Herochat

Secrets of the SAS: In Their Own Words (attn: Liam)

MTL76

• +1122/-15
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Secrets of the SAS: In Their Own Words (attn: Liam)
« on: December 14, 2017, 02:59:20 PM »
This is a show on Netflix and it's a gem. Liam, I think it will be right up your alley, and the same goes for anyone who's a fan of Ennis's Punisher MAX. It's basically a bunch of retired SAS soldiers describing missions they've gone on. It's a ton of fun, and amusing to see how they all look like a bunch of regular old dudes.

Example: an SAS soldier is describing how he and his partner were undercover in Iraq, making their way back to base in an unmarked car. The car dies, so they decide to hijack a taxi.

"My favored approach of hijacking taxis is to try first with US dollars... And if that doesn't, then show them the caliber of my weapon, which often persuades them that I can be the taxi driver.

The taxi driver was obviously afraid. He probably wasn't aware of exactly who we were, but I tried to show him my soft, approachable side to warm his fears... But I don't think it worked."

[interviewer: Your soft approachable side while holding a gun?]

"The gun doesn't help, as does the rocket launchers and machine guns that were getting loaded in his boot. But I thought that a smile and a wink might help in that situation."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 03:58:57 PM by MTL76 »

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
Re: Secrets of the SAS: In Their Own Words (attn: Liam)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 04:05:51 AM »
Great, more to add to the queue.