Herochat

Battle of the Week: Black Knight vs Ra's Al Ghul

AP

• +56/-49
    • View Profile
Battle of the Week: Black Knight vs Ra's Al Ghul
« on: December 03, 2017, 11:00:10 PM »
Nominated by Shuruku Demon.  Equal swords and armor for both.  No shields.

Black Knight

VS

Ra’s Al Ghul

Animalia

• +6/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Week: Black Knight vs Ra's Al Ghul
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 03:10:25 AM »
I dont like "split" so I'm giving this to Ras.
Not a skill advantage but maybe some dirty trick and cunning would grant him some advantage.

Mightily Oats

• +72/-577
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 04:26:57 AM »
His win against Deathsroke is tainted by all the preceding factors I've since learned came to light

But

It's still more than the Black Knight has

But if Black Knight has a Handbook entry saying he's the most skilled swordsman on Earth, that will change EVERYTHING

The Shuruku Demon

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 06:22:56 AM »
But if Black Knight has a Handbook entry saying he's the most skilled swordsman on Earth, that will change EVERYTHING

Why do you insist on misrepresenting my positions to make them seem less reasonable than they actually are?

Mightily Oats

• +72/-577
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 07:56:49 AM »

Why do you insist on misrepresenting my positions to make them seem less reasonable than they actually are?
That's not a misrepresentation

You have autism

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 09:04:53 AM »
Sick art pics

The Shuruku Demon

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 09:20:02 AM »
That's not a misrepresentation

You make it sound like I used Fandral's bio to overrule something from an actual story, which isn't the case. I actually brought it up to counter your claim that Balder was a better swordsman... a claim which, as far as I can tell, was based on nothing more than an assumption on your part. And while I rank evidence from stories above statements from bios, I'm afraid I also rank statements from bios above assumptions from readers.

You have autism

Not true. But even if it were true, it wouldn't make me wrong about any of the points I argued in the Fandral thread. This is just you resorting to a blatant ad hominem; you can't defeat my argument, so instead you try to undermine me by attacking me on a personal level.

I never use such tactics against you. I don't like you, and don't think much of you as a person, but I never use that as an excuse to wave away your arguments without addressing them.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:27:54 AM by The Shuruku Demon »

Not BAMF

• +6/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 12:55:26 PM »
Would anyone honestly bet the under if the O/U on HC members with some form of autism was 75%? We sit around and argue over fictional fights. We're all fucking weirdos.

The Shuruku Demon

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 01:30:28 PM »
That's just being a geek, or an otaku. Hardly interchangeable with autism. I doubt Oats genuinely thinks I have autism. It's just his way of trying to undermine me. I believe it shows poor character on his part though. Neurological orders like that aren't anything to joke about. If someone here had autism for real, only an obnoxious prick would ridicule them for it. A decent person would feel some sympathy. Ironic, isn't it? I, the person accused of having a neurological disorder associated with social impairment, am a more considerate and compassionate individual than the person who applied that label to me.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 04:18:36 PM »
Probably the weirdest BotW discussion yet

The Shuruku Demon

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 04:59:01 PM »
Apologies for the derailing the thread a bit, but I wasn't going to stand for Oats misrepresenting something I said, or casually using austism as an insult.

I'd offer an opinion on the match-up, but I really don't have much of one. More curious about how others saw it than anything.

herochat

• +104/-80
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 05:39:31 PM »
That's just being a geek, or an otaku. Hardly interchangeable with autism. I doubt Oats genuinely thinks I have autism. It's just his way of trying to undermine me. I believe it shows poor character on his part though. Neurological orders like that aren't anything to joke about. If someone here had autism for real, only an obnoxious prick would ridicule them for it. A decent person would feel some sympathy. Ironic, isn't it? I, the person accused of having a neurological disorder associated with social impairment, am a more considerate and compassionate individual than the person who applied that label to me.

This is literally what someone on the autism spectrum would post.

Would anyone honestly bet the under if the O/U on HC members with some form of autism was 75%? We sit around and argue over fictional fights. We're all fucking weirdos.

Definitely over. And I'm speaking for myself here, as well
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

The Shuruku Demon

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 05:53:30 PM »

Whatever. Ridiculing someone on the basis of them supposedly being autistic is a dick move. And that only applies moreso if the subject of the ridicule genuinely is autistic.

AP

• +56/-49
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 06:04:52 PM »

Definitely over. And I'm speaking for myself here, as well

I was diagnosed with ADD myself.

AP

• +56/-49
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 06:06:35 PM »