Herochat

Should democrats run on gun control as part of thier platform

therock

• +36/-64
    • View Profile
Re: Should democrats run on gun control as part of thier platform
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 01:06:20 AM »
There already are numerous limitations on the Second Amendment, and they vary in severity by state. States are free to adopt stricter gun regulations as their populace desires. I'd sooner that happen than consider any changes to the Second Amendment itself. I don't think a one-size-fits-all approach is going to work. The gun culture in rural Texas is too different from the (lack of) gun culture in some place like New York City.

Thing is guns kind of a thing that need a cross the board rule. Other wise it easier to get guns in any states. You need some national rules as long as it sensable. Rules that most guns owner agree...by a LARGE number.

Some of this stuff hit 90's. So it not like people putting out radical...stuck in a liberal bubble ideas when your hitting those number

But the nra doesnt represent gun owner...they represent gun manafacturers

Thanos6

• +18/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 04:09:09 PM »
The gun culture in rural Texas

That culture should change or be changed. And I say that as someone from the rural South who's surrounded by it.
Truten forever!

Tjackflash

• +3/-35
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 08:03:23 PM »
   I'd be happy if any politician, Dem or Rep would just call out the gutless bastards on both sides of the aisle and say;  "The NRA will not buy my vote with Campaign donations, nor will I let the threat of their members not being told to not vote for me in coming elections stop me from doing what I think is best for the safety of the citizens of this country."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:31:06 PM by Tjackflash »
'cause justice is the one thing you should always find.

Snake-eyes

• +13/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2018, 05:55:19 AM »
People don't want to solve the issue, they just want to ban the scary gun and when that doesn't stop the mass shootings, they'll want to ban the next gun and then the next etc etc.

XerxesTWD

• +74/-22
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2018, 01:10:57 PM »
People don't want to solve the issue, they just want to ban the scary gun and when that doesn't stop the mass shootings, they'll want to ban the next gun and then the next etc etc.
What is the solution to the issue?

Snake-eyes

• +13/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2018, 01:37:26 PM »
A start would be actually enforcing all the laws we currently have on the books, getting law enforcement to actually do their jobs, improve mental health screenings and background checks.

IMO those would do far more than "OMG, ban the scary looking gun".

Bran Mak Morn

• +12/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2018, 04:48:09 PM »
improve mental health screenings and background checks.

So just say a member of your family had mental health issues or a criminal record, would you then ban the entire family from owning a gun & storing it in the same household?

Otherwise what's the point in using mental health as a scapegoat?

therock

• +36/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2018, 10:38:16 PM »
wouldnt mind some money for mental health issues

but that been cut. Also undid provision aimed at people with mental health issues.  Also the people who enforce the issues had their funding cut over the years. Or it restrictions like not allowing them to computirize reocords