Herochat

Batman vs Kitty Pryde

Riv1

• +48/-1023
    • View Profile
Re: Batman vs Kitty Pryde
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 05:45:57 PM »
If she can beat Midnighter (she can)

That thread was my proudest moment on Herochat.
And one of my greatest creations.
Shit, i just now realized that musta disappeared when my posts were erased.

Bummer, yeah.

Panthergod

• +40/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 05:59:38 PM »
Batman wins.

With what tactics? I'm genuinely curious as to what he'll use to fight off someone who can phase through all his attacks and most of his gadgets, insta-maim/kill him by dropping him into something, and hit him while remaining phased.

Who is also a solid fighter on her own.

Same ones Cassandra Cain used against Shadow Thief.

Commander

• +19/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 08:50:50 PM »
Was there an explanation how she was able to hit Shadow Thief? IIRC, she simply copied his moves but not sure how her copying martial arts skill translate to her KOing Shadow Thief.

MTL76

• +1119/-13
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 09:06:56 PM »
Shadow Thief had to turn tangible to hit her, and she hit him in the chest, which made him have a heart attack.

Kitty doesn’t need to turn tangible to mess someone up.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Commander

• +19/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 09:48:11 PM »
OK, thanks for the explanation about that fight.

Letters

• +4/-823
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 10:22:26 PM »
Batman throws a knockout gas grenade. Kitty turns intangible. Batman sneaks up on her and scares her. Kitty inhales the gas due to her frightening surprise. Knockout.

Almighty Tallest

• +2/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 10:29:58 PM »
You can't really startle her into doing that. Firstly she's an actual ninja, so sneaking up on her in the middle of a fight is gonna be hard even for Batman.

Secondly she's got so much control over her powers she can walk on molecules and phase certain parts of her body. Her entire body could be phased while her hands and feet are solid to hit him. Or she could just phase the ground under him and let him fall into nothingness.

Letters

• +4/-823
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 10:46:51 PM »
Batman sneaks up on way more skilled ninjas all the time. And she's a girl, so she's inherently frightened.

He might just scare her out of intangible mode and smack her up.

Dlbiininja

• +22/-11010
  • Destroyer of father of socks self-esteem 😂😂😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 11:38:06 PM »
If she can beat Midnighter (she can), she can beat Batman.
The reason she can beat Midnighter so effectively would not apply here.

Ruh? How so.  Her being in a phased state isn't something that is noticeable until she makes it so.  She'd honestly be able to give bats a hell of a fight. She's not a subpar rookie.  And if she opted to even partially phase bats into anything it's instantly over.  For as long as I've read bats and I could have missed something I don't recall him countering someone while phased. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Not BAMF

• +13/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 08:39:18 AM »
If she can beat Midnighter (she can), she can beat Batman.
The reason she can beat Midnighter so effectively would not apply here.

Ruh? How so.  Her being in a phased state isn't something that is noticeable until she makes it so.  She'd honestly be able to give bats a hell of a fight. She's not a subpar rookie.  And if she opted to even partially phase bats into anything it's instantly over.  For as long as I've read bats and I could have missed something I don't recall him countering someone while phased.

The reason Kitty beats Midnighter with contemptuous ease is the fact that he has a computer inside him, and when Kitty phases through electronics, they malfunction and blow up. He's a walking, talking weakness to her.

Bats doesn't have that problem.

Still, this is a 50/50 situation at worst for her. He COULD beat her if his circumstances and timing are flawlessly perfect, but if he is off even by a fraction, she's going to get him.
https://gotstratosphere.com/ - Ghosts Of The Straosphere

fangirl101

• +36/-57
  • Didn't see Wonder Woman yet so no spoilers BITCHES
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 12:36:40 PM »
First of fucking all, Batman sneaks up and away on amd from fucking Mind reading, invisible, superstar, phasing Martians. Kitty is shit here.

Not BAMF

• +13/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 12:52:01 PM »
So the standard for this fight is that Batman is hunting Kitty, and she has no idea where he is or that she's being hunted?

And are you talking about Morrison's run on JLA where the martians had an utter contempt for and lack of respect for Batman's abilities, and he knew their weakness when they had no idea he knew it?

fangirl101

• +36/-57
  • Didn't see Wonder Woman yet so no spoilers BITCHES
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2018, 01:42:00 PM »
So the standard for this fight is that Batman is hunting Kitty, and she has no idea where he is or that she's being hunted?

And are you talking about Morrison's run on JLA where the martians had an utter contempt for and lack of respect for Batman's abilities, and he knew their weakness when they had no idea he knew it?
How many times has he gotten the drop on Flashes or Elites and Kitty is supposed to be a threat her? She is Kod with sonics and blinded with flash grenades. Bitch still needs to see.

INDRA THUNDERER

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2018, 02:13:42 PM »

Except Batman has snuck up on Superman,& the JLA so precedence is real!

Not BAMF

• +13/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2018, 03:31:18 PM »
And then he defeated them in a non-prep-time-based fight? Or is the precedence both real AND irrelevant? Were they actively engaged in combat with him when he snuck up on them?

Look, I'm not saying Kitty wins this fight. But I AM saying "OMG HE IS SNEEKY" is the stupidest rationale in the universe here.