SCOURGEBREAKER HULK

fangirl101

• +36/-57
  • Didn't see Wonder Woman yet so no spoilers BITCHES
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Surfer VS Orion
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 04:16:42 AM »
Orion.

Surfers track record against Thor isn't great. And Orion is faster and stronger than Thor.

The Shuruku Demon

• +25/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 07:33:50 AM »
If we go by the actual fight that saw print, Surfer wins. If we put that to one side for the sake of argument though, then I'd say they're pretty evenly matched.

While I regard Thor and Orion as peers, Thor's only wins against the Surfer happened during Blood & Thunder, when he was going all-out and the Surfer likely wasn't. When they fought more recently, they looked pretty even. The Surfer also defeated Beta Ray Bill decisively, and was said to be the most powerful of a group including Bill and Gladiator in another story.

fangirl101

• +36/-57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 09:20:00 AM »
If we go by the actual fight that saw print, Surfer wins. If we put that to one side for the sake of argument though, then I'd say they're pretty evenly matched.

While I regard Thor and Orion as peers, Thor's only wins against the Surfer happened during Blood & Thunder, when he was going all-out and the Surfer likely wasn't. When they fought more recently, they looked pretty even. The Surfer also defeated Beta Ray Bill decisively, and was said to be the most powerful of a group including Bill and Gladiator in another story.
Who has ever 9ne shot Superman with an Energy Blast besides Orion? And Grant Morrison made it clear that the Nee Gods Kept having new manifestations of themselves. So those clearly were different manifestations in the Hunger.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 12:56:05 PM »

Surfer straight up said that he wasn't holding back against Thor in SS 86 and lost.

XerxesTWD

• +82/-24
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 01:10:13 PM »

Surfer straight up said that he wasn't holding back against Thor in SS 86 and lost.
I've seen lots of characters say they aren't holding back and then lose. Were they holding back still and lying or were they giving it everything they had and lost?

The Shuruku Demon

• +25/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 02:20:52 PM »

Who has ever 9ne shot Superman with an Energy Blast besides Orion?

Metron did it in the same issue.

And Grant Morrison made it clear that the Nee Gods Kept having new manifestations of themselves. So those clearly were different manifestations in the Hunger.

If you're going down that route, you might as well abandon any pretense of knowing how Orion would perform against the Surfer, since you'd have no way to predict what sort of manifestation of Orion would show up on the day.

The Shuruku Demon

• +25/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 02:24:46 PM »

I think what the Surfer meant there is that he was no longer going to pull his punches against Thor, as he'd presumably been doing up to that point. But there's a difference between taking off the kid gloves, and truly going all-out, especially when we're talking about the kind of all-out that's fueled by insanity. Thor's strength was fueled by his madness, and the Surfer had no such madness to draw on.

fangirl101

• +36/-57
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »

Who has ever 9ne shot Superman with an Energy Blast besides Orion?

Metron did it in the same issue.

And Grant Morrison made it clear that the Nee Gods Kept having new manifestations of themselves. So those clearly were different manifestations in the Hunger.

If you're going down that route, you might as well abandon any pretense of knowing how Orion would perform against the Surfer, since you'd have no way to predict what sort of manifestation of Orion would show up on the day.
I went that route because we know for sure all of the New Gods got more powerful over time due their nature.  The Hunger suggest this happened far in the past. Orion fought the Infinity man, who would be at the shot out of Silver Surfer for an extended period and not even Superman dates enter the fight.

Red Exodus

• +10/-20
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 06:12:58 PM »
as he'd presumably been doing up to that point.

Pretty much. Surfer even states that he "was loathe" to go all out on him because he
was someone Surfer considered an ally, and he was concerned about seriously harming
him.

Against a Thor who was under Warrior Madness, which is a power-up.

Get your facts straight, that wasn't a normal portrayal of Thor.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 06:15:30 PM by Red Exodus »

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 09:20:06 PM »
..still continuing this lie that WM is a powerup eh? ok.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2018, 10:06:58 PM »

I've seen lots of characters say they aren't holding back and then lose. Were they holding back still and lying or were they giving it everything they had and lost?
So Surfer said that for nothing, eh?

I think what the Surfer meant there is that he was no longer going to pull his punches against Thor, as he'd presumably been doing up to that point. But there's a difference between taking off the kid gloves, and truly going all-out, especially when we're talking about the kind of all-out that's fueled by insanity. Thor's strength was fueled by his madness, and the Surfer had no such madness to draw on.
Any proof of this BS you are peddling? Surfer straight up said that he was done holding back.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111186194/4675372-thorvssilversurfer07.jpg

Also Thor was only in an adrenaline rush the whole time, he wasn't "fueled by madness".

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »
as he'd presumably been doing up to that point.

Pretty much. Surfer even states that he "was loathe" to go all out on him because he
was someone Surfer considered an ally, and he was concerned about seriously harming
him.

Against a Thor who was under Warrior Madness, which is a power-up.

Get your facts straight, that wasn't a normal portrayal of Thor.
Power up? Thor wasn't under warrior madness as informed. He was just under adrenaline rush due to his madness.

Get your facts correct first.