Herochat

Joe Biden

Propeus The Fallen

• +26/-5
    • View Profile
Joe Biden
« on: December 21, 2017, 02:51:09 AM »
Would you be okay if he was the Dem nominee in 2020?

I really want a new face--but damn if I don't like Joe Biden. He's a generally great human being, a great leader, and as much credit as Obama gets for gay rights, Biden's the one who got the ball rolling on that.

AP

• +92/-52
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Biden
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 02:56:48 AM »
He is another Clinton or Obama.

Panthergod

• +44/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 12:42:48 PM »
He's a bank owned piece of shit who helped draft the totalitarian 90s crime bill IIRC. And almost certainly a serial sexual abuser. Typical corporate elitist slave.

therock

• +39/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 02:06:31 PM »
He good. Most of the polls have him doing the best with Trump out of possibily guys. Even better then Bernie

because he get Rural votes, he get minority votes.  He generally well liked and personall.  the media likes him. 

People may say he another obama. But Obama won twice, And left with a approval rating in the 50's which pretty good for a president last term. And that people thinking he some radical secret immigrant. Someone who been accuse of being a Radical communist and Just Bush in Black face at the same time.

Wouldnt say He Hillary, becuase he simply more like then her.  He hasn't had decades of people going at him and thinking she sending assassin to kill his enemies. For instance his son can die..without people thinking he killed him to get the symphaty vote

Now wouldnt go for Biden. would go for a more progressive because you need a united democrat party.  Lot of people who go or bust with him.  I mean I think it be insane if is Biden vs Trump..to not vote for Trump if you lean left but fuck it as I said in Tax topic you got to know where your party move, But that going to be up to the democratic primarty votes which he pretty popular.

But if people want to beat them they better be on there fucking A Game.  He a tough oppodent for the stuff I listed.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 04:20:14 PM »
Would I be satisfied? Not really given how hardline the GOP has shifted the Overton Window; despite it's policies not actually being popular. Joe's not a preferred option to shift it back. But would I vote for him if the only other viable option is Trump?  Most likely, yeah.

More Clinton style economics aren't what we need now however. Biden (or whoever) would need to let his populist side rule. Which worries me somewhat. Picking a progressive VP (Tulsi Gabbard, Ro Khanna, Mark Pocan, Amy Vilela, etc.) could help. Picking a Tim Kaine or Cory Booker otoh.........  :(

The Dem nominee has to stand up for things like universal healthcare, a living wage, infrastructure investment, addressing educational costs, halting foreign military engagements, reforming the prison system, and reregulating Wall Street. Those are the means tests for a candidate, so to speak.
Sig : Sierra Skye

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 04:29:26 PM »
By the way, whether it is Biden or someone else, if Dems control congress too they need to be utterly ruthless in passing that agenda.

If people like Pelosi or Schumer are unwilling to go to the wall for it, they need to either resign or at least turn over leadership to people that will.
Sig : Sierra Skye

LiquidSailor

• +61/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »
Pelosi won't resign.  She's a giant whore despite doing nothing but lose since she became leader.

Shit dems need to learn from their mistakes.  They haven't, they won't.  But they need to.

They are still out there pushing away the Sanders supporters with their bullshit.  Meanwhile Sanders is once again on the front lines speaking out and fighting the current GOP plans...while Hillary hides in a hole somewhere doing absolutely nothing for the party.

Knowing the retard dems, they'll try to get another republican lite to run to appeal to the white Trump defectors.  A losing strategy for the future of the country, for certain.

Or maybe they'll drag up Booker, because he's not only a corporate whore sellout, but just black enough to get morons to vote for him thinking he's the second coming of Obama.

DIGUSTING

AP

• +92/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 07:51:43 PM »
Biden is very much Republican-lite.

MTL76

• +1123/-16
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 10:35:01 PM »
We need younger candidates across the board.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

AP

• +92/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 10:42:19 PM »
We need younger candidates across the board.

And they should actually give a shit about people more than corporations.

Panthergod

• +44/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 11:51:58 PM »
Tulsi Gabbard, being one of the few who recognize that the wars are BS globalist neocon/neoliberal corporate slave propaganda nonsense where America blatantly supports the terrorists they created from the beginning to fight the Russians, is among the few remotely sane people in the party.

AP

• +92/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 12:01:17 AM »
Tulsi Gabbard, being one of the few who recognize that the wars are BS globalist neocon/neoliberal corporate slave propaganda nonsense where America blatantly supports the terrorists they created from the beginning to fight the Russians, is among the few remotely sane people in the party.

Pretty much.

Uhtceare

• +17/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 10:56:15 AM »
 If Tulsi Gabbard ran for President, I'd vote for her so fast I'd leave a cartoon cut-out of myself in the wall. Her and Bernie are my dream-candidates.

MTL76

• +1123/-16
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 12:08:56 PM »
Yeah, I’d vote for Gabbard in a heartbeat.

If she runs, let’s put her on the Herochat banner.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

AP

• +92/-52
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 08:26:18 PM »
I would love to see Gabbard as president.