Herochat

MARVEL relaunch...again!

Upper_Krust

• +22/-55
    • View Profile
Re: MARVEL relaunch...again!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 02:45:07 PM »
To me, six is good, eight is too much.

That's my opinion as well, seven at a push, or temporarily.

But thinking more about the team composition I am wondering where the 'friction' will come from?

I guess Tony and Carol won't see eye to eye given the events of Civil War 2. But I'm wondering how the rest will gel or not - making for an interesting team dynamic. I can see more similarities than contrasts.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 04:51:42 PM »
She-Hulk looks too muscular.

Thor’s golden arm looks a bit boring.

Captain Marvel is the kiss of death to any series. They really should shelve her for a while. She’s so damn boring.

Any Ghost Raider seems like a bad fit for an Avengers team unless they radically change the typical Ghost Rider personality.

Decent line-up but I’d rather have Wasp than Captain Marvel, and I’d rather have Kid or Teen Loki over Doctor Strange (though I don’t know what they’re doing with Loki nowadays.)

I feel this team is supposed to be the modern version of avengers 1,000,000bc. that’s why ghost rider is there

Odin - Thor
Black Panther - black Panther
Ghost rider - ghost rider
Starbrand - she Hulk/iron man
Agamotto - dr strange
Phoenix - captain marvel (binary)
Iron fist - captain America

We know avengers 1,000,000 bc will be in the new book too

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:54:22 PM by -K-M- »

Riv1

• +63/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 12:58:05 AM »
The line up doesnt bother me, as that can and will, change.
What i like is, whatever happens, its going to be in this one book. If they stick to this, and quality remains high, they'll reap the benefits of not over saturating the market.

Wealth & Fame he ignores, breaking scourge, is his reward. Look out!

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 03:11:42 AM »
How did the multiple Avenger books sell?

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2018, 05:55:39 AM »

Riv1

• +63/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2018, 06:09:23 AM »
I care more about how good they werent.

Strange

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 07:30:54 AM »
I care more about how good they werent.

Quality and quantity don't really have much to do with one and another in this case. There being multiple Avenger books literally had no impact on quality because all of the books were self-contained and weren't overlapping.

I like the idea of multiple Avenger book. Gives you something different in case you don't like one. if they don't overlap, there is no danger of over saturation and writers can do there own thing until events roll through.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 08:22:35 AM »
I agree. I mean, I liked the idea of Uncanny Avengers. Just a unity squad of different types (Avengers, Inhumans, Mutants...Deadpool) and trying to show they all can work together and strive for the greater good.

And...It doesn't seem fair that there will be one Avengers book to...I think the X-Men have four?

Riv1

• +63/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2018, 08:33:37 AM »
Agree to disagree.
Or somewhat agree, as the quality was overall bad on the multiple books, so,  it evened out.

And, Deadpool as an Avenger is proof of bad quality.

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2018, 08:37:59 AM »
Can multiple Avengers books work? Sure. I liked the whole East and West Coast Avenger thing back in the day. But the current titles were all pretty bad.

And I did think a “unity” squad was a good idea but there’s no reason you can’t have a mutant or two on the Avengers. I thought Rogue and Havok made for good Avengers, and the dynamic between Rogue and Scarlet Witch was great when the unity squad first formed.

Basically, anything can work under good creative teams.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:03:44 AM by MTL76 »

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Riv1

• +63/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2018, 08:49:12 AM »
Can multiple Avengers books work? Sure. I liked the whole East and West Coast Avenger thing back in the day. But the current titles were all pretty bad.

And I did think a “unity” squad was a best idea but there’s no reason you can’t have a mutant or two on the Avengers. I thought Rogue and Havok made for good Avengers, and the dynamic between Rogue and Scarlet Witch was great when the unity squad first formed.

Basically, anything can work under good creative teams.
Totally agree.
East/West Coast Avengers was fine.
Mutants have been on the team since issue 16 or 17 of the original book.
Beast was developed into a great character on the Avengers, when he was kicked off the X title in favor of the newer characters...then they stole him back after all the work had been put in.
My bad, ranting.
But yeah, Avengers is a book where lesser used mutants can easily be given screen time.

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2018, 11:41:05 AM »
I can see the reasoning behind a Unity team.

It's one thing to have some mutants on the Avengers, but it's another to make a big deal about it and be explicitly pro-mutant, anti-bigotry. Especially with Havok leading the team and Cap publicly ceding leadership.

I can easily see some of the MU's citizens--those whose bigotry is fueled not by outright hate but by ignorance and stupidity--being swayed. "Well, if Captain America says mutants are all right, they can't be that bad."

I remember in CAP #350 (the one where Steve becomes Cap again and the Red Skull returns), Cap worries that mutants are being scapegoated for Inferno and that he should do something to advocate for them, maybe get more mutants on the Avengers. Heh.

(Side question: Aside from Pietro and Wanda, who have checkered histories, and this unity team, how many of the Avengers have the public known to be mutants?)
Truten forever!

NeoGreenLantern

• +91/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2018, 11:48:14 AM »
Well I can't think of any mutant Avenger that isn't also an X-Men so all of them?

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 01:42:21 PM »
Other then the obvious ones: Justice, storm, firestar, namor, squirrel girl are also mutants that we’re on the team

Is Sam Wilson/falcon a mutant?

Thanos6

• +19/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 02:17:32 PM »
No, they thought he may have been at one point but it turned out he's not.
Truten forever!