Herochat

Is Black Adam evil,neutral or a Machiavellian person?

Animalia

• +6/-7
  • Ca nisciun รจ fess!!!
    • View Profile
Is Black Adam evil,neutral or a Machiavellian person?
« on: February 27, 2018, 06:57:58 AM »
Despite finding him interesting yet I can say I know a lot about him.
What kind of person is he?
Ty in advance.

Whiskeyclone

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Is Black Adam evil,neutral or a Machiavellian person?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »
His old portrayals had him pretty generically evil. When Johns brought him into the "modern" DCU it was as a neutral/anti-hero, which I think is the portrayal that most resonated. He'll do anything for his country, has friendships with some heroes, is decidedly not "evil"...but is also quick to kill and has an authoritarian streak.

I have no clue if he's been active recently or how he was last portrayed.

shadowknight

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:17:52 PM »
BA is basically a more realistic SH, in the sense he's not afraid to kill if he feels the person is a scumbag. Nevertheless he has honor and will protect his country and world so he sometimes do side with heroes. But in the back of his mind he thinks those with powers who therefore are superior b/c of power or intelligence should be the 1 running things. Given he's originally from a Quasi-Egyptian background when the Pharoahs ran things it's more realistic than Thor or Hercules having respect for mayors, politicians ect.

Whiskeyclone

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 03:01:10 PM »
Well it all kind of makes sense together to some extent, right? Adam was out of play for thousands of years and so wouldn't have had time to evolve with human views & societies. The other two stayed more actively involved in human affairs, I think.