Herochat

Should dems try to force a Daca vote

MTL76

• +1118/-13
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: Should dems try to force a Daca vote
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 01:42:35 PM »
He wants to roll back DACA. It’s not a mystery.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Master

• +38/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018, 01:44:00 PM »
They already have 5 Dems locked down to vote for them. 5 Dems they don’t even need. The GOP can’t seem to get their act together to muster the 60 votes they need.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

MTL76

• +1118/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2018, 03:19:05 PM »
In a healthy system, neither Democrats nor Republican politicians should feel compelled to vote in lockstep with their party. A Democrat voter in Dallas likely has very different views on gun control than a Democrat voter in New York City. Ditto for Republicans. Politicians should represent the desires of their constituents, not the party line. If they consistently differ from the party line, they might be in the wrong party.

therock

• +35/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 03:40:48 PM »
Thing is a lot seem to kind of agree on Daca.  Hell Trump during the public meeting seem cool with the deal. Till he was told not to

Seem like they had a balance idea

boarder securiy
And Dacca

Since my view is we need boarder security.  I dont subscribe to the idea wanting that is Racist

But also dont think we should be assholes about it either. And maybe some more heavy charges for the company that hires them

MTL76

• +1118/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 03:44:10 PM »
I also think we need border security, but a static wall seems like a very inefficient and expensive way of obtaining it. I guess it makes for a good visual but it’s not practical. We are in the age of style over substance though.

Also, Trump waffles a lot. He’s gone back and forth on both a wall and a DACA deal. It’s not very helpful.

therock

• +35/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 04:01:22 PM »
I also think we need border security, but a static wall seems like a very inefficient and expensive way of obtaining it. I guess it makes for a good visual but it’s not practical. We are in the age of style over substance though.

Also, Trump waffles a lot. He’s gone back and forth on both a wall and a DACA deal. It’s not very helpful.

Well I am not for the wall either. But saying give it in the same way you give a baby a bottle if it crys

Then again that analogy could also be a reason not to give it. Because if a kids know that if he trantrums it  helps him get what he wants, and you do it, that just bad parenting

Its question should we show our big orange baby tough love to avoid this shit in the future
or just give the baby this one

MTL76

• +1118/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 04:05:41 PM »
What you’re ignoring is that there’s a fairly large group of Americans who want the Wall as well. They helped Trump get elected, because they felt he was the only candidate who would do anything about illegal immigration.

therock

• +35/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 05:01:27 PM »
What you’re ignoring is that there’s a fairly large group of Americans who want the Wall as well. They helped Trump get elected, because they felt he was the only candidate who would do anything about illegal immigration.

There also a large amount of people who want board security, who think the wall not the way to go. and then evne larger ones who like Dacca..which include a lot of republicans. A lot who voted for Trump

He suspose to be the president of ALL americans. Not just the few who thought Mexico will pay for it.  It turns out the shit that may help you win an election may not be good to run the country

Building a wall cost money. tax payer money. He sold them on the idea somehow it wouldnt. But the thing if it built going to cost over 20 building dollars, you going to have to take people land, going to take year, and cost billion to maintain. And may not work all that well. Its a bad idea

And even then.  Not ignorning them. As I said Would probally find say here money for the wall. In fact seem the dems did just that. The dude still turn down the deal. The deal he agreed on. How the heck do your compromise with a guy like that.  I mean this could of been a win for him

It could of made him look compassionate
Could of had him say he deliver on his promise to build that wall
Could of drove down the dems base who didnt like the wall which would help him
Its a popular bill the Dacca

IT could of showed him to be the deal maker he always said he was
He could say he did something Obama couldnt do...which he LOVES saying

This could of been so much win..one could even say we would get tired of winning

I mean Trump dont want to ingore his base
But issue is the other side got to pay attention to their base a LITTLE bit. Part of the reason Trump won was progressive didnt come out because they felt the dems were republicans lite, or paid to lose by coparate donors. So dems got to fight for something.

therock

• +35/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 10:38:24 PM »
Seem like the new deal

is the republicans offering...that if they dont have a solution on Dacca, by Feb 8th, they will have regular order so he will TALK about Dacca.

therock

• +35/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 04:50:48 PM »
Dammit, Dems you are some weak mother fuckers

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2018, 06:36:34 PM »

And people wonder why a nation that supports more progressive policies practically up and down is nonetheless controlled by a radical party, and plays on their field? I mean ffs, we just got through an election where Schumer's "pick up Republican votes" theory was directly disproven. And even after that, Dem leaders are still gutless cowards.

Get rid of these two, asap
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:45:43 PM by Imperial »
Sig : Tess Kielhamer as Black Canary, Katya Henry

therock

• +35/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 07:21:20 PM »

And people wonder why a nation that supports more progressive policies practically up and down is nonetheless controlled by a radical party, and plays on their field? I mean ffs, we just got through an election where Schumer's "pick up Republican votes" theory was directly disproven. And even after that, Dem leaders are still gutless cowards.

Get rid of these two, asap

Did they give him the wall with this current Bill, or will that be talk about on Feb 8th

because if they got it dont see what leverage the dems have

What frustrating if they let the republicans frame the debate

Like the debate, the senate force them to get 60 votes. And the dems abusing that. Ingore they hypcorticy of that coming from the filibuster republicans. They didnt actully get 50 votes. They didnt get the majaroty. It a place that they have majorty votes. 5 republicans went against

They pence go in front of the army, and say the dems dont want you to be paid.  Let ingore using talking to the troops to shit on the dems. But The dems push for the bill that let them pay for the millitary..and mitch..said no

They say Dems are for the immigrant over children heath. Even though the republican cut Chip...just so they can use it here. And they gave him that wall, and most of the immigration stuff they ask for.  Let they dont really fight back that hard. Even with Trump...Dems causing immigrant to murder your familes stuff

And the media helps them do this. With it all the same shit. But not treating it the same. Remember this happen under obama. There was a huge amount of pressure for Obama to work with the republican...to so leadership

But they are a general acceptance that Trump not going to do that

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 07:46:58 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^

The modern corporate Democratic party is weak, dysfunctional, and pathetic.

Republicans get shit done that a vast majority of people oppose. Stalling internet privacy protections. Repealing net neutrality. Hacking away at national lands. Taking health care from millions. Rewriting tax codes as a giveaway to super-elites.

Democrats supposedly favor popular things like a living wage, universal healthcare, increased infrastructure investment, winding up the wars, giving a path to Dreamers, etc. Yet people are more likely to see common citizens, even in GOP states, collect signatures and vote themselves a minimum wage increase than they are to see the modern Dem party accomplish such even when they have power.

Is it any wonder why so many are disillusion with the party and walking away from it? It's like they are trying to give encouragement to Trump, McConnell, and Ryan. Is there any compelling reason to vote for most Dems that doesn't boil down to "It will take the GOP out of power?"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:55:15 PM by Imperial »
Sig : Tess Kielhamer as Black Canary, Katya Henry

therock

• +35/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 08:11:23 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^

The modern corporate Democratic party is weak, dysfunctional, and pathetic.

Republicans get shit done that a vast majority of people oppose. Stalling internet privacy protections. Repealing net neutrality. Hacking away at national lands. Taking health care from millions. Rewriting tax codes as a giveaway to super-elites.

Democrats supposedly favor popular things like a living wage, universal healthcare, increased infrastructure investment, winding up the wars, giving a path to Dreamers, etc. Yet people are more likely to see common citizens, even in GOP states, collect signatures and vote themselves a minimum wage increase than they are to see the modern Dem party accomplish such even when they have power.

Is it any wonder why so many are disillusion with the party and walking away from it? It's like they are trying to give encouragement to Trump, McConnell, and Ryan. Is there any compelling reason to vote for most Dems that doesn't boil down to "It will take the GOP out of power?"

Think it because America simply like people who arent pussies. Trump is dumb as fuck, Christy an asshole. But they were like because they sounded tough.  They dont care what people think. Which all well and good till you become one of those people

And they keep shit simple. Mexican cause your promblems,. Coal Jobs coming how.  And when people ask how. "Fuck you that how" is generaly their explantion.  Again I was all for explaining how to do shit, and details. But then Trump ran..and didnt explain shit on how he will do his stuff. Not a God damm thing. They passed a tax bill that add over a trillion, want to increase war spending, Adding Billions for the wall with no explantion of how the pay for any of that shit. So clearly I was wrong on in te exectpion. New politics is emotion..but shit..thought you had to explain some shit

why do we have to explain down to the penny of that stuff we want. say fuck that. Next time progressive get in office or we get both houses...go BIG. Jam shit through and never applogized.   And you can see Republicans kind of ENJOY being assholes. And people see that enjoyment and want to be on the team. Dems seem to be embarrased about being liberal

They got to learn how to fight

I am for some compromise. But compromise is both side get something. They keep fighting by some weird sort of queenbury rules that dumb as shit. Fuck get a little dirty if need be

Propeus The Fallen

• +22/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2018, 02:06:41 AM »
I'm going to be nice. But they had better man the hell up Feb 7 or whenever it is.