Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Voldemort uses the kill curse on MOS (films only)  (Read 1746 times)

Quan_the_Antagonist

• Crisis Actor
  • Maul
    • View Profile
Voldemort uses the kill curse on MOS (films only)
« on: January 20, 2015, 02:05:47 AM »

Film versions only.  Does Superman survive ?

Both fathers are around and watching the son they both are ashamed of in another room. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:17:39 AM by Quan_the_Antagonist »

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
Re: Voldemort uses the kill curse on MOS (films only)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 02:41:20 AM »

survives

plays "who's got your nose, I got your nose"

Quan_the_Antagonist

• Crisis Actor
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 02:43:58 AM »

survives

Based on what ?  Can you provide some evidence ? 

Ramz

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:14:49 AM »

survives

No he can't, and neither can the other side. This thread basically will amount to "who do you like more".

Almighty Tallest

• King
  • Weren't you banished?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:18:20 AM »

There's no evidence human magic will work on Kryptonians. Beings with less durability than him are resistant to magic, and MoS doesn't have the magic weakness.

LiquidSailor

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 03:18:39 AM »

It's magic, so it should kill Superman.  Though they never really mention a magic weakness in any of the Superman films. 

I guess if the spell connects, it could kill him. 

LiquidSailor

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 03:19:23 AM »

There's no evidence human magic will work on Kryptonians. Beings with less durability than him are resistant to magic, and MoS doesn't have the magic weakness.

We don't know that he doesn't have it.  He just hasn't battled a magic user yet in any of the movies.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 03:52:37 AM »

survives

No he can't, and neither can the other side. This thread basically will amount to "who do you like more".

Quan_the_Antagonist

• Crisis Actor
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 02:57:28 PM »

It works on spiders, Wizards, etc.   What does durability have to do with the kill curse ?   Have you seen the Potter films ? 

fangirl101

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 02:59:09 PM »

It works on spiders, Wizards, etc.   What does durability have to do with the kill curse ?   Have you seen the Potter films ?
You had a made up, I would say mind, but that is too big for you, so I'll say opinion, before you posted the question. How can we possibly know if a kill curse will work on a being who is nothing like anything Voldy has ever faced.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• Crisis Actor
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 03:03:24 PM »

You had a made up, I would say mind, but that is too big for you, so I'll say opinion, before you posted the question. How can we possibly know if a kill curse will work on a being who is nothing like anything Voldy has ever faced.
The kill curse works on differing beings and since Superman has no resistance feats there is no case he would survive.   The guy took a nap when he tried to hold up a tower.  Ak kills him.  Deal with it.

fangirl101

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 04:00:42 PM »

The kill curse works on differing beings and since Superman has no resistance feats there is no case he would survive.   The guy took a nap when he tried to hold up a tower.  Ak kills him.  Deal with it.
I thought it was due to an explosion. He seemed fine crashing thru skyscrapers and against a world gravity changing machine later on. Call it growing stronger. Show any being as durable as Superman, being killed by the curse, and then you have a point.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:28:27 PM by fangirl101 »

nu-safado

• Administrator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 06:27:09 PM »

pretty much

The closest you can get to an educated guess is one guy (as mentioned) beat the world engine through sheer power, became leagues mmre powerful by the en of the movie and was fighting off the gravity of a black hole from somehwere along its borders

Voldemort lost to Harry Potter because Harry had Voldie's wand and Voldemort couldn't access his full power (book's explanation)

Common sense says "are you fucking kidding?"

Quan_the_Antagonist

• Crisis Actor
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 08:37:11 PM »

I thought it was due to an explosion. He seemed fine crashing thru skyscrapers and against a world gravity changing machine later on. Call it growing stronger. Show any being as durable as Superman, being killed by the curse, and then you have a point.
He gave out due to the strain.  Weak.  Crashing through skyscrapers inflicts damage on the body.  The kill curse just magically kills you.  It doesn't leave holes in you so like I said the kill curse kills him.  It isn't the same as falling into a building since that will damage the body.  Apples and oranges.  Superman dies just like a spider or a wizard.

:)

Almighty Tallest

• King
  • Weren't you banished?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 09:00:55 PM »

But it doesn't work on giants, trolls, dragons, etc... All of the creatures who have spell resistance are really large and really tough. But since it is you, I'm not surprised. You probably think AK would work on Doctor Manhattan or Silver Surfer.
Pages: [1] 2 3