Herochat

Raw 25

Not BAMF

• +9/-12
    • View Profile
Raw 25
« on: January 22, 2018, 09:47:45 PM »
Anyone else watching this? It's actually little more than a typical episode of Raw. I don't know if I'm happy that they aren't just pushing everyone aside in favor of slobbering on legends' knobs all night or if I'm upset I'm wasting my time watching such a mundane episode.

The opening segment with Vince, Austin, Shane, and Stephanie was the high point of the show.

HalloweenJack

• +20/-6
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
Re: Raw 25
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 11:47:37 PM »
yeah, there were a few cute moments but overall it was pretty meh.

The thing with Vince, Shane, and Austin was great though

Riv1

• +35/-871
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 01:27:58 AM »
yeah, there were a few cute moments but overall it was pretty meh.

The thing with Vince, Shane, and Austin was great though
Yeah, the first segment was best.
Seeing Vince slip easily into his Mr. McMahon was gold. Austin looked in shape. Stephanie got the fuck out the way and let the men handle things wothout being a she bitch. Shane was Shane.

Other than that, seeing Scott Hall was welcome, and the APA.
Miz barely got a decent match out of Reigns but it was worth it cuz he won.

Propeus The Fallen

• +20/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 02:00:19 AM »
Well, this show sucked. I know people are praising the opening...um, I remember the last time they did this. Except Stone Cold got to stun every McMahon!

Damn, does Torrie Wilson look good.

Apparently the Manhattan crowd got POed at the nothing they got and Lawler and Jr fell asleep. The only positive reaction seemed to be to Matt so...yeah, he has to lose.

...So did Matt PO creative because he's trying to get over by himself? And fuck Bray Wyatt. I'm so damn sick of this damn character. Worse, if I find someone interesting--they have to get in a feud with this heat killing blackhole.

Y'know, fuck this. This show is an example of everything wrong with the WWE. It's so damn lazy. They do the same damn crappy segments they've done over and over. Or they go the extra step back to bed and just have them show up and announce them and be done

And I should be looking forward to every WWE show. Look at the talent they have. It's insane! But the booking and ideas are so damn stupid and lazy! They don't even bother developing characters anymore. They're afraid to make a big star. I remember when you had UT, Stone cold, The Rock, Shawn Michaels. Do we even have one?

My favorite segment was the end where Braun killed Lesnar.

Oh and quick prediction for this Sunday--Lesnar gets taken out for most of the match, recovers and wins just like every other damn triple threat match he's in.

Damn it, why can't LU get started already?

Riv1

• +35/-871
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:08:03 AM »
^^^um, I remember the last time YOU did this. Except you got to bitch about Smackdown!

AKA, good prediction for the triple threat.

altoon

• +8/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 08:54:23 AM »
All I took from that was how much hotter Torrie was compared to everyone else on stage.  And to think I wasn't that into her back in the day

Not BAMF

• +9/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:33:13 AM »
Matt losing to Bray on a throwaway match at Raw means nothing. Hopefully it's used as an impetus to further his Woken descent. He hasn't really been interesting in his Woken iteration. Right now he is just Matt Hardy, but acting goofy. Nothing quite like the broken Universe.

altoon

• +8/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »
that's the WWE version of Broken

Propeus The Fallen

• +20/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 01:40:50 AM »
Matt losing to Bray on a throwaway match at Raw means nothing. Hopefully it's used as an impetus to further his Woken descent. He hasn't really been interesting in his Woken iteration. Right now he is just Matt Hardy, but acting goofy. Nothing quite like the broken Universe.

What do you expect from WWE creative.

They see Broken Matt hardy and decide that the laugh is the best thing. Hell, him and Bray had a laugh off. The only thing the WWE invests in is stuff for Strowman to throw people into or to tip over.

The WWE doesn't invest in anyone. It's WCW. You have a spot and you can't move from it. You can be cheered like the New Day, Matt or anyone else and it doesn't matter.

Jabroniville

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 05:29:35 PM »
LOL- remember when Bray seemed so hot and fresh, and even Mick Foley was like "Bray is better on the mic than I ever was"?. And then we come to now, when he's cut the exact same promo 900 times already. So he had a fantastic promo... and then did it on repeat.

Riv1

• +35/-871
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 12:47:11 AM »
LOL- remember when Bray seemed so hot and fresh, and even Mick Foley was like "Bray is better on the mic than I ever was"?. And then we come to now, when he's cut the exact same promo 900 times already. So he had a fantastic promo... and then did it on repeat.
I got tired of his promos after about 3 times.
Posters here (when there WERE posters here) told me i was nuts.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:59:31 AM by Riv1 »

HalloweenJack

• +20/-6
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 06:03:26 PM »
Bray had alot of potential, but they really started nerfing him from the start.

Riv1

• +35/-871
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 06:28:46 PM »
Bray had alot of potential, but they really started nerfing him from the start.
That i will grant you. Its like he never won a feud.

HalloweenJack

• +20/-6
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 07:48:36 PM »
hell, his first feud was "Hey Kane....you been lied to your whole life....that man you thought was your father....how do you know he was?"

and....then nothing happened.

he beats Bryan in a good match but Bryan's overness and the need to put him in the main event scene undid that

he had a feud with Cena, which I believe he lost

Feud with Jericho that went nowhere

feud with Ambrose that he won, but only via an act of God/total happenstance

He went face for a hot second but then got injured nerfing that

and on and on and on

He could talk....but he did the same promo.

It looked like this past year when he won the title there might be a shining light at the end of the tunnel and a chance to rebuild himself but noooooooope....Orton....and two terrible matches. one which was the worst match of the year, which he won......via help from others....but even so it wasn't a title match

and on and on and on......then there was that feud with Balor, which thank God in His Eternal Heaven got put to the wayside before it dragged an already "what am I doing this week?" Finn Balor down.

Bray Wyatt is like that POD song Lost In Forever. it just goes on and on and on.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 08:51:26 PM »
Bray Wyatt only works as a gimmick if he is able to back up his words. When you talk about being a conqueror or savior, you have to win feuds against enough top people. But he didn't win the money feuds, which helped undermine him. After that, he becomes just another rambling idiot. It doesn't help that the sort of cool look he once had as a cult leader has been replaced by his current just-weird-fat-guy appearance.

Far as Raw goes, I quite liked the Miz vs Roman IC Title match. I thought both did a fine job there. Otoh the show itself was mostly lackluster, and kind of exposed how empty the women's movement that they pay words to really is. 
Sig : Marine S'mezz, Alexa Bliss w/ Larry-Steve