jessica herself and her struggles to have a lasting, meaningful relationship.

It was FAR better than Iron Fist. Daredevil is still the best overall; probably helps that he's had the most exposure with 3 seasons under his belt for developing as a character between his show and Defenders. Luke Cage's first 7 or 8 episodes (when it was just about him vs. Cottonmouth) was PHENOMENAL; the last half was a bit hokey in comparison.

Each show has it's own vibe and that's a good thing. Cage can be about inner city struggles and black empowerment; Daredevil can be all about ninja action; Punisher can be the ultimate ammosexual fantasy; Iron Fist can be about whiny rich guys that know kung-fu; Jessica Jones can be the snarky detective noir. They all have their niche.

Not BAMF

• +22/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2018, 09:41:16 AM »
Trish is a horrible friend. It's like they go out of their way to make her unlikable.

They went out of their way to make EVERYONE unlikable this season. It was a struggle to watch this show. Every single character came across as an asshole with POSSIBLY only Hogarth being respectable, but she spends so much time being an ass to everyone, it's still hard to like her. So many peoples' motivations and drives just changed on their whims, and it was miserable to watch.

If I was ranking the Netflix shows at this point, I'd go

1. Jessica Jones S1
1A. Daredevil S1

3. Punisher

4. Iron Fist
5. Daredevil S2

6. Luke Cage

7. Defenders
8. Jessica Jones S2

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2018, 11:43:38 AM »
If better than DD season 2. Lmaoooooo

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2018, 07:18:56 AM »
Finished the season, and I felt it was pretty good with the exception of Jessica trying to join her mother in the last episode and a half.

I get Jessica’s longing for “real” family and the parallel they drew to Trish and her shithag mom. But ultimately, Jess’ mom killed a LOT of people... in cold blood for some. So you can’t blame it all on rage. And Jessica had the right idea about bringing her to justice for most of the season. Saving those few people in the car wreck just wasn’t enough for me as a viewer to REALLY see Jess’ change of heart.

Trish was fucking awful, and I hope we see some fallout or even a villainous turn for her. Her obsession with being special (no doubt stemming from her mother’s push for childhood stardom) got to insane levels. It really seemed like her relationship with CZN guy was just to be more famous... her wanting to uncover IGH was to make herself more famous... her desire to get superpowers and save people seems to be for fame (also tying back to her desire to ride the coattails of Jessica)... she gets addicted to the super inhaler and later forces the semi-mad doctor to try giving her powers.

If all is forgiven next season AND she gets powers, the show is really creating a shitty narrative.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2018, 08:07:26 AM »
My guess is that the next season will have some sort of three-way conflict between Trish, Jess, and Malcolm (by way of his new PI job).  Perhaps they will all be working the same case.

I agree that Jess’ mom did not deserve the sympathy she was getting from Jess.

Rynox

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2018, 03:49:36 PM »
Just finished, and aside from some aspects that annoyed me, I enjoyed this season.

The good

- Great character development mostly all around, the relationships between the main, and secoundary characters seem believable. I personally think Jeri stole the scenes she was in, and I think that's due to Trinity being a better actor than a lot of the others, so I really enjoyed her character's scenes.
- Malcolm getting tired of Jessica's shit, and doing his own thing was good, as opposed to just hanging around forever while she's a shitty friend.
- Jessica seemed to have an arc in that she started to open up to the landlord (I just know him from the show Power)
- Jessica's mother was an interesting character (and villain) it was an interesting contrast to Jessica's character, though it was obvious that despite the road trip that it wasn't going to be a permanent change to the show.

The bad

- Zero defenders references? Ya we saw Shaggy or whatever the hell his name is, (the lawyer) but I would have liked to see or at least have some kind of contact with DD or Cage. Missed opportunity to continue the relationships that they started building in Defenders.
- I was happy to see the scenes with Kilgrave, but definitely wanted more. I don't know what the story is in the comics, but if there was any way to bring him back for season 3 I'd be very happy.
- I would have liked more action scenes

The ugly

- Trish's character was horribly written this season, 95% of her character's motivations made no sense. Which is a shame because the actress is good, and does the best with what she's got, but damn-- okay so she starts off normal, then we becomes a relapsed addict (which seemed out of place and repetitive since Malcolm had the addiction in season 1) she then goes so far as to knock him out & tie him up, pull a gun on him, and finally shoot Jessica's mother in the head?? What in the ff??? It just seemed far too unbelievable as her character in season one seemed like the mild-mannered best friend who provides sound advice, whereas here she goes mental and tries to acquire super powers with a shady ass doctor. Those plots just stuck out like a sore thumb for me.
- Jessica not losing it more on Trish more seemed unrealistic

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2018, 05:21:05 PM »
Killgrave and Jessica in the same scene elevate the series significantly

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2018, 06:22:08 PM »
- Zero defenders references? Ya we saw Shaggy or whatever the hell his name is, (the lawyer)

How do you not know Foggy Nelson's name?

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2018, 07:31:23 PM »
Zoinks!