Herochat

Kyle Rayner Green Lantern

Commander

• +16/-3
    • View Profile
Kyle Rayner Green Lantern
« on: December 03, 2017, 11:42:13 PM »
For any Kyle Rayner readers here, does anyone remember the issue where Ganthet said that he did not accidentally choose Kyle (as Kyle thought all along he was just a GL by chance). Ganthet (or someone that I can't recall) told Kyle that the ring specifically chose him among all the multitude of lifeforms on the universe to become the lone GL that time....

Riv1

• +22/-868
    • View Profile
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

Propeus The Fallen

• +17/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Kyle Rayner Green Lantern
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 02:31:04 AM »
Sigh. I miss Wally West Flash and Kyle GL.  :'(

NeoGreenLantern

• +65/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 12:30:43 PM »
Riv got it.

Not BAMF

• +6/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 12:40:37 PM »

Yeah, I feel like DC just likes to give a big ol; middle finger to those of us who cut their teeth on DC in the 90's/2000's. Wally was gone for years and has come back to mediocrity (and hasn't been relevant since Barry returned). Kyle is treated like a joke ever since Rebirth (and hasn't been relevant since Hal returned). Tim Drake is MIA. Superboy is gone or changed beyond recognition or whatever. I'm not even sure what happened to the rest of Young Justice/the 2000's Teen Titans (is Cassie still around anywhere? Is Bart still just dead?). Is the JSA still a thing at all? I NEVER hear about them anymore.

I really like DC, and yet I also don't particularly care for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal, and Barry. I feel like there's nothing for me there anymore.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:45:27 PM by Not BAMF »

Propeus The Fallen

• +17/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 01:54:04 PM »
I think what bothers me the most about Barry....just look at the tv shows and the Justice League movie. They give him Wally West's personality. And I've read articles that they put Wally West on covers to boost sells.  Why can't just have Wally West as The Flash?!

But yeah, I haven't read a DC comic in a long time because they pretty much made it crystal clear that they don't want my generation.

There is actually a part of me that hopes Bendis like Wally, Kyle, Cassandra Caine and wants to write them. I mean, he'd probably be horrible but at least they'd be out and about again.

But the larger part of me wants Bendis and Geoff Johns to drive each other insane and fight to the death for all they have done to me and my favorite characters. :)

80sBaby

• +23/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 02:56:27 PM »

Yeah, I feel like DC just likes to give a big ol; middle finger to those of us who cut their teeth on DC in the 90's/2000's. Wally was gone for years and has come back to mediocrity (and hasn't been relevant since Barry returned). Kyle is treated like a joke ever since Rebirth (and hasn't been relevant since Hal returned). Tim Drake is MIA. Superboy is gone or changed beyond recognition or whatever. I'm not even sure what happened to the rest of Young Justice/the 2000's Teen Titans (is Cassie still around anywhere? Is Bart still just dead?). Is the JSA still a thing at all? I NEVER hear about them anymore.

I really like DC, and yet I also don't particularly care for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal, and Barry. I feel like there's nothing for me there anymore.

Tim isn't MIA. He's actually the center for the current Detective Comics arc. As for Conner, Cassie, etc, they will also be featured in the current arc, which deals with the Titans of Tomorrow. Their absence is tied into the 5 missing years that Manhattan apparently stole.

JSA is coming back in their classic forms, too.

NeoGreenLantern

• +65/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 03:38:28 PM »
Yeah They are using Tim as a lynchpin to add back in a lot of the YJ/Teen Titans stuff back into the continuity. They even gave him back his classic origin already.

They really did fuck over Kyle though.

NeoGreenLantern

• +65/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 04:29:50 PM »
They did have Kyle hook up with Carol which is pretty funny.

NeoGreenLantern

• +65/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 07:57:12 PM »
Omega Men did him some justice too. He spent a decent amount of time beating on super human aliens without any powers.

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 09:01:45 PM »
Kyle was the best

NeoGreenLantern

• +65/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 09:13:50 PM »
Indeed, brother

herochat

• +104/-80
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 09:15:47 PM »
Kyle was okay
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

NeoGreenLantern

• +65/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 09:26:44 PM »
Kyle was a god damn national treasure

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 10:45:23 PM »
90´s artist Kyle with Radu in the city is why I am comics