therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
black lighting
« on: January 16, 2018, 11:13:37 PM »
anyone see it

pretty fun

they mention other metas so could be in the arrow verse

granted makes you wonder how arrow was so freak up by metas. but time been fuck with so much let it slide

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
Re: black lighting
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 11:21:42 PM »
Liked it.  Think there waiting to see if this is a hit before deciding if it takes place in the arrowverse.

therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 12:20:50 AM »
Also suprise how quickly they introducing the kids having powers

know they do in the comic...but thought they wait till mid season
But guess they want to hit the ground running

Riv1

• +62/-1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 12:22:39 AM »
Didnt know it premiered. Wasnt planning on watching it, though, so no loss.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 08:53:26 AM »
You really should give it a chance Riv.

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 09:01:28 AM »
I think it was a bit heavy handed but it's a pilot and shows like this tend to get better over time.

And I'm a really more interested in the daughters' development than Jefferson, actually. I greatly dislike the ex-wife.

Tobias would be PERFECT as Tombstone. Oh well.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »
I greatly dislike the ex-wife.

Really? The reason for the divorce made sense.

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 05:50:29 PM »
I greatly dislike the ex-wife.

Really? The reason for the divorce made sense.

Yes, it did. However, he's been "clean" for 9 years and she still hasn't taken him back. Yet she'll be upset when she finds out that he's a vigilante again, despite not doing it for 9 years! Like, at this point, I'd say "Screw it. She's not coming back so why shouldn't I put on the costume. The city clearly needs me."

therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 07:53:35 PM »
meh she seem ok with him at the end

Von Doom

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 09:06:09 PM »

She was okay with it, because it involved their children. Will she be okay with it once her kids are safe and it's someone else's kids on the chopping block? I'm not saying that I don't understand that mentality. I'd do a whole lot more to protect my family than someone else's. But it will likely cause problems down the road unless she has a serious change of heart. And I could really do without the classic "love interest gets mad at main character for doing hero shit" plot line.

therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »

She was okay with it, because it involved their children. Will she be okay with it once her kids are safe and it's someone else's kids on the chopping block? I'm not saying that I don't understand that mentality. I'd do a whole lot more to protect my family than someone else's. But it will likely cause problems down the road unless she has a serious change of heart. And I could really do without the classic "love interest gets mad at main character for doing hero shit" plot line.

But this one makes kind of sense given the dude age, and having a family

Which kind of unique as super heroes go. Sure his heroing will come back to bite his family in the ass. Namely since they will learn his Id if he keeps doing shit like electorcuting cops and blowing up a cop car without wearing a mask.  Have a feeling that house getting shot up at some point and that when one of the kids will show their power

Von Doom

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 12:20:11 PM »
I guess I'm just burned out on that storyline. It's always set up so poorly, and even in a case like this where it makes a lot of sense, I'd rather just give it a pass. It won't cause me to stop watching as long as it doesn't devolve into half of each show being BL and his ex yelling at each other.

80sBaby

• +32/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 03:54:48 PM »
I liked the 2nd episode even more than the first!

Kara is ridiculously hot and Jefferson better hit that. Especially since Lynne is sooooo annoying. I did like the argument between her and Gambi, though.

I forgot Anissa was a lesbian so I was surprised when they showed her and her gf at first.

I really like Khalil and think he's good for Jennifer, which means he'll likely be killed off at some point.

Tobias is hilariously racist lol

LaLa killing Lawanda was fucked up but I like that they had the balls to show it like they did. Kinda mad he's gone, though.

Oh, and "Shaquandalyn??" WHYYYYYYYY?

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 10:08:19 PM »
Him killing her surprised me

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 07:10:43 PM »
I enjoyed the 1st episode but is it just me or did anyone else find a predominantly black cast a bit heavy handed as in trying to push a point too far?

I know nothing about BL but the show makes it out that he only exists for black people's problems & not just an overall superior/vigilante.

I mean all the white cops are portrayed as racist & corrupt but the only decent one happens to be black.

Then Latavious wants to be seen as the pillar to the black community through fear & persecution.

Gambi being Alfred to BL is just awkward to watch...there's a weird chemistry that over time just might work.