Herochat

NotBAMF watched all the Royal Rumble matches... so you don't have to! (2017!)

Jabroniville

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Not BAMF watches all the Royal Rumble matches... so you don't have to!
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2015, 04:22:04 PM »
I think it was a misguided attempt at appealing to Latino fans, since by the time he was around, Rey was too injured to keep it going. The company was so desperate to appeal to them, that Del Rio is more or less that Minority Hire brought out to business meetings and keep up appearances as much as anything.

Not BAMF

• +22/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2015, 04:49:09 PM »
In other words, another shitty Royal Rumble winner, brought to us by Eddie Guerrero's untimely demise.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2015, 10:03:54 PM »
Who died to cause all these shitty RR reviews? :)

Not BAMF

• +22/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2015, 09:12:45 PM »
Who died to cause all these shitty RR reviews? :)

Now I know I have a heart... because it's breaking.  :'(

2012: What's Best For Blandness

The Participants

1. The Miz
2. Alex Riley
3. R-Truth
4. Cody Rhodes
5. Justin Gabriel
6. Primo
7. Mick Foley
8. Ricardo Rodriguez (having taken the night off from being 100% of Alberto Del Rio's charisma value)
9. Santino Marella
10. Epico (that's Spanish for what this Rumble isn't)
11. Kofi Kingston
12. Jerry Lawler
13. Ezekiel Jackson
14. Jinder Mahal
15. Great Khali
16. Hunico
17. Booker T
18. Dolph Ziggler
19. Jim Duggan
20. Michael Cole
21. Kharma (one of WWE's great whiffs)
22. Sheamus
23. Road-Dogg
24. An Uso (Just the one... the other never appears. I guess they couldn't BOTH crack this murderer's row of WWE talent)
25. Jack Swagger
26. Wade Barrett
27. David Otunga
28. Randy Orton
29. Chris Jericho
30. ......................................................................... The Big Show.

The Final Four

4th - Big Show (eliminated by Orton)
3rd - Randy Orton (eliminated by Jericho)
2nd - Chris Jericho (eliminated by Sheamus)
WINNER - Sheamus

And, for the first time ever that I can recall, all members of the F4 are babyfaces. Huh.

Notes/Thoughts

-So before the match, the commentary team off-handedly makes the weird remark that this is the first Rumble "open to the entire WWE roster". I wasn't sure what that meant. I guess I'm still not, but... woof. This Rumble's lineup ends up being ALMOST as bad as 1995's.

-No pre-match video; just the standard "By The Numbers" thing. Even the prematch isn't excited for this one, guys.

-Honestly, we get through 6 whole entrances, and NOTHING was worth noting. After Primo was in the ring for a few seconds, I jotted down "Still waiting for something to happen". I ended up taking fewer notes on this Rumble than any I had reviewed since 2000. So maybe I didn't put forth MY best effort here, but... neither did WWE.

-Enormous pop at #7 for Mick Foley, but it takes only a few seconds to see that... Jesus, is this guy broken down. He can barely walk, much less move. Can you imagine the PAIN that has to come with just BEING Mick Foley at this stage in his life? And how do we, as fans, repay this? By lusting after his daughter. Go us!

-Ricardo apes Alberto Del Rio's ring entrance, complete with a busted-up junker car. His oblivious excitement earns him a "Ricardo!" chant. Foley helps Ricardo toss Justin Gabriel (a young up-and-comer, trying to make a place for himself, getting tossed by a nostalgia act and a comedy manager), and Ricardo acts like he just solved nuclear fusion. He runs around like a spaz and does a sliding celebration on his knees.

-More off-the-wall goofball comedy early, as Santino and Ricardo have an embarrassingly silly exchange before Marella pitches the ring announcer. He turns to face Foley, and the two have a Sock-Off with The Cobra fighting Socko. Epico interrupts, but gets them both for his trouble.

-Lawler enters from commentary, but only lasts about a minute.  Booker T is congratulatory, but Michael Cole (still a heel here) scoffs. Not long after, Booker makes his entrance from commentary. Cole spends Booker's whole run lamenting that Booker and Lawler have a job to be doing, and they are making a mockery of the Rumble. So it's pretty obvious what is still to come...

-This is the year that Kofi made his handstand save from elimination, walking over to the steps on his hands and re-entering the match. So... that's a thing.

-Cole, completely unsurprisingly, finally gets buzzed in, and he removes his suit to reveal a singlet. He enters, lasts more time than Jerry Lawler does, but then gets scared of Kharma, allowing Lawler and Booker to pull him out of the match.

-So, as a review, through #21, we've had: all three members of commentary; a female wrestler who should have had a decent run, but lasts only a few seconds (like Chyna and Beth Phoenix before her); Jim Duggan; a broken down Mick Foley just there to goof; a ring announcer/manager; and a bunch of jobbers, low-end midcarders, and comedy acts. 1995 isn't looking so bad these days.

-Miz and Cody end up with pretty good Iron Man runs (as they should... they are the ONLY real superstars before Ziggler at #18 and Sheamus at #22 and Swagger at #25).

-"You still got it!" chant for Road-Dogg. Hell, little did we know he was two years away from another run as tag champ here.

-Big deal, lights-out entrance for Jericho. The fans are appreciable.

-Jericho and Sheamus try to salvage SOMETHING as the final two, and they have a great little exhibition. Sheamus wins, and the fans do not like that one bit. It barely matters... BOTH guys would get title matches at WrestleMania (Sheamus against Bryan, and Jericho against Punk). I wonder how many times THAT has happened! Let's check...

So it happened here (2012)... it also happened in 2010 (Edge and Cena), 2008 (Cena and HHH were in a Triple Threat match with champ Orton), 2007 (Undertaker and Shawn), 2006 (Orton and Rey were in a Triple Threat match with champ Angle), and 2005 (Batista and Cena). It DIDN'T happen in 2009, but something similar did... the guy who came in second (HHH) won the title en route to 'Mania and defended against the winner of the Rumble (Orton).

So between 2005 and 2012, both the Royal Rumble winner and the runner-up were involved in a world title match in EVERY WRESTLEMANIA save one, and that was the one where Santino was the runner-up. Huh, I'll be darned.

ANYWAY, back to the show... this was a bad Rumble that tried to be saved by a GREAT final two pairing and some decent comedy bits that were a bit too hokey and overplayed.

Rankings

1. 2001 (Austin III) - 10/10

2. 2010 (Edge) - 9/10
3. 2004 (Benoit) - 9/10
4. 1992 (Flair) - 9/10

5. 2007 (The Undertaker) - 8/10
6. 1997 (Austin I) - 8/10
7. 1998 (Austin II) - 8/10

8. 2008 (Cena I) - 7/10
9. 2002 (HHH) - 7/10

10. 2005 (Batista I) - 6/10

11. 2003 (Lesnar) -5/10
12. 1989 (Studd) - 5/10
13. 1996 (Michaels II) - 5/10
14. 2011 (Del Rio) - 5/10
15. 1999 (McMahon) 5/10

16. 1993 (Yokozuna) - 4/10
17. 1990 (Hogan I) - 4/10
18. 1994 (Hart/Luger) - 4/10
19. 2009 (Orton) - 4/10

20. 2012 (Sheamus) - 3/10
21. 1991 (Hogan II) - 3/10
22. 2006 (Misterio) - 3/10
23. 2000 (The Rock) - 3/10

24. 1995 (Michaels I) - 2/10
25. 1988 (Duggan) - 2/10
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:27:23 PM by Not BAMF »

LiquidSailor

• +70/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2015, 09:28:35 PM »
I really wish Santino won in 2011.

DIGUSTING

Jabroniville

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2015, 04:36:03 PM »
These reviews really put a fine point on just how long we've been subjected to The Big Show. He's basically been omnipresent since *1997*, despite never even having above-average matches. The only breaks we've had are the rare times he's sent to training school to lose weight.

Not BAMF

• +22/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2015, 08:33:23 PM »
So I just wrapped up my watching and note-taking by powering through 2015's atrocity of a Rumble, and... man, it just me angry to even rewatch that. There have been bad years of the Rumble--I can certainly vouch for that after watching them all--and there have been years with little excitement or bad rosters or undeserving winners. But this is the first one that's completely tone-deaf and out-of touch and done seemingly in a way that was either designed to intentionally piss off the fans or just demonstrate how little WWE actually knows about the fanbase.

But I'll save the vitriol for when I actually get to it. Three more to write-up.

P.S.... Jab is correct. I've been cross-posting these elsewhere, and I just got my first "DEL RIO WAS AMAZING OMG" guy.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:39:00 PM by Not BAMF »

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2015, 10:13:22 PM »
Yeah, with 2014 I can see the logic. Batista is in a Marvel movie, it's going to be big (bigger than anyone expected)...but man, did the WWE just blow that one. Big Time. That has to be up their in the top five of WWE mistakes.

Not BAMF

• +22/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2015, 08:29:02 PM »
2013: Twice In A Lifetime

The Participants

1. Dolph Ziggler
2. Chris Jericho
3. Cody Rhodes (who JUST WRESTLED the match before this one! And lasts 27+ minutes here!)
4. Kofi Kingston
5. Santino Marella
6. Drew McIntyre
7. Titus O'Neil
8. Goldust
9. David Otunga
10. Heath Slater
11. Sheamus
12. Tensai
13. Brodus Clay
14. Rey Mysterio
15. Darren Young
16. Bo Dallas (if I recall correctly, this appearance pre-dated his actual roster call-up by QUITE some time)
17. The Godfather
18. Wade Barrett
19. John Cena
20. Damien Sandow
21. Daniel Bryan
22. Cesaro
23. The Great Khali
24. Kane
25. Zack Ryder
26. Randy Orton
27. Jinder Mahal
28. The Miz
29. Sin Cara
30. Ryback

Final Four

4th - Dolph Ziggler (eliminated by Sheamus)
3rd - Sheamus (eliminated by Ryback)
2nd - Ryback (overfed by John Cena)
WINNER - John Cena

Notes/Thoughts

-Dolph starts off the Rumble with a pretty vanilla heel promo. "I'm gonna win!" "I don't care who #2 is!" That kind of stuff. Nothing noteworthy, and it's certainly less than he's capable of.

-Jericho in at #2 WITHOUT A CHRISTIAN DECOY! Man, no respect for Dolph Ziggler, Jericho. Fans are, as always, super into a Y2J sighting, because he'd been gone for months.

-Commentary alerts me to the fact that Cody eliminated 6 guys in 2012! I actually hadn't noticed that at all, and maybe if commentary wasn't so busy taking turns in the ring that year, they could have kept track of that fact.

-Santino, funny as always. He enters, tosses EVERYONE over the top, but they all land on the apron. He celebrates until they re-enter and stare him down. He asks for a "timeout" to arm the Cobra, but they don't oblige. The best of this is perhaps unintentional, as a few moments later, while the camera is focusing on some action, you can see Santino doing the Sad Charlie Brown Walk in the background.

-Cody was still a pure heel here fighting with Goldust, and the commentary team ponders what Dr. Shelby could do for these two. It's a shame Shelby never became a recurring character after the Team Hell No angle resolved.

-By #10, Jericho and Ziggler have been after each other from the get-go. I'm finally clued in as to why: Ziggler beat Jericho in a match that nulled Y2J's contract a few months before at SummerSlam.

-Sheamus is the first guy to get the Newbie Dominance Run, as he enters at #11, flattens everyone, and pitches Titus and Otunga.

-Cody and Goldust have a good bit where they are both on the apron in threat of elimination until Cody finally gets his brother backwards and to the floor. BIG heat from the crowd for that elimination.

-Kofi gets dumped into the arms of an already-out Tensai, who slams Kingston on the announce table and leaves. Kofi asks JBL to borrow his chair, and then pogo-sticks on the chair back to the ring apron whereupon he is INSTANTLY Disaster Kicked out of the match by Cody. It's funny spot, but that's about all, and the fact that he never even gets back IN the ring makes it feel as useless as it was.

-Godfather comes out to great applause, but he is eliminated so quickly by Dolph that his music never even stops. In a great moment, Godfather is basically all "Aw shucks", and then struts back up the entranceway with his music playing and the hoes on his arms.

-Wade Barrett reminds me how much I want pants with my own name on them. Wrestlers have all the nice things!

-John Cena's music hits at #19, JBL mistakenly declares "No one here is on their feet!", and Cena hits the match like a tornado, making short work of Cody Rhodes and Heath Slater to eliminate them.

-Bryan gets another Newbie Dominance Moment, and the fans are already popping huge to his entrance. He comes out and No Kicks the hell out of everyone.

-I'm pretty sure that, for the first time ever, both tag champs, the IC champ, and the US champ are ALL in the Royal Rumble together (Bryan and Kane, Barrett, and Cesaro).

-The Great Khali is announced as "the first man to ever be eliminated by a Diva". I want to argue this point, but I guess Chyna was never a DIVA technically, right? So I guess, on a technicality, this is true.

-Ziggler makes a lot of big saves on attempted eliminations over the course of the match, and commentary appropriately builds him up for this, by making note of it when he does and talking about how hard he has fought to stay in the match. You know... just a reminder that they never did nearly enough with this guy.

-Best spot of the match is probably Bryan eliminating Kane from behind (sure sure... tag guys inexplicably turning on each other and all, but it made 100% sense here with their history... even though they'd both recent graduated from anger management), but is then tossed into Kane's arms by Cesaro. Bryan hangs onto Kane like a doll while they get into a "YES!/NO!" argument before Kane just drops him to the floor.

-So by the last few minutes of this match, my wife joins in watching for the first time ever in my reviewing of these. She points out that the whole premise is inherently unfair and does not like that guys get to come in fresh and have an advantage over people that have been there a while. She distracts me from the mundane-ness of this match for a bit by complaining every time a new guy gets to come out about how unfair this is. Also, she hates wrestling and thinks the WWE Network is the worst thing that ever happened to our household since I made her watch most of The Monday Night War.

-Dolph and Jericho both get a big Iron Man push and last to the Final Five. I was hoping they'd be on the F4 together, but Dolph eliminates Chris.

-The Final Four is boring after Dolph is out. Stuff happens, Cena wrongly wins over Ryback to set up, of course, Cena/Rock II where they work very hard to make us forget how good Cena/Rock I was.

This another bland Rumble without a whole lot of impact. I guess it's better than the two BOOOO-fests that follow it, but this one kind of felt like it was just killing time until Cena/Rock.

Rankings

2. 2010 (Edge) - 9/10
3. 2004 (Benoit) - 9/10
4. 1992 (Flair) - 9/10

8. 2008 (Cena I) - 7/10
9. 2002 (HHH) - 7/10

11. 2003 (Lesnar) -5/10
12. 1989 (Studd) - 5/10
15. 1999 (McMahon) 5/10

19 2013 (Cena II) - 4/10
20. 2009 (Orton) - 4/10

21. 2012 (Sheamus) - 3/10
22. 1991 (Hogan II) - 3/10
23. 2006 (Misterio) - 3/10
24. 2000 (The Rock) - 3/10

25. 1995 (Michaels I) - 2/10
26. 1988 (Duggan) - 2/10

Speed of Zound

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2015, 08:41:18 PM »
I think it was a misguided attempt at appealing to Latino fans, since by the time he was around, Rey was too injured to keep it going. The company was so desperate to appeal to them, that Del Rio is more or less that Minority Hire brought out to business meetings and keep up appearances as much as anything.
I made this observation once and people got mad. People on this site actually liked Del Rio once lol.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2015, 10:55:18 PM »
In Daniel Bryan's defense, he was a team player, showed Kane his number, hoping they'd work together...and Kane wouldn't cooperate. Sigh, thinking back to Team Hell No only reminds me how much I used to love Kane until the WWE--how the **** did we go from Team Hell No funny Kane to maskless, dress pant wearing, interfere in every match, boring Kane?

And yeah, Dr. Shelby should have been a reoccurring character. It'd be fun to have an anger management doctor for feuding wrestlers. And heck, what I find the funniest thing about the guy--he actually did get Kane and Bryan over their anger issues!

But in the WWE we don't get fun things. Like a world champion who occasionally appears or the most popular wrestler in the main event at WM. Heck, frickin' Bray Wyatt is practically imagining his feud with the UT its gotten so bad with part time wrestlers.

Not BAMF

• +22/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2015, 05:52:44 PM »
2014: The One Without Daniel Bryan

The Participants

1. CM Punk
2. Seth Rollins
3. Damien Sandow
4. Cody Rhodes
5. Kane
6. Alexander Rusev (his main roster debut)
7. Jack Swagger
8. Kofi Kingston
9. An Uso!
10. Goldust
11. Dean Ambrose
12. Dolph Ziggler
13. R-Truth
14. Kevin Nash
15. Roman Reigns
16. Great Khali
17. Sheamus
18. The Miz
19. Fandango
20. El Torito (How ludicrous that El Matadors were so bad, their midget mascot got more over than they did)
21. Antonio Cesaro (Like Rusev, he had not dropped his first name yet)
22. Luke Harper
23. Another Uso!
24. JBL (and this is his Rumble debut as the JBL character, which seems odd)
25. Erick Rowan
26. Ryback
27. Alberto Del Rio
28. Batista
29. Big E Langston
30. Rey Mysterio

The Final Four

4th - CM Punk (eliminated by Kane - outside interference)
3rd - Sheamus (eliminated by Roman Reigns)
2nd - Roman Reigns (eliminated by Batista)
WINNER - Batista

Notes/Thoughts

-This is the first (and thus far only) Royal Rumble to ever happen in Pittsburgh, PA, and I came SO CLOSE to attending in person, but ultimately decided against it. In the span of a week, prices on StubHub sky-rocketed, and I figured it just wasn't worth it. I regret that now; I would love to have attended this show. Not because it was good or anything, but because this crowd was fantastic. Earlier in the night, they shit all over the Cena/Orton title match by peppering it with nonsense cheers and chants, and they are good and restless by the end of this Rumble.

-Pre-Match video is just a string of straight-ahead shots of guys explaining why they are going to win, and then we cut to a Legends Panel making their picks. Jim Duggan picks Dolph Ziggler, Shawn Michaels picks CM Punk OR any member of the Shield, and Ric Flair picks Batista, because he actually was paying attention to the WWE's booking for the previous month+.

-Punk in at #1, and let's all take a minute to mourn Punk's last WWE match before walking out of the company.

-The fans are SUPER intense early on, and I think the arena countdown chant for entrants #3 and #4 are the loudest I've ever heard. They drown out everything.

-High spot early on see Punk hitting a nifty double DDT/Neckbreaker combination on Rollins and Sandow.

-The arena is DEAD for Rusev at #6, and the Bulgarian Brute enters the ring while somebody with ringside seats holds up a "JOBBER" sign. Rusev would end up having himself a pretty nice 2014 even with this fan's doubt likely haunting him for months.

-Foreshadowing of The One-Sided Feud That Will Never Die: Rusev and Swagger (who WAS still a heel at this point) have a face-off in the Rumble while the fans chant "USA!" in support of Jack.

-When J[rest of name] Uso comes out at #9, there is a humorous ringside sign: "Go Jey Uso! Or is it Jimmy?". Stereotypes die hard, and even The Usos are benefactors of Islanders Have Immortal Heads! when Punk tries to headbutt him, but only hurts himself. Jesus, are we going to still be doing this in 2021?

-Obligatory Kofi Moment Of The Night: Kofi is dropped into Rusev's waiting arms (after Rusev is made to look strong by having 4 or 5 guys have to gang up to eliminate him). Rusev then puts Kofi on the barricade and storms to the back. Kofi manages a running start on the narrow barricade and jumps from it to the ring apron. Really impressive; I'll give this one credit.

-Ziggler has already EXPLODED at this point, and he gets a huge reaction and "Let's Go Ziggler!" chant. And because WWE booking is super smart, Dolph IMMEDIATELY is put on the defensive upon entering the match to kill all that momentum. By the time Roman Reigns is brought in at #19, Dolph is still selling, and he treats the Spear like it liquefies his insides! I think I'd pay money just to watch Dolph take Spears all night; he made the move look positively lethal. The fans jump the gun on the 2015 crowd by lustily booing two things: Dolph Ziggler's elimination, and Roman Reigns (for tossing Dolph).

-Sheamus enters at #17 when only The Shield are standing, and he pummels the hell out of him. Just bounces from guy-to-guy-to-guy and beats them all down. For right up until the time #18 is buzzed (when they finally start turning the tide), Sheamus is on them like white on him.

-I miss Fandango-ing. Fandango hits the ring too fast, but the fans don't care; they keep right Fandango-ing and "doot-doot-doo-doo"ing his song for what HAS to be a good 15 seconds after it stops.

-First "DANIEL BRYAN" chant of the match between #19 and #20. The Consol Energy Center is clearly getting antsy that Bryan hasn't entered yet.

-Ambrose and Punk have just brilliant facial and physical "WTF is this?!" reactions to El Torito. Very comical on their behalf.

-Cesaro gets The Swing on Set Rollins, and he goes FOREVER with him. The fans count several rotations, but then give up because counting is hard for Pittsburghers. They settle on just giving an ovation, and even after that, Cesaro keeps swinging for a while. I'll take this moment to call myself out on being WAY wrong about something: The first time Cesaro ever did The Swing on Raw, I remember thinking "This is really boring. What's he going to do? Swing a guy around forever? Stupid. This will never get over". I still don't really get it, I guess, but fans seem to love it.

-JBL uses commentary to call out all the winners at the current position in history as each new guy is buzzed in, and finally Michael Cole (who isn't even a heel anymore) tells him he has too much free time. JBL retorts "It's called research".

-The fans boo Reigns again, even thought they DO generally like him this year, for pitching JBL. JBL, who last 5 seconds and did NOTHING except take off his coat, somehow merits a "You still got it!" chant from the crowd who is starting to just want to feel involved again.

-AS SOON as Big E is revealed at #29, the fans start a "DANIEL BRYAN" chant, which they then follow up with a "YES!" chant. And THEN...

-The fans notoriously boo the absolute life out of Rey Mysterio at #30, and the entire tone of the match sours here. To be fair, WWE NEVER DID advertise Bryan in the Rumble match itself (he featured in a prominent position on the ads and posters, but he had an earlier match against Bray Wyatt), but they also knew the fans were expecting it and never outright said he wouldn't be, either. For the next minute or so, the fans alternate between heavy boos and chanting for Bryan. The fans keep right on blowing the match away until Seth Rollins eliminates Rey, and then they take a moment to cheer that.

-Back in the days when it was SO OBVIOUS that Dean Ambrose was "the heel" of The Shield, he tries to sneak-eliminate Roman Reigns (again, this was sensible based on previous booking, as Ambrose kept having issues arise between himself and Roman). Roman survives and flips Dean AND Seth out for their troubles.

-Kane returns in the Final Four to pull Punk out, and whatever goodwill the fans MIGHT have had left goes out of the ring with him. More booing. Followed by another "DANIEL BRYAN" chant. Followed by more booing. Then a "NO!" chant. And then more booing. Must have felt good to be this Top Three in the ring while the fans tell you how much they hate this.

-The fans cheer their souls out for Roman Reigns against Batista just in the vain hope that there was ANY way Dave was not going to win, but it is, of course, futile. It is ironic that in 2014 they cheer Reigns AGAINST the pre-selected Destiny that they hate; in one year, Reigns would BE the pre-selected destiny that they hate.

To be honest, this Rumble is bad, but I've never felt like WWE had any plans for 2014 that weren't "Bryan Wins The Belts at WrestleMania". I think this Rumble was just a big swerve to set up Batista's heel turn. It seemed too obvious, dating back to SummerSlam 2013 when John Cena hand-selected Bryan as his opponent, only for Orton to pop out and screw him. Bryan getting his moment FOR REAL always seemed like the ultimate plan to me. I've long thought the 2014 Rumble was intentional trolling, while the 2015 Rumble was the one they genuinely screwed up. But even then... that means this Rumble was, AT BEST, pointless nonsense (and at worst, it was the oblivious crap everyone thought it was).

Ranking

2. 2010 (Edge) - 9/10
3. 2004 (Benoit) - 9/10
4. 1992 (Flair) - 9/10

8. 2008 (Cena I) - 7/10
9. 2002 (HHH) - 7/10

11. 2003 (Lesnar) -5/10
12. 1989 (Studd) - 5/10
15. 1999 (McMahon) 5/10

19 2013 (Cena II) - 4/10
20. 2009 (Orton) - 4/10

21. 2012 (Sheamus) - 3/10
22. 1991 (Hogan II) - 3/10
23. 2014 (Batista II) - 3/10
23. 2006 (Mysterio) - 3/10
24. 2000 (The Rock) - 3/10

25. 1995 (Michaels I) - 2/10
26. 1988 (Duggan) - 2/10

LiquidSailor

• +70/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2015, 06:12:59 PM »
Another shitty thing about the 2014 rumble, is that Evan Bourne teased that he was going to be in it.  After the rumble, he tweeted "....or maybe not"

Probably lost his spot due to some last minute bullshit.

DIGUSTING

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2015, 09:20:37 PM »
I don't think it was. I think the WWE say Batista in a Marvel movie and had dollar signs over their eyes. But they booked him horribly. They should have let him go to NXT and shake off some major ring rust, let Daniel Bryan win the Rumble, and have Batista battle Lesnar at WM.

Jabroniville

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2015, 03:14:38 AM »
No way would they have booked Batista to be an idiot heel with the Guardians movie having come out. They absolutely thought Batista was going to be over huge, and they were giving him the God Push against Orton. At least the build AFTER that was mostly-fantastic, despite Batista & Orton taking a big backseat to The Authority.