Herochat

Random NFL Thoughts for 2017

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
Random NFL Thoughts for 2017
« on: December 30, 2017, 05:16:09 AM »
You know what would the be the scariest thing in the world? Russell Wilson with an offensive line. Seriously, the man doesn't even have half the time most QBs do. He always has someone right at him and yet he still is able to avoid them and make big plays.

David Carr, Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston have had bad years. Might be because they have bad coaches. Del Rio has lost his team and let's them run wild like Marvin Lewis did the Bengals, Mularkey, instead of buidling an offense suited for his QB, is using an out of date two decade old scheme that didn't work for him ever, and Dirk Koetter....well, he just suck. But Jamies also sucks so that's a good paring. :)

Andrew Luck's shoulder is majorly messed up. Just read he went to the Neatherlands for "rehab."  Yeah. I'm sure about that.

The Browns are going to probably have two top five picks....and I expect to to screw both up.

The Jaguars are the Giants of last year. Meaning they get all the damn breaks and win despite themselves. Without--well, current year Giants.

Look, I like Eli, he was my mom's favorite player--but does anyone expect him to go to another team and save it? He's not good. If you have a good team, he's good. A bad team, he's horrible. That's who he is.

I'm so sick of everyone complain about the "offense being robbed of a touchdown if they fumble out of the endzone ;it's rewarding the defense." Well, when the damn defense knocks the son of a B'ing ball out they do earn it, morons. Look, the NFL heavily favors the offense, let the defense keep the one of the few things they do have.

Well, Marvin Lewis is finally gone from the Bengals. Now who is the cheapest person they can hire to run over Arkham now?

I hate the NFL refs. Look, I get that they're human, they make mistakes--but do they have to make so many damn mistakes? Especially when you have instant replay?! And is it asking too much to know the damn rules? It wasn't covered by anyone, but in the Titans-Ram games, they blew a call on the field when the Titans onside kicked and tried to cover their asses by saying the Rams called a time out. Which the Rams made clear hell no. And don't get me started on how you can't score a touchdown against the Pats without it being overturned.

The Patriots greatest strengths are playing a weak division and when they have an obvious weakness--no one seems to want to try to exploit it. Also the refs are their twelfth man. That helps alot. :)

Keenam is playing extremely well. I mean, I thought he was a pretty good QB when he played for the Texans. He just made the mistake of going to a team coached by Jeff Fisher.

I know Goff and Jimmy G are playing good but I don't expect that next year. They both will be scouted by teams and figured out. I mean, both will still be good, but not "ARRRHHHHH THIS IS AMAZING!!!" type deal.

I was wrong about Hue Jackson. I'm sorry but he sucks as a head coach. Last year the Browns had chances to win and some this  year--and then he starts playing musical chairs with the QBs. Hell, he even wanted the Bengals back-up?

Speaking of back-up QBs, is it amazing that a good majority of them have the hottest wives in the NFL? I mean, damn. Tom Brady is on that level--and he married a super model!!!

Jason Garrett should be fired. But he won't. Because that would mean Jerry Jones is wrong. And Jerry Jones can't be wrong. Seriously, you give this guy the best players and the best coaching staff and he still can't do a damn thing. I know Jerry is calling the shots, but maybe he could do something besides clapping?

People need to lay of of Dak. Look, I hate the Cowboys, but look at what the guy has. Dez forgot how to catch, Witten is the walking dead on the field. Their o line took massive hit. Seriously what does it say when teams go "Single cover the star player, but double cover the slot guy?"

Texans should have picked up Kapernik. The Titans should have picked up Kap. Anyone who had a starting QB out--save the Eagles--should have picked up KAP!! And yeah, he should sue and he should win. This is despicable by the owners and the NFL all together.

I wish Peyton Manning would go away. Just leave. No more stupid ass commercials. I still don't get how his wooden performance is considered "charismatic". He's a tool.

I want Jay-Z to buy the Panthers. And have Beyonce sing the national anthem every week.

If I was Washington, I'd keep Cousins and draft a QB in the draft. Not going to get a good one this year. Might as well develop one. Or sign Kap but--NEVER KAP.

The Chargers are amazing in that they are one of the best teams to ever lose in the stupidest ways possible. I mean, they have victory and then the entire coaching staff has a brain fart that stinks up the team.  Just check out their game with the Jags. That's my favorite.

I like how this season shows how much Elway sucks. He got lucky Manning wanted to join him because "der, he was a QB to." And they won the super bowl because The Steelers were all banged up. (Burfict trying to remove Brown's head and all their RBs injured). He hasn't drafted well, sucks at free agency, and sucks a picking head coaches. And firing McCoy was the stupidest thing ever.

Titans do the smartest thing ever and fire Robiskie and his etch-o-sketch and pick up McCoy. The man made Simian look like he could be an average starter. Seriously, every team should be looking to get this guy.

Stupid Eagles think they're so great because they have talent, competent coaching, good staff, decent ownership, and depth.

I love how every QB Fisher coached with the Rams will be in the playoffs. Jesus, did this guy suck for so damn long. And he wants to get back in the game.

Ravens suck. Always have. Always will and Suggs head is too small. Seriously, it took the NFL causing a blackout for them to win that superbowl. Hey, after the the way Kap got blackballed, I now believe that conspiracy!

Arians may or may not leave the Cardinals. What? It's the best I got. But my thoughts on him--he's a good coach if you have a vet QB and staff in--but he's also one of those coaches who does not want to develop anyone and will stick with a bad vet over a promising rookie way to long. And he wears a cool hat.

But seriously, ditch Carson Palmer, Cards.

This year had a lot of injuries. It's almost like the last of full compact practices isn't helping...? Nah, but let's keep preseason four games.

And last thing. I know the Browns, Titans, Bucs, Jags and every other team not the Cowboys, Steelers or Pats don't have the franchise those three have--but sports programs? Can't you occasionally talk about a few of them? I mean, maybe cut the seventeen segments on "whats wrong with the Cowboys" to ten or something? And people wonder why the NFL has a ratings problem.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Random NFL Thoughts for 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 01:54:07 PM »
I love how part of Jeff Fishers pitch for a job is the great team he put together with the Rams and how good they did this years.  Doesn't that prove how incompetent you are since you had the same team and couldn't win a game?

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 08:05:52 PM »
Marcus. Dilly Dilly Mariota!!!!

YES! YES! YES!

But seriously, Andy Reid chokes again.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 04:19:30 AM »
Hey, I brought up how horrible the refs are. Well, except if you're the Pats. Then they're your 12th man.

Romo is way to nice of an announcer. Bortles is horrible. Luckily, he was going up against the Bills who for some reason kept defenders back thinking he'd throw forty yard passes on them or something. Jackass can't even hit a screen for two yards. So that gave him room to run.

And, as much as I hate to say it, The Titan players like Coach Crap. They play hard for him. I don't know why the hell, but it is what it is. So I will accept (until we lose big time next year) him but I do want Robiskie fired. Mariota took over play calling in the second half. From what I read the only plays from the sideline were those two idiotic two point conversion. Seriously, the one time I'd be fine with running the ball.

And people who complain about Andy Reid. This is who he is! He will always want to win the game by passing. He's not going to change. Hell, he could have had the two leading rushers in the NFL on his team and he'd still pass the ball over running.

Wow, Cam Newton took some shots today.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 07:36:33 AM »
I've never wanted a win more than I do right now. Just so everyone on ESPN, Fake ESPN/Fox Sports, and those smug Patriots have to shut their damn mouths.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 01:38:48 PM »
I don't think I've ever wanted the Titan's to win more than I do this weekend.

damn typo

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 02:57:26 AM »
Well, it seems most America agrees.

Anyway, my thoughts.

1. One of the best punters in the NFL to pin Brady deep.
2. Defensive line and pass rushes to make him jittery.
3. Strong running game with Henry and Mariota.
4. And the secondary is actually pretty good. I'm really surprised. They hung in with the Steelers until the last quarter and contained the Rams WRs.

5. This isn't a strong Pats team. Brady's looked off the last month, the o-line isn't that great and the defense isn't that great. They just benefit from an easy schedule in a weak division...that and every time they're about to lose the lead--flippin' refs take away the other team's touchdowns! One, I might be able to go "just stupid." But three different games. No, that's some biased BS.

If the Titan team from the second half of the Kansas city chief game comes out, the Titans can win. If Mularkey...hell I'll be nice since he managed a win...go with his stupid heavy condensed set, they're doomed.

And I hate this "If Kelce had played the second half." Well, his ass got knocked out of the game by the Titans. Did anyone hear me go "The Titans would have beaten Miami if Mariota played." No because injuries are part of the game and it's up to the team to have players ready. I'm not going besmirch Miami's win. If my team's dumb enough to think Matt Castle is an NFL player, they deserve what they got.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 09:43:15 PM »
Seriously, do the Pats need the ref help to beat my team?

That second touchdown was obviously short.
Eric Decker did not offensive pass interfere (took away a Titans first down and lead to a Pats TD)
Caused neutral zone on the Titans when the center false started (lead to a touchdown)

Seriously, this bullshit is why people hate the Pats and don't watch the NFL.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »
And let's add not calling a face mask penalty. Granted the time out and play call were the stupidest damn thing I've seen but it's there.

And apparently in Foxboro a second can last about three to five seconds.  :)

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 02:13:45 AM »
There were egregious calls on both sides and a fuckton of missed holding calls I’m glad they didn’t call because that game was dragging ass as it was. Overall today was a pretty bad day for football.

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +5/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 06:17:02 AM »
Wait. PTF actually thought the Titans would be the Patriots at home in a playoff game??

Oh.

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »
Oh no. We were going to lose. I knew that when Coach Crap went back to his idiot heavy set formations that don't work at all. But the game could have at least been close by the end of the first half.

Dude, your team is the best. They have the best QB, the best coach, the best coaches. But even you have to admit that officiating was garbage and totally biased for your team. Your team would have won, it's a modern team going against a team that thinks it the 80s or something. But that doesn't change how bad that officiating was.

And it's been like that for your team all year. Your team is hard enough to beat, but with the refs, it's impossible.

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile

Propeus The Fallen

• +32/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 11:57:13 AM »
Okay, just checked (since I decided to avoid ESPN for obvious reasons)

Coach Crap has been flushed. Apparently he wouldn't make the obvious staff changes everyone knows he should. Thank god, because we were going to get butchered with him as our coach running this same scheme. The only reason we had a winning record was because the top QBs in our division got hurt and a weak schedule...and just barely made it into the playoffs.