Herochat

Marvel cancelled a bunch of titles, it seems.

Red Exodus

• +10/-21
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel cancelled a bunch of titles, it seems.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 08:26:18 AM »
Honestly, Gwenpool was stupid. There's already a Deadpool, and already a Gwen Stacy
character. But hey, let's do ANOTHER one, and combine her with Deadpool! How amazingly
original! And she has 4th wall breaking powers too, and almost his costume but its pink!

Fucking stupid.

And America was definitely one of the worst written drecks I've ever seen. That first issue
was enough for me to say "hell no."

Riv1

• +53/-1041
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 08:54:00 AM »
I was actually keen on getting the America book when it was mentioned here...till i read the premise/reviews.

SCOURGEBREAKER HULK

Hulkster

• +12/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 10:01:05 AM »
Just cancel all those damn inhuman books.
^^^cant argue that.

I didnt read any of the books listed.
No interest in the characters, really.
Also, Marvel makes it HARD for me to get into new, or fairly new books, when storylines are routinely taken over by event crossovers.
Tried Totally Awesome Hulk just last month, and over half the 2 year run seemed to be tie in related.

One was a mini that is completed.  Royals is not great but not bad.  Blackbolt is actually a good book that is critically acclaimed and voted as one of 2017's top 10.

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 10:01:37 AM »
I dropped Captain Marvel but one Issue in particular showed just how much the current writer didn’t know the characters...when the space station got destroyed and the team were on earth they decided they had to change their name as there can’t be an alpha flight on earth. Ummm there’s two members in the same room should have said shut up carol

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:03:34 AM by -K-M- »

Hulkster

• +12/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 10:02:55 AM »
Why is America Chavez written better in, literally, every other title bit her own? Fans like her in Young Avengers, A-Force and Ultimates but her solo sucks. That seems like a stupid way to push a character.

Tell me about it!  To much potential in the character for them to hand her off to a hack with an agenda.  They basically did the same to Angela.  I really think it is Disney's influence.

80sBaby

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2017, 11:21:12 AM »
Why is America Chavez written better in, literally, every other title bit her own? Fans like her in Young Avengers, A-Force and Ultimates but her solo sucks. That seems like a stupid way to push a character.

Tell me about it!  To much potential in the character for them to hand her off to a hack with an agenda.  They basically did the same to Angela.  I really think it is Disney's influence.

I was actually keen on getting the America book when it was mentioned here...till i read the premise/reviews.

See! I don't get it. That's not how you grow an audience so, did they REALLY expect her to succeed or was it just for show?

And where's Blue Marvel's book, dammit!! They should be pushing he and Monica like the did BP and Storm. At least the former couple makes sense and is likeable.

Hulkster

• +12/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 01:46:17 PM »

See! I don't get it. That's not how you grow an audience so, did they REALLY expect her to succeed or was it just for show?

And where's Blue Marvel's book, dammit!! They should be pushing he and Monica like the did BP and Storm. At least the former couple makes sense and is likeable.

Or at least revive The Ultimates in some form.  There are only 5 members, so there is room to add.  Captain Britain would be good and Angela would be a good rival for MAC.

Riv1

• +53/-1041
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2017, 05:06:57 PM »
And where's Blue Marvel's book, dammit!! They should be pushing he and Monica like the did BP and Storm. At least the former couple makes sense and is likeable
now that IS puzzling. I never bought into Storm/BP.
I've posted with ppl at KMC who no joke say 'why nit have them together theyre both african'.
I can imagine thats the same shitty reasoning Marvel used.
Adam and Monica came together pretty organically in comparison.

SCOURGEBREAKER HULK