Herochat

black lighting

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
Re: black lighting
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 12:25:07 PM »
Last night was a game changer!

Sad to see Lady Eve go but hopefully she'll be back. Speaking which, Hey La La!!

Anissa continues to be fine as fuck!!

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 01:10:56 PM »
Ah the classic superheroes run into each other misundstands what's going on and end up fighting.

That was just cringe worthy.

BL not sensing any familiarity with his own daughter was just stupid.
How so?

Juz saying you're in a crowded mall waiting for someone you've known all your life...you can easily spot them amongst the crowd by their gait, their stature, their personal appearance & mannerisms.

You take your kid to a playground full of other kids...you can easily spot your own by the same above reasons.

But Black Lightning enters a well lighted room & regardless that his ex wife is bound, does not recognise that it's his own daughter standing behind her?
He doesn't recognise the familiarity of mother & daughter standing close to each other...he can't even see beyond the painted face mask & wig that it's his daughter's complexion?
Her height, her age, her built doesn't give it away?

JAXN

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2018, 01:39:50 PM »
I get what you’re saying but Isn’t that like the same for the majority of these comic book shows though? Maybe she has the same ability as her father to somehow obscure her face.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2018, 03:04:55 PM »
WTF is going on.  Don't get me wrong I'm happy La La is back and thought it was a mistake to kill him but WTF.

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2018, 06:03:03 PM »
Maybe she has the same ability as her father to somehow obscure her face.

Yeah what's that about?

Did he have some kind of cloaking/distortion field for his face in the comics?

When he attacked the brothel he kinda had a dazzling light to hide his facial features but in most scenes I'm wondering why he doesn't get recognised by his beard...?

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2018, 07:46:19 PM »
The youngest daughter explained it in the 2nd episode. His face looks like a bunch of bright flashes, so you can't really see his face.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2018, 08:58:18 PM »
New theory maybe that isn't La La but somehow Lady Eve can switch bodies when she dies.  I remember her saying to Tobia's does he believe in the resurrection.

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2018, 04:48:56 AM »
The youngest daughter explained it in the 2nd episode. His face looks like a bunch of bright flashes, so you can't really see his face.

I guess it's a budget ( or contractually don't hide my face) issue because it would be cool for us the viewer, to see those bright flashes hiding his face too.

JAXN

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2018, 10:49:06 AM »
New theory maybe that isn't La La but somehow Lady Eve can switch bodies when she dies.  I remember her saying to Tobia's does he believe in the resurrection.
That’s what I’m thinking. Perhaps she’s preparing future bodies by embalming them. It’s funny since Tobias said that line about resurrection to La La in the first episode. Now I’m beginning to wonder if Gambinhas some sort of ability as well

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2018, 09:41:45 AM »
This is the blackest show on network TV (Habitual line-stepper.)

This show is pretty consistent and I liked the newest episode. Glad they aren't dragging out the Lightning reveal. But I don't think I'd want Jennifer fighting, if I were her dad. She's not like Anissa and her impulsive nature will get her (or somronr else) hurt.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2018, 02:21:11 PM »
I surprised she got her powers this season.  And that she immediately told her sister the same episode.  I thought her powers developing would be something they save for a second or third season.

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2018, 12:01:11 PM »
Annissa is so fine even the in-universe Internet knows lol She shouldn't have told Jennifer, though. That wasn't her place.

This show is pretty damn consistent, especially for a CW production

JAXN

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2018, 12:44:03 PM »
Yep I agree.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2018, 03:25:32 PM »
I'm confused as to which universe this show takes place in?  They mentioned Vixen and Supergirl.

JAXN

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2018, 03:30:55 PM »
I assume they’re on a different Earth than Supergirl. I’m not sure if There’s a Vixen on Kara’s world