Herochat

New Cloverfield movie trailer... NETFLIX TONIGHT

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
Re: New Cloverfield movie trailer... NETFLIX TONIGHT
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 08:00:57 PM »
but love how it could explain the unexplainable.

Did it?  I just rolled my eyes at the superbowl commercial telling us we'd find answers in a JJ Abrams created franchise.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people keep expecting JJ Abrams to live up to the hype he creates.  He's like a more successful M Night Shaymalan in that he relies on a certain gimmick and isn't nearly as clever as he thinks he is.

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 10:05:28 PM »
I liked this

but the more I think about it, it really didnt need to be part of cloverfield. Since it just slowed things down with the scenes on earth and you kind of knew they would be doom.

Also the cloverifield monster always not as scary when you see it

Bran Mak Morn

• +16/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 12:27:17 AM »
Was there only one monster in the 1st?
I can’t remember.

Cos if there was only one, they really upsized it for this one...head & shoulders breaking through the cloud cover.

pittfox

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 01:35:03 AM »
Yes just one. At the end of this movie he says these things are down here implying there are more. This one looked much bigger.

-K-M-

• +13/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 04:42:14 PM »
Saw it. Wasn’t a huge fan. Premise was interesting and the start intrigued me but then was a dud.

Nothing also came of the severed arm? Like really??

Uhtceare

• +20/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 05:52:28 PM »
The Star Trek episode with billion alternate Enterprizes was a better take on the same core idea.

-K-M-

• +13/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 10:37:53 PM »
I can’t remember.

Cos if there was only one, they really upsized it for this one...head & shoulders breaking through the cloud cover.

Apparently that could be the original cloverfield monsters mother. Abraham’s said the one in the first movie was just a baby

Bran Mak Morn

• +16/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2018, 12:25:43 AM »
I can’t remember.

Apparently that could be the original cloverfield monsters mother. Abraham’s said the one in the first movie was just a baby

So from memory....they were just big monsters that caused destruction & death by their sheer size?

No atomic breath or lasers from their eyes?

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2018, 02:57:30 AM »
ICT bro - could they take Yaegers? Could Godzilla Final Wars or POTM take them?

-K-M-

• +13/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2018, 08:10:27 AM »
I can’t remember.

So from memory....they were just big monsters that caused destruction & death by their sheer size?

No atomic breath or lasers from their eyes?

Yeah just big. Though it also had parasites on its back, but would fall to the ground. if one of the parasites bite a human they would explode

Whiskeyclone

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 04:57:41 PM »
So the consensus among you guys who've seen it is that it's decent? Because I feel like the critics have been absolutely savaging it. I plan to try it out anyway, just haven't gotten around to it. I liked Lane, which I actually want to watch again soon.

Uhtceare

• +20/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 05:05:58 PM »
Lane is John Goodman giving 110%. There's no one in the new movie that elevates the material the way he did.

pittfox

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 05:58:33 PM »
So the consensus among you guys who've seen it is that it's decent? Because I feel like the critics have been absolutely savaging it. I plan to try it out anyway, just haven't gotten around to it. I liked Lane, which I actually want to watch again soon.

It's not that good. I give it maybe a 6/10. Has a few cool parts overall falls flat. That being said in terms of being a Cloverfield fan I enjoy it because of how it goes and explains things.

Bran Mak Morn

• +16/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 07:04:33 PM »

It's a mediocre to decent sci-fi disaster film.

IMO it's just disappointing that Cloverfield is trying so hard to be a franchise.

scourge

• +37/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 07:33:26 AM »
would rate this as not amazing, but not bad. Not as good as the other two Cloverfield movies, but it does more or less offer a lens through which to understand some of why the other movies happened. It peters out under it's own weight by the end, but there are some cool effects and solid cast.

I suspect the arm will be the only one who survives into the sequel.