Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Voldemort uses the kill curse on MOS (films only)  (Read 1745 times)

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
Re: Voldemort uses the kill curse on MOS (films only)
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »

A guest was reading this, thought i'd give it a look....

No he can't, and neither can the other side. This thread basically will amount to "who do you like more".

pretty much

The closest you can get to an educated guess is one guy (as mentioned) beat the world engine through sheer power, became leagues mmre powerful by the en of the movie and was fighting off the gravity of a black hole from somehwere along its borders

Voldemort lost to Harry Potter because Harry had Voldie's wand and Voldemort couldn't access his full power (book's explanation)

Common sense says "are you fucking kidding?"

"You're right, but here's why Superman wins"

You never disappoint.

Entertaing AF! ;D

Not BAMF

• Global Moderator
  • Stonemason
  • Generic HC User #6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 01:59:54 PM »

Does the killing curse really not work on various beasts (giants, dragons, etc)? I honestly don't recall that from the books, but that's likely because I just forgot. Where is that mentioned?

If that's true, then Superman tanks it.

Mightily Oats

• Crisis Actor
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 02:09:30 PM »

Does the killing curse really not work on various beasts (giants, dragons, etc)? I honestly don't recall that from the books, but that's likely because I just forgot. Where is that mentioned?

Nothing like that is said or implied in the books

We know that dragons and giants and probably other things are naturally resistant to magic, but there's no way of knowing if that's true of an instant death curse cast by one of the most powerful wizards who ever lived

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 06:10:00 PM »

Every notice Quan always makes a "films only" stipulation for his topics? We are 100% sure he's functionally illiterate.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• Crisis Actor
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 11:30:53 PM »

Every notice Quan always makes a "films only" stipulation for his topics? We are 100% sure he's functionally illiterate.
That isn't the reason but I wouldn't expect a lame-o such as yourself to grasp the reason.  Books aren't visual and are prone to hyperbole.  It muddies the waters in a debate in which the details matter. Now if you need anything else explained pm me ya loser.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 04:45:58 AM »

So you're just incapable of debating books. Got it.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 04:54:20 AM »

^^^LOL
^^^LOL

Dalek

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2017, 02:38:47 AM »

We know that dragons and giants and probably other things are naturally resistant to magic, but there's no way of knowing if that's true of an instant death curse cast by one of the most powerful wizards who ever lived

Am I recalling wrong or are Dragons, Giants and the like mainly resistant to spells that produce a physical effect like stunning spells or fire blasts?

The killing curse is described as doing no physical damage and severing the soul so it should work on them (and Superman) the same as on any normal human.

Not that this matters since this is movies only but I am curious.

TURBODERP

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2017, 02:42:32 AM »

Am I recalling wrong or are Dragons, Giants and the like mainly resistant to spells that produce a physical effect like stunning spells or fire blasts?

The killing curse is described as doing no physical damage and severing the soul so it should work on them (and Superman) the same as on any normal human.

Not that this matters since this is movies only but I am curious.

It's unclear and never shown. Dragons/(half) giants are shown to be resistant to all forms of magic at least in part due to their size, so presumably that means you'd need multiple Avadra Kevadras with killing intent from high-level wizards to do the job.

AK also blows up and fizzles against inanimate objects like headstones, it's got very little penetrating power (a suit of armor should block it).

Pages: 1 2 [3]