Herochat

Jessica Jones 2 Ep 5-9

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
Jessica Jones 2 Ep 5-9
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:55:37 AM »
Just watched episode 5.  That scene with the mom and her baby showing up at the killer's house was intense.  And Trish's mom knows Trish is on drugs but somehow, Jessica never clued in?  Also, I'm glad she got slapped.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Jessica Jones 2 Ep 5-9
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 09:37:54 AM »
So in episode 6, I kinda saw the end coming once she noticed the booze.  With Luke’s dad showing up in Luke Cage and Matt’s mom showing up in Daredevil, I wonder if “phase 2” of Marvel Netflix will deal with mommy/daddy issues.

Also, Malcolm is a former drug addict and he STILL does not realize Trish is on a bender?  Even after she jumps his bones like that?

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 07:26:25 PM »
Episode 7 is a flashback episode but it held my attention.  "I Want Your Cray Cray" is in my head now and we learn why Jessica never takes off the jacket, even in the summer.  As for epsode 8, it's now been firmly established that the bad guys in this show are an evil old hippy couple.  As for Malcolm, he's finally realizing Trish is on drugs so that's good.  I'm not sure about the healer stuff.  It's a bit too convenient and X-Menesque that Hogarth would just so happen to stumble upon a guy who can heal her ALS.  Considering the homeless nurse is suddenly a lesbian, I'm wondering if she's not taking her for a ride (pun not intended).

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 08:27:11 PM »
Episode 9 reminds me of how lazy the action sequences are.  It starts with Chang trying to kill them with a sniper rifle and ends with a fight between Jessica and Alysa.  That should have made for a decently action-packed episode but both scenes are over as quickly as hey begin and don't get very intense.  Also, I can't feel as sympathetic for Alysa as the show wants me to.  This season isn't spinning its wheels as bad as the first season did but it could use a little excitement.

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 05:15:38 PM »
The action in this show is really bad, like 90s quality.

Some genuine tension when the evil chick was playing the piano and the bbay wouldn't stop crying.

Some genuine feels when Trish said yes to getting married and Jessica had to watch and clap for a happy ending that she knew she would never have - Even if Trish screwed that up for herself later.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:27:17 PM by Bandido »

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 06:11:00 PM »
Just watching episode 5.  God I hope the bad guy is Dr Octopus.

-K-M-

• +13/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 08:26:00 PM »
About to start episode 8 and can’t say I’m really enjoying this season

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »
Just watched episode 5.  That scene with the mom and her baby showing up at the killer's house was intense.  And Trish's mom knows Trish is on drugs but somehow, Jessica never clued in?  Also, I'm glad she got slapped.

I was under the impression until we first see her use the inhaler she wasn't using. She was surprised by how long she was slept. Also Jess only interacted with her when they both had their adrenaline going when they find the woman and then at the proposal.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 10:54:40 PM »

I was under the impression until we first see her use the inhaler she wasn't using. She was surprised by how long she was slept. Also Jess only interacted with her when they both had their adrenaline going when they find the woman and then at the proposal.

Yeah, that was the first time she used it.  Jess knew she had it and Trish even said she wanted to use it.  Then they go find the nurse.  One minute, Trish is downstairs and is relatively calm.  A few minutes later, she's running up the stairs all sweaty, has dilated pupils, can't stand still, and is overly aggressive with the nurse.  I expected Jessica to turn and at least ask if she was okay.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 01:24:16 AM »
"I want your cray cray" might be the worst fake pop song ever.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 07:35:31 AM »

Yeah, but I think it was meant to be a shitty pop song that might be popular for about a week before disappearing.  It's like the MCU's version of the Milkshake song.

Bran Mak Morn

• +16/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 08:10:35 AM »
  Jess knew she had it and Trish even said she wanted to use it.  Then they go find the nurse.  One minute, Trish is downstairs and is relatively calm.  A few minutes later, she's running up the stairs all sweaty, has dilated pupils, can't stand still, and is overly aggressive with the nurse.  I expected Jessica to turn and at least ask if she was okay.

I was under the impression Jess doesn't know about the inhaler or what it does.
Jess never saw Simpson use it, only Trish did on the movie set.

Simpson was already high when he confronted Jess before he was killed.
The Jess found the inhaler & hid it in Simpson's weapons bag...which Jess only glanced at the contents.

And I guess Jess was only ever used to seeing Trish high & partying rather than high & aggressive so she never makes the connection.

Bran Mak Morn

• +16/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 08:15:18 AM »
Jess knew she had it and Trish even said she wanted to use it. 

Wasn't that referring to the modified taser?
That's the only thing Jess knew Trish took from Simpson's bag.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 10:32:03 AM »
  Jess knew she had it and Trish even said she wanted to use it.  Then they go find the nurse.  One minute, Trish is downstairs and is relatively calm.  A few minutes later, she's running up the stairs all sweaty, has dilated pupils, can't stand still, and is overly aggressive with the nurse.  I expected Jessica to turn and at least ask if she was okay.

I was under the impression Jess doesn't know about the inhaler or what it does.
Jess never saw Simpson use it, only Trish did on the movie set.

Simpson was already high when he confronted Jess before he was killed.
The Jess found the inhaler & hid it in Simpson's weapons bag...which Jess only glanced at the contents.

And I guess Jess was only ever used to seeing Trish high & partying rather than high & aggressive so she never makes the connection.

They both find the inhaler and make the connection.  They've known about his drugs for a while now so there's no secret there.

Aside from that, she saw Trish on Simpson's drugs in the first season and, really, Trish's actions while on Simpsons super soldier drugs aren't all that different from real drugs, aside from the superhuman strength.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 03:17:13 PM »

Yeah, but I think it was meant to be a shitty pop song that might be popular for about a week before disappearing.  It's like the MCU's version of the Milkshake song.

Oh yeah I get that but they made it too bad. I almost walked out of the room I was cringing so hard at it.