Herochat

DCuc The Batman - Not in Continuity, maybe...

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile

AP

• +110/-55
    • View Profile
Re: DCuc The Batman - Not in Continuity, maybe...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:49:57 PM »
So from now on, all their movies are Elseworlds?  They might as well admit they've scraped the shared universe concept.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:09:14 PM »
All I hear is we have no ideal what were doing so we'll throw some stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 10:26:13 PM »
Honestly at this stage, I'd prefer to see more solo movies than trying to match Marvel with the team-ups.

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 12:35:49 AM »
So from now on, all their movies are Elseworlds?  They might as well admit they've scraped the shared universe concept.

Affleck doesn't want to be on a sinking ship,but his absense secures the plummet.

What shocks in the lack of cohesive vision from Producer-Side. How could they be this consistently inept?! Read a message board, send some anonymous guys to secret-nerd-shop a Comicbook store, just anything to gather direction...

Riv1

• +62/-1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 01:28:09 AM »

Affleck doesn't want to be on a sinking ship,but his absense secures the plummet.

What shocks in the lack of cohesive vision from Producer-Side. How could they be this consistently inept?! Read a message board, send some anonymous guys to secret-nerd-shop a Comicbook store, just anything to gather direction...
^^^So true.

I loved Affleck's Batman, but i dont blame him for lack of enthusiasm.

you’ll never see me coming...

nu-safado

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 07:54:08 PM »
I love Affleck's Batman but he and everything Snyder has put together feel like an Elseworld's story. Why have a Batman who is in his 40's if you plan to build a universe that should last 10-15 years before recasting? I'm sure Affleck could pull it off into his early 50's with a lot of effort but he's an expesnive talent who's going to want to attach himself to other big franchises and blockbusters.

I also find Affleck distracting. He brought an incredible amount of intensity to batmanvs Superman. As much as JL felt like Superman's movie BvS felt like a Batman flick featuring Superman with probably the best pure batman action sequence we've seen on film yet

Since then Affleck himself has made so much noise in the media with his personal problems that I have a hard time looking past it. It clearly shows on his face and the intensity he's bringing to the role - just his alcohol issues alone are a detrimnet to his performance and his ability to promote the film.

When I see comic con footage it shouldn't look like one of the stars of the flick is workig through a hangover and looking like death warmed over

There's also the constant discussion in the press of "will he won't he" on whether he'll stay with the role.

All bitching aside he's been a great Batman but I just can't see past the actor when he's in costume - he should be recast at this point.