Re: Jango Fett vs Snoke's guards
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:22:14 PM »
Guards win.

AP

• +91/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 09:41:09 PM »
I assume he could just hover around and shoot them all.  His pack also had a little rocket launcher, iirc, so he could potentially take them all out in one shot.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +7/-7
  • Greatest Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 10:06:51 PM »
I assume he could just hover around and shoot them all.  His pack also had a little rocket launcher, iirc, so he could potentially take them all out in one shot.
So they'd just stand there and be retarded and not toss a weapon at him. How did he fare against Kenobi after he lost his laser sword.

AP

• +91/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 10:09:21 PM »
I guess they could toss a weapon at him but since he's zipping around on a jet pack, that might before hard to do effectively.  Plus, if they throw their weapons, then they are even more defenseless.

As for Obi-Wan, he couldn't capture Jango Fett when he lost his lightsaber and unlike Snoke's guards, he's Force sensitive, so make of that what you will.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +7/-7
  • Greatest Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 10:11:55 PM »
I guess they could toss a weapon at him but since he's zipping around on a jet pack, that might before hard to do.  Plus, if they throw their weapons, then they are even more defenseless.

As for Obi-Wan, he couldn't capture Jango Fett when he lost his lightsaber and unlike Snoke's guards, he's Force sensitive, so make of that what you will.
Jango flew at him he isn't some smart guy.  We see guys close the distance on him very quickly.  He doesn't take on a lot of highly skilled opponents in short order. These eight took on Kylo and Rey and would have killed either if they were there alone.  They'd overwhlem Jango Fett.

AP

• +91/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 10:47:24 PM »
When he flew at Obi-Wan, it was to wrap a grappling line around his wrists and stop him from getting his lightsaber.  He succeeded in doing that, so I think it was a smart move.  And again, Obi-Wan failed to capture him.  Later in the same movie, he killed a Jedi who dropped down in front of him and Dooku.  He also gave Mace Windu some trouble and shrugged off gettign trampled by a huge animal in the same fight.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +7/-7
  • Greatest Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 10:55:07 PM »
When he flew at Obi-Wan, it was to wrap a grappling line around his wrists and stop him from getting his lightsaber.  He succeeded in doing that, so I think it was a smart move.  And again, Obi-Wan failed to capture him.  Later in the same movie, he killed a Jedi who dropped down in front of him and Dooku.  He also gave Mace Windu some trouble and shrugged off gettign trampled by a huge animal in the same fight.
So he can get the better of a guy with a melee weapon one on one in some instances but he's never taken out eight highly skilled melee fighters tasked with the leader of a galactic power.  A random bounty hunter vs. 8 of Snoke's best.  What does common sense say to you ? 

AP

• +91/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 10:36:08 AM »
So he can get the better of a guy with a melee weapon one on one in some instances
A melee weapon and Force powers.  You forgot about Force powers.  Also, he's one of the better fighters in the franchise, so there's that.

but he's never taken out eight highly skilled melee fighters tasked with the leader of a galactic power
If it makes you feel better, I'd say Obi-Wan in his prime could also solo those guards.

A random bounty hunter vs. 8 of Snoke's best
He wasn't a random bounty hunter, for starters.  He was chosen as the "father" of a clone army due to his physical abilities.  Secondly, who's to say Snoke is a good judge of who is and isn't the best?  We have no idea who Snoke is or how good he is at judging guards or if he can employ anyone better.  Just because some unknown guy chose 8 guys to be his bodyguards, it doesn't mean they are the best the galaxy has to offer.  What we have to go off of is that the 8 guards are good enough with their weapons that they nearly killed two untrained Force-users.

What does common sense tell you?"
A guy with flight and multiple projectile weapons is more likely to win against a team of fighters who don't have either.

Master

• +40/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 07:39:04 PM »
Just chiming in that Obi would’ve caught Jango... but young Boba fired Slave I’s cannons to tilt the fight back in Jango’s favor.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

AP

• +91/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 07:55:08 PM »
Just chiming in that Obi would’ve caught Jango... but young Boba fired Slave I’s cannons to tilt the fight back in Jango’s favor.

Boba fired a shot that knocked Obi on his ass, but it didn't do much to turn the tide either way.  The fight starts with Jango taking to the sky and knocks Obi-Wan down with his rocket just before Boba does the same.  From then on, it's just Jango and Obi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMZdrUx8eM

Also, Jango and Obi sounds like a bluegrass duo.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +7/-7
  • Greatest Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 09:17:52 PM »
So he can get the better of a guy with a melee weapon one on one in some instances
A melee weapon and Force powers.  You forgot about Force powers.  Also, he's one of the better fighters in the franchise, so there's that.

but he's never taken out eight highly skilled melee fighters tasked with the leader of a galactic power
If it makes you feel better, I'd say Obi-Wan in his prime could also solo those guards.

A random bounty hunter vs. 8 of Snoke's best
He wasn't a random bounty hunter, for starters.  He was chosen as the "father" of a clone army due to his physical abilities.  Secondly, who's to say Snoke is a good judge of who is and isn't the best?  We have no idea who Snoke is or how good he is at judging guards or if he can employ anyone better.  Just because some unknown guy chose 8 guys to be his bodyguards, it doesn't mean they are the best the galaxy has to offer.  What we have to go off of is that the 8 guards are good enough with their weapons that they nearly killed two untrained Force-users.

What does common sense tell you?"
A guy with flight and multiple projectile weapons is more likely to win against a team of fighters who don't have either.
The guards were fighting 2 characters with force powers.  Are you saying it only counts with Kenobi ? No double standards.

You aren't basing that off of anything other than your head canon so think whatever you'd like.  Kenobi and Qui ran from a few droids in TPM. 

So your latest illogical claim is Snoke's choices for the guards doesn't make sense as competent choices despite his force abilities, manipulation feats and literally heading an order that threatens the entire galaxy.  So it makes sense that Snoke is just misinformed and ignorant in selecting his personal guard despite seeing them challenge Kylo and Rey together. 

Again a bounty hunter with good genetics who agreed to it.  We also see clones mowed down all the time.  Jango was good but so was Cad Bane and Pre Vizsla.  Bane actually defeated Kenobi.

You are doing your powerset debating in what you'd do with his powers.  There are going to be eight guys charging him.  He barely got away with Kenobi charging him.  Watch the fight again.  He wasn't that impressive in close quarters combat.  They'd overwhlem him.

Kallor

• +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 10:11:24 PM »
Hey Quan how'd you handle the Snoke stuff in the movie, I think I remember you were pretty interested in him?  Did you want more backstory for him?  I appreciate the surprise of killing the big bad so abruptly, but I would have liked a little more before he went, if for no other reason than to really feel the scope of what Kylo had just done.

AP

• +91/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 08:18:46 AM »
The guards were fighting 2 characters with force powers.  Are you saying it only counts with Kenobi ? No double standards.
I never said it didn't count.  I fully acknowledge that Rey and Kylo killed all eight of these guys.

Kenobi and Qui ran from a few droids in TPM.
And?

So your latest illogical claim is Snoke's choices for the guards doesn't make sense as competent choices despite his force abilities, manipulation feats and literally heading an order that threatens the entire galaxy.  So it makes sense that Snoke is just misinformed and ignorant in selecting his personal guard despite seeing them challenge Kylo and Rey together.
That's not what I said at all.

Again a bounty hunter with good genetics who agreed to it.  We also see clones mowed down all the time.  Jango was good but so was Cad Bane and Pre Vizsla.  Bane actually defeated Kenobi.
And?

You are doing your powerset debating in what you'd do with his powers.
Nope.  I'm going off what was shown onscreen.  He keeps to the skies and blows stuff up for the most part. 

There are going to be eight guys charging him.
Unless they jump really high, that shouldn't matter. 

He barely got away with Kenobi charging him.
He took off almost immediately once Kenobi came out the door.

Watch the fight again.  He wasn't that impressive in close quarters combat.
He stood his ground and put Obi-Wan on his ass twice.  I'd say he did pretty well.

They'd overwhlem him.
If he decided to fight melee, sure.

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 05:25:37 PM »
Rewatching the fight, the Guards had some good armor, they were able to take strikes from a lightsaber, so the bolts from the Westar 34 blasters may not be effective.