Herochat

So I guess I started a podcast?

Not BAMF

• +20/-13
    • View Profile
So I guess I started a podcast?
« on: February 24, 2018, 07:58:03 AM »
https://gotstratosphere.com

This is moving a lot faster than I wanted, but my buddy was all "Let's get it started!" one night and created our webpage and put an extremely early and preliminary version out there.

We've been recording every week for several weeks now. Probably have about 6-7 complete shows ready to publish at this point? I wanted to have a lot more than that, but I tend towards having a HUGE queue of things and getting paralyzed by never thinking its enough. So he and I will have to mitigate each other.

Anyway, yeah, we have a comic book podcast and blog now. I figure you assholes will be good for some constructive criticism. Let me know what you think.

Right now, the plan is to do two ~45 minute shows per week of various topics (Current Events, Top Ten List, Weekly Debate/Topic/Versus, Read Pile/Reviews) per show.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/09/18/show-9-18-18-study-hall/ (Is Marvel Munchkin any good? We play it and let you know. Then we discuss the best comics centered on kids and/or school)

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Re: So I guess I started a podcast?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 11:18:45 AM »
cool beans.

Dlbiininja

• +112/-13212
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 12:03:39 AM »
Good shit dude.  Machine Man is actually one of my faves.  Interesting character and often undersold.
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Not BAMF

• +20/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 09:18:28 AM »
Good shit dude.  Machine Man is actually one of my faves.  Interesting character and often undersold.

That's my cohort's blog. He fucking LOVES Machine man. Goes on about him all the time.

Another podcast episode went up yesterday. And I threw together a blog on first comics I ever owned.
https://gotstratosphere.com/2018/09/18/show-9-18-18-study-hall/ (Is Marvel Munchkin any good? We play it and let you know. Then we discuss the best comics centered on kids and/or school)

MTL76

• +1133/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 12:25:15 PM »
Pretty cool. You guys sound a lot more polished than I was expecting.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Not BAMF

• +20/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 12:34:01 PM »
Thanks, man; we have been trying our best. I still hear a lot of flubs I don't like or breaks that aren't super smooth, but we get better every week so far. We MAY start using a better quality sound system in a week or two because I think our "Rookie" guy bought some new equipment, but I think we've been doing okay in the early going with what we have.

Mightily Oats

• +76/-581
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 12:14:30 AM »
Based on everything I've ever read you say on this website, I think your personal tastes and opinions are completely ridiculous and ill-thought out and I have zero interest in hearing what you have to say on most any subject. Basically, not only do I rarely if ever agree with your opinion, your perspective on the matter rarely makes any sense. Like you're not smart enough to justify your own opinion.

However, your political views seem very copacetic and similar to my own so I find it genuinely confusing. Usually it's people who I share a sense of humour with who don't think the same way about the world that I do somehow. But with you it's not only that, but having completely different tastes.

Long story short, good luck, but I don't care.

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 02:39:18 AM »
Oats can always be counted on to doll out the feel-goods.

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 02:42:06 AM »
Although I admit, Bamf does have shitty taste in everything, I'll still give it a listen.

Not BAMF

• +20/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 06:33:50 PM »
Although I admit, Bamf does have shitty taste in everything, I'll still give it a listen.

You and I have, like, the same taste in characters! Spidey, Dragon, Hellboy, etc.

Anyway, we seem to be in a schedule of posting new podcasts every Tuesday and Thursday. I can't objectively say whether or not these are any good because A) I hate the sound of my own voice and assume every else should too, and B) I have so much fun recording these that I enjoy them regardless. So I waver a lot.

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 06:59:03 PM »

You and I have, like, the same taste in characters! Spidey, Dragon, Hellboy, etc.

Characters, yes, but everything else no.  You once claimed the 90's was the worst decade in music.

XerxesTWD

• +96/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 05:55:20 PM »

Characters, yes, but everything else no.  You once claimed the 90's was the worst decade in music.
Which is weird since Weezer is/was his favorite for a long time.

Wyntyr

• +112/-83
  • Literally The Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 08:33:05 PM »
Not Bamf is the worst
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches

XerxesTWD

• +96/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 08:45:57 PM »
BAMF was way better. I can't believe they banned that guy.

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 09:42:28 PM »
BAMF was way better. I can't believe they banned that guy.

I blame Buddy Scaleria.