Herochat

So I guess I started a podcast?

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
Re: So I guess I started a podcast?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2018, 08:59:03 AM »
Pick a list of teams you all know something about and then draw them out of a hat so (unless the FIX is in) it should create a sense of urgency.

JLA should probably be the next team. Then maybe a crossover all-female team where you can't pick 2 characters in a row from the same company.

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 06:06:14 PM »
In the last few weeks, between folks approaching us on Twitter or folks we met at Steel City Con, we have a lot of people wanting us to review their books/products. One guy wants us to do a dust jacket blurb or something for a comic he is releasing. We also met a guy with a T-shirt company who said he could put us in contact with Rick Veitch for an interview.

I'm reading and writing a blog review on a book someone sent us called "Invasion From Planet Wrestletopia", and it's actually a really funny book.

ProjectCornDog

• +11/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 05:49:03 PM »
Hows the podcast going? I have to tune in. Hope your audience is continuously growing!

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2018, 01:53:49 AM »
just downloaded a few

Will watch. Like a distant but loving father..my critique will be fair but brutal

I will so little in regard in compliments (for compliment for the weak and women)...and a high level of ridcule

Only way you know I like is if I give that knowing half smile like from the movie whiplash

And may the gods protect you if your not on my Tempo

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2018, 07:52:16 AM »
Hows the podcast going? I have to tune in. Hope your audience is continuously growing!

We are doing all right. Website views aren’t where I want them to be yet, but to be fair, we have put like a total of $10 into actual advertising online at this point. I keep meaning to do some ads on Twitter and FB and stuff, but I get distracted.

We are growing though. We are still recording every week and we are on a TON of platforms now (iTunes, Stitcher, Apple podcasts, Tune In, Google Play, YouTube all off the top of my head. My cohosts loves the fact that he can just tell Alexa to play our show and it does.

We have a booth at Three Rivers Con coming up in May, and we will probably go around and try to interview as many creators that day as we can.

So we are still moving forward and getting bigger. Something like 1600 Twitter followers and email subscribers (each, not combined) so that is nice. Gotta start spending some ad money though.

And I always post our new episode every Tuesday in my signature here ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 08:13:31 AM by Not BAMF »

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2018, 08:15:33 AM »
Also, we have a few things coming up. Next Sunday night I am guest starring on another comic book podcast, on the 13th, we are all guest starring on a movie podcast, and on the 19th, we are having a guest star from a video game horror podcast. So we are in the community!

ProjectCornDog

• +11/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2018, 06:02:58 PM »

So we are still moving forward and getting bigger. Something like 1600 Twitter followers and email subscribers (each, not combined) so that is nice. Gotta start spending some ad money though.

And I always post our new episode every Tuesday in my signature here ;)

Very nice start! Cant be underestimated. You should continuously be looking for new ways to grow and new ways to build the community. Have you thought about making a Facebook group for fans of the show? Building enthusiasm through your already large following is a great way to build your brand.

Theres plenty of free things you can do. Put together a few images and post them on Instagram with relevant hashtags is just one example (I've noticed you can build up quick engagement with a public Instagram account).

Very nice stuff Not BAMF

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2018, 07:48:48 PM »

Very nice start! Cant be underestimated. You should continuously be looking for new ways to grow and new ways to build the community. Have you thought about making a Facebook group for fans of the show? Building enthusiasm through your already large following is a great way to build your brand.

Theres plenty of free things you can do. Put together a few images and post them on Instagram with relevant hashtags is just one example (I've noticed you can build up quick engagement with a public Instagram account).

Very nice stuff Not BAMF

Thanks, man. I spend a lot of time on Twitter and I have started all of our YouTube stuff recently. I have done a shit job paying attention to Instagram, but I think Andy has started posting some teasers and what-have-you there. We have a Facebook... page? Or Group? I am not sure which. I have heard one is better than the other, but I can't recall, haha.

ProjectCornDog

• +11/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2018, 11:11:39 AM »

Very nice stuff Not BAMF

Thanks, man. I spend a lot of time on Twitter and I have started all of our YouTube stuff recently. I have done a shit job paying attention to Instagram, but I think Andy has started posting some teasers and what-have-you there. We have a Facebook... page? Or Group? I am not sure which. I have heard one is better than the other, but I can't recall, haha.

Both but in my opinion a group for engagement. And once you have people in the group, I'd do things like free contests and shit "have a guest segment on the next podcast" or "get your answers questioned on the next podcast" or something.

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2018, 09:29:26 AM »
just listen to the venom one pretty good. good audio and sound effects actully professional

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2018, 12:21:50 PM »
just listen to the venom one pretty good. good audio and sound effects actully professional

Yeah, just don't spend too much time on our older episodes when we had a much crappier microphone. Oy.

Not BAMF

• +22/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2018, 09:50:54 AM »
We put up a video of our Halloween party from Saturday, so you can enjoy us all singing karaoke really badly.

https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/10/31/the-gots-annual-halloween-party/