Herochat

Jessica Jones 2 Ep 10-13

Uhtceare

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
Jessica Jones 2 Ep 10-13
« on: March 09, 2018, 06:42:51 AM »
Is it weird that I kind of admire the two grifters? They worked a beautiful long-con on Jeri. Maybe I'd feel bad for her if she hadn't been such a colossal bitch and borderline murdered her wife.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:34:32 AM by AP »

altoon

• +8/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Jessica Jones 2 Ep 10-13
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 08:17:33 PM »
I liked how she got her revenge on them more.  And we got an appearance by Turk that didn't involve him getting his ass kicked.  And find out how he always gets out of trouble.

AP

• +89/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 09:26:52 PM »
Is it weird that I kind of admire the two grifters? They worked a beautiful long-con on Jeri. Maybe I'd feel bad for her if she hadn't been such a colossal bitch and borderline murdered her wife.

I'm glad it was all a scam since it would have been too convenient if the guy was legit.  I did feel somewhat sorry for her, though.  She was likable on the other Netflix shows she's appeared in, so I think that's where my reaction came from.

AP

• +89/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 12:13:35 AM »
So in episode 11, why is Jessica so disgusted with Malcolm having one night stands when she does the same thing?

altoon

• +8/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 02:20:27 AM »
I think it had more to do with her feeling like he was enabling Trish's bad behavior not the sleep together.  She didn't seem to really care that much when she initially found out.  Or about his other hook ups.

AP

• +89/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 11:28:29 AM »
That makes sense, I guess.  I saw episode 12.  I'm not sure I buy Alysa going after Trish.  Sure, she had a hand to play in the events that happened this season but it seemed a little forced.  And yeah, Hogarth's revenge was damn cold.  Always good to see Turk as well.

Also, random thought: does it seem like they are making more MCU references than Defenders references?  In more recent Marvel Netflix shows, they've been making a lot of references to each other while making fewer references to "The Incident" or any of the Avengers stuff (Punisher and Defenders didn't have MCU references from what I could tell and I think they briefly talked about "the incredible green guy" in Iron Fist and that's about it).  In Jessica Jones' second season, aside from the name Rand popping up and cameos by Turk and Foggy, there aren't too many Defenders connections.  Yet, The Raft comes up a lot, Oscar's kid has a Captain America toy that gets mentioned a bit, and the way Alysa is treated in prison seems to be a product of the Sokovia Accords in one form or another.  Just me?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:01:08 PM by AP »

AP

• +89/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 12:17:59 AM »
I finished it.  That's a pretty good way to end a season and I didn't expect the villain to get taken down like that.  All in all, it was a solid show.  It kept my interest better than the last season, but I still wish they would have given us a bit more action.  They probably have a decent budget to play with, so why not have a few fights scenes here or there?  Say what you will about Iron Fist, but I've always been more disappointed in this show for not having much in the way of action.  Anyway, I like where all the characters end up on this show and I'm interested to see what will happen next.  Also, I never thought Hellcat could work in this show, but I'm getting slowly convinced.

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 03:55:49 AM »
^ To the point on action. I feel the same way. We are signing up fo a comic book show, not an episode Law and Order: SVU.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 05:09:38 PM »
Just finished ep11. I like how they made the scientist not evil, but misguided. Crazy thing is he was more “heroic” and a better person then Jessica

Wonder when tenant was going to pop up. I hope he legit comes back

Uhtceare

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 05:43:19 PM »
I wonder if whoever wrote Purple Man's scenes played Arkham Knight?

AP

• +89/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »
Just finished ep11. I like how they made the scientist not evil, but misguided. Crazy thing is he was more “heroic” and a better person then Jessica

Yeah, they could have gone with the generic super soldier thing but gave it a more realistic spin.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 09:10:11 PM »
Just finished and overall wasn’t a fan. Thought most of the stories and subplots were meh. Decently acted though. Wish tennant was in it more. Can’t see me rewatching the season

Jessica’s mom getting taken out that way was intense. Mid conversation and bam!

So see the first stages hellcat being born. Wonder how they will do her costume

Also I feel Netflix released their first villian centered series (kidding of course). Jessica was a straight up menace this season. Legit how many crimes did she commit? Even during her flashbacks she was robbing ATMs and businesses on a whim. How much blood is on her hands?

AP

• +89/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 09:15:55 PM »
Just finished and overall wasn’t a fan. Thought most of the stories and subplots were meh. Decently acted though. Wish tennant was in it more. Can’t see me rewatching the season

Jessica’s mom getting taken out that way was intense. Mid conversation and bam!

So see the first stages hellcat being born. Wonder how they will do her costume

Also I feel Netflix released their first villian centered series (kidding of course). Jessica was a straight up menace this season. Legit how many crimes did she commit? Even during her flashbacks she was robbing ATMs and businesses on a whim. How much blood is on her hands?

Robbing things isn't as bad as killing or hurting people and it is something she stopped doing.  The whole thing with Dale is all on her though.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 09:23:30 PM »
Did she stop doing that though?

AP

• +89/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 09:55:34 PM »
Did she stop doing that though?

Yeah, I mean, we know she pays for her booze and stuff.  I think she stopped getting involved in that sort of lifestyle after Sterling died.  They were both getting involved in some dangerous stuff and, as far as she knew, he died because of it.